Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

2 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Or it could be that some people just doesn't have the decency to celebrate someone's life who just passed because they lived miserably all their lives and want others just be miserable as well... It is basic human decency to celebrate the life of the dead, especially of someone like Queen Elizabeth... Fairy tales is not even part of it... 

How miserable of me not to be fawning over a 96yr old billionaire who I've never met popping her clogs. Have I not given enough reasons in this thread why i DON'T feel she should be universally celebrated or that a country experiencing an economic crisis should not come to a standstill for two weeks and have every dissenting opinion crushed by a compliant media? It has nothing to do with human decency and everyhting to do with not forcing performative mourning on people. 

40 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Or it could be that some people just doesn't have the decency to celebrate someone's life who just passed because they lived miserably all their lives and want others just be miserable as well... It is basic human decency to celebrate the life of the dead, especially of someone like Queen Elizabeth... Fairy tales is not even part of it... 

of course, I think nobody here would be in front of her family laughing at her or complaining about her figure or job. But in a forum not related to them...

1 hour ago, Kim said:

How miserable of me not to be fawning over a 96yr old billionaire who I've never met popping her clogs. Have I not given enough reasons in this thread why i DON'T feel she should be universally celebrated or that a country experiencing an economic crisis should not come to a standstill for two weeks and have every dissenting opinion crushed by a compliant media? It has nothing to do with human decency and everyhting to do with not forcing performative mourning on people. 

One of the best phrases of English language is “popping the clogs “. I always chuckle when I read it hahahaha. 

Anyway, I find indecency in gushing for hours over a funeral. Like a medieval old woman going to the hanging. Bread and circus.

7 minutes ago, Toni said:

In an independent Scotland what happens with the Royals and all their properties and lands?

The current independence movement seeks to dissolve the political union, not the monarchical one, but I suspect there would be a vote on that later down the line.

Balmoral is a private residence and belongs to the royals, Palace of Hollyrood would transfer to full public ownership I imagine as has happened with previous royal residences like Linlithgow Palace, Stirling Castle, Edinburgh Castle etc

46 minutes ago, Kim said:

The current independence movement seeks to dissolve the political union, not the monarchical one, but I suspect there would be a vote on that later down the line.

Balmoral is a private residence and belongs to the royals, Palace of Hollyrood would transfer to full public ownership I imagine as has happened with previous royal residences like Linlithgow Palace, Stirling Castle, Edinburgh Castle etc

Oh right, thanks. I was getting a little carried away there visualising a great big fire sale! 🤦‍♀️😆

3 minutes ago, ThomasW said:

What happens if Chuck croaks? willy gets the crown? and what if Will abdicates? will one of his kids be crowned king of nickelodeon? how brainwashed are the Brits?

William is now the heir to the throne when Charles dies he becomes King. If William abdicates it passes to George his son as he is next in line to the throne.

Nickelodeon isn’t included as part of the British realm the monarch becomes Head of State for, but that could change, unlikely though. 

Brainwashed as in like the monarch or happy to have a monarch? Hard to give an exact figure but 2 million passes the Queens coffin so that’s a couple of million out the population but there’s over 40 million adults in the country so who knows?

16 minutes ago, Confessit said:

William is now the heir to the throne when Charles dies he becomes King. If William abdicates it passes to George his son as he is next in line to the throne.

Nickelodeon isn’t included as part of the British realm the monarch becomes Head of State for, but that could change, unlikely though. 

Brainwashed as in like the monarch or happy to have a monarch? Hard to give an exact figure but 2 million passes the Queens coffin so that’s a couple of million out the population but there’s over 40 million adults in the country so who knows?

Madonna's new video is out.

2 hours ago, ThomasW said:

I posted that yesterday. Either a massive racist or a walking PR disaster, but the monarchy's main supporters are mostly racists anyway (on social media at least) so no one cares.

I hate to contribute to this convo again, but just thought I'd mention that the viewing figures are IN and a game of football last year got more viewers in the UK (as did Di's funeral of course)

What a FLOP!

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

I hate to contribute to this convo again, but just thought I'd mention that the viewing figures are IN and a game of football last year got more viewers in the UK (as did Di's funeral of course)

What a FLOP!

I read on Twitter. So much for billions :rotfl:

On 9/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, Kim said:

I just can't with the sheer ridiculousness of this converstion. I wasn't brought up to kowtow to my 'betters' or talk about kings and queens outwith fairytale books so i just look at that reply in disbelief. I await old jug ears "reforms" with baited breath. In the meantime, here he is fucking up yet again... draw yer own conclusions...

Wow, just wow. 

ru-pauls-drag-race-drag-queen.gif

1 hour ago, Kim said:

What a FLOP!

Huge flop ! 

In reality Diana was mourned the world over killed in a tragic accident at 36 with 2 young sons. The Queen reached 96 with grown up children. 
There was no streaming in 1997 so the only place to see any of it was on a TV where viewing figures are recorded. Streaming isn’t included in the figures for last weeks funeral. 

56 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Huge flop ! 

In reality Diana was mourned the world over killed in a tragic accident at 36 with 2 young sons. The Queen reached 96 with grown up children. 
There was no streaming in 1997 so the only place to see any of it was on a TV where viewing figures are recorded. Streaming isn’t included in the figures for last weeks funeral. 

Streaming or no streaming it was a FLOP.

We wouldn't even be having this convo if you hadn't tried to make out it was some record breaker!

Just now, Kim said:

Streaming or no streaming it was a FLOP.

We wouldn't even be having this convo if you hadn't tried to make out it was some record breaker!

Flip flop !!

Id hardly call it a flop it wasn’t televised to be number 1 of anything it certainly attracted huge viewing figures obviously more so here in the U.K than stateside.

But yes, I was wrong in what I read about the billions I stand properly corrected on that one!!! 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Flip flop !!

Id hardly call it a flop it wasn’t televised to be number 1 of anything it certainly attracted huge viewing figures obviously more so here in the U.K than stateside.

But yes, I was wrong in what I read about the billions I stand properly corrected on that one!!! 

Flop off.

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I think once the storm is over she will be remembered as that cold mother who couldn’t give a damn when Diana died.

I don’t think Diana defines her whole history.

She’s certainly a part of it though but I think her reign was far too long and had too much going on within it just be remembered for one event. 

33 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I don’t think Diana defines her whole history.

She’s certainly a part of it though but I think her reign was far too long and had too much going on within it just be remembered for one event. 

Oh please, now that the performative media-imposed mourning is over, it might as well have never happened at all. No one cares.

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh please, now that the performative media-imposed mourning is over, it might as well have never happened at all. No one cares.

I never stated anybody did my reply was about Diana and how she will be remembered.