Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

23 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Buckingham Palace is state owned the Queen never owned it. The heating of the building is not simply heating her home. It contains the state rooms that the government put to use for foreign visits etc. Whether you agree with the giver ent business that happens in the palace or not is not the point you have poised. 

The Queen was government property hence the agreement to heat it. It’s like Bug Ben costing a billion to restore. It’s an historical building. End of. does that make to right ? I’m not saying it does but I’m stating the principal ….

The monarchy will always be privileged like many families in the country who could open their doors to the poor and provide shelter……this argument can go for many. Anyone who has millions in the bank could choose to donate or not. That choice is there’s alone to make. This is not restricted to monarchy.

Her being above certain laws I whole heartedly agree with you is not correct nobody should be above the laws of the land.I argue this with the church and certain faiths trying to change what school kids get taught because of God. Bollocks to that everyone should be taught in accordance to the national curriculum.

Andrew is a dirty old man. I agree he should of stood trial I kind of wish Virgina had refused to accept the pay check. He got of Scott free and it’s totally wrong. 

I haven’t read the Queen tired today change anything to stop black people being employed. There are many black people that work in her staff many people of mixed race where out today I saw in TV her households coming out on the funeral…..so I don’t know about her trying to change rules to exclude black people. 

It's like conversing with a robot (one programmed to spout monarchist propaganda) 

You do not apply to a HARDSHIP fund meant for people in poverty to heat yer fucking state rooms when yer getting paid 20 MILLION a year from the public purse for hosting banquets and cutting ribbons and been given 400 MILLION from the public purse to refurbish said shithole.

If you're not aware of the revelations last year that  “coloured immigrants or foreigners” were once banned from serving in clerical roles in royal households up to the 70s and that said legislation is still in place (whether followed or not) then that's not my problem.

i'll give you credit for not defending the paedo though - like most of YOUR LOT do.

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

It's like conversing with a robot (one programmed to spout monarchist propaganda) 

You do not apply to a HARDSHIP fund meant for people in poverty to heat yer fucking state rooms when yer getting paid 20 MILLION a year from the public purse for hosting banquets and cutting ribbons and been given 400 MILLION from the public purse to refurbish said shithole.

If you're not aware of the revelations last year that  “coloured immigrants or foreigners” were once banned from serving in clerical roles in royal households then that's not my problem.

i'll give you credit for not defending the paedo though - like most of YOUR LOT do.

call it propaganda if you wish I call it me looking and reviewing the facts available to me…

The palace was falling to bits at the seams it’s massive too big really and hadn’t been updated in some parts since Vitoria lived in it.

The issue is its historic place now for the country but again, it’s what the government want rather than what she wanted. The Queen never wanted to live there, she was told she has to its the seat of monarchy from the prime minister of the day.

There are too many royal homes anyways its needs majorly slimming down but I believe this will happen under Charles who has already said he wants the monarchy slimming down. All of these places need money, a lot of money to run it’s barmy but I do think they will be slimmed down and there’s major changes ahead. 

He’s already said he is considering changing the law of councillor of states to throw off non-working royals which will get rid of Andrew being able to act in his absence something that is in the law of the land currently. I think he will make decisions far more in tune with society than the Queen ever did. Give him chance he’s only just got the top job.

I can believe foreigners and black people where once tried to be outed from job roles just like in many other place of society but again, that’s the establishment not the Queen herself who I don’t believe was racist. She conveyed with people from all walks of life but there is no point providing a list to you as you obviously won’t have it either way anyways….

As for Andrew, I would never defend but I wish as I stated before Virginia took him to trial to force him to face uo to to what he has done rather than accept the money. I’m not saying I blame her, that’s too strong a word but if money continues to be accepted by victims how are these vile creatures ever going to face real justice?

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

call it propaganda if you wish I call it me looking and reviewing the facts available to me…

The palace was falling to bits at the seams it’s massive too big really and hadn’t been updated in some parts since Vitoria lived in it.

The issue is its historic place now for the country but again, it’s what the government want rather than what she wanted. The Queen never wanted to live there, she was told she has to its the seat of monarchy from the prime minister of the day.

There are too many royal homes anyways its needs majorly slimming down but I believe this will happen under Charles who has already said he wants the monarchy slimming down. All of these places need money, a lot of money to run it’s barmy but I do think they will be slimmed down and there’s major changes ahead. 

He’s already said he is considering changing the law of councillor of states to throw off non-working royals which will get rid of Andrew being able to act in his absence something that is in the law of the land currently. I think he will make decisions far more in tune with society than the Queen ever did. Give him chance he’s only just got the top job.

I can believe foreigners and black people where once tried to be outed from job roles just like in many other place of society but again, that’s the establishment not the Queen herself who I don’t believe was racist. She conveyed with people from all walks of life but there is no point providing a list to you as you obviously won’t have it either way anyways….

As for Andrew, I would never defend but I wish as I stated before Virginia took him to trial to force him to face uo to to what he has done rather than accept the money. I’m not saying I blame her, that’s too strong a word but if money continues to be accepted by victims how are these vile creatures ever going to face real justice?

I just can't with the sheer ridiculousness of this converstion. I wasn't brought up to kowtow to my 'betters' or talk about kings and queens outwith fairytale books so i just look at that reply in disbelief. I await old jug ears "reforms" with baited breath. In the meantime, here he is fucking up yet again... draw yer own conclusions...

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

I just can't with the sheer ridiculousness of this converstion. I wasn't brought up to kowtow to my 'betters' or talk about kings and queens outwith fairytale books so i just look at that reply in disbelief. I await old jug ears "reforms" with baited breath. In the meantime, here he is fucking up yet again... draw yer own conclusions...

Kings and Queens are not just in fairytale books they exist and have done through history. Even stretching back thousands of years to Pharos in Egypt. 

I do agree with your sentiment though we have gone as far as we can go but I’m some ways we are not disagreeing you just loath all of it I don’t but that’s not to say I like all of it either as I’ve stated.

The clip is bizarre. King Charles the 3rd is a racist off with his head! 

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Kings and Queens are not just in fairytale books they exist and have done through history. Even stretching back thousands of years to Pharos in Egypt. 

I do agree with your sentiment though we have gone as far as we can go but I’m some ways we are not disagreeing you just loath all of it I don’t but that’s not to say I like all of it either as I’ve stated.

The clip is bizarre. King Charles the 3rd is a racist off with his head! 

They don't exist in *my world* A world where one works hard for ones privilege without a silver spoon stuck up ones arse.

Anyway now that Betty's finally in the ground, this convo is redundant.

Though I am still laughing at you falling for some parody account on twitter saying 5 billion ppl watched that pantomime!

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

They don't exist in *my world* A world where one works hard for ones privilege without a silver spoon stuck up ones arse.

Anyway now that Betty's finally in the ground, this convo is redundant.

Though I am still laughing at you falling for some parody account on twitter saying 5 billion ppl watched that pantomime!

There’s not just your world that is discussed in here though, right ?

I’ve stopped laughing at the account you fell for that stated that Charles had given Andrew councillor of state privilege when in reality it was always a law that was passed years and years ago. 
😉

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I’ve stopped laughing at the account you fell for that stated that Charles had given Andrew councillor of state privilege when in reality it was always a law that was passed years and years ago. 
😉

Have your batteries not run out yet? 

As I was referring to my own upbringing, then yes, it was indeed my world being discussed.

I look forward to Charlie belatedly revoking Andy's councillor of state privilege, just as Liz changed it to include that old bat the queen mum.

Which isn't quite as ridiculous as you imagining 5 times the population of China watched this nonsense!

I hope no one seriously believes those ridiculous ratings numbers on Twitter for this funeral. :rotfl: It was an ordinary monday in Canada. No one was talking about this funeral (apart from the media), no one was watching this funeral, sigh of relief from just about everyone that this masquerade was finally over. She was a significant historical figure of the last century by her longevity on the throne, i give her that. nothing more, nothing less. In an ideal world, Canada would change its constitution to finally get rid of the monarchy. The majority of the population  desire it but our cultural and identity conflicts between Canada and Quebec mean that the federal government will never dare to reopen the constitution since it will have to include compromises for province of Quebec. Going back to the excess of everything about the queen we just went through, I still can't believe people lined up for 10, 12 or 14 hours to spend 10 seconds in front of a stranger's grave. :doh:Ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Confessit said:

Nothing coo about it she had a lifelong love of animals and the outdoor and bred horses and had corgis has pets all her life.

I loved it when they brought out her pets... Her funeral service is probably the most watched TV event globally indeed. Too bad, I don't see anyone from her family worthy of following her footsteps. Queen Elizabeth II and Phillip's love and reign was exceptional, near perfection. Her beautiful and elaborate sendoff fit her well. 🇬🇧👑👸

5 hours ago, Martin B. said:

I hope no one seriously believes those ridiculous ratings numbers on Twitter for this funeral. :rotfl: It was an ordinary monday in Canada. No one was talking about this funeral (apart from the media), no one was watching this funeral, sigh of relief from just about everyone that this masquerade was finally over. She was a significant historical figure of the last century by her longevity on the throne, i give her that. nothing more, nothing less. In an ideal world, Canada would change its constitution to finally get rid of the monarchy. The majority of the population  desire it but our cultural and identity conflicts between Canada and Quebec mean that the federal government will never dare to reopen the constitution since it will have to include compromises for province of Quebec. Going back to the excess of everything about the queen we just went through, I still can't believe people lined up for 10, 12 or 14 hours to spend 10 seconds in front of a stranger's grave. :doh:Ridiculous.

Even though I loved the service, watched it for like 8 straight hours on CNN, those numbers are just estimates... Do not give those numbers of too much importance... There's far better things about it to talk about... 

8 hours ago, Kim said:

I just can't understand this mentality.

It's like me getting a hard on for Mary Queen of Scots... except i couldn't give a fuck.

It’s better to dream of Disney princesses than to face facts like expelling people from your land and taking all their properties after WWII.

6 hours ago, Confessit said:

These posters have been acting that way for ages... Just ignore them...  Let's just celebrate QE2 and how she stayed apolitical all those years... 

Most people revere those families because they feel the glorious past that is long gone and doesn’t fill your shopping cart or warm your house. All royal families are fossils that not even fulfill that idea of diplomacy services. Nowadays they represent oppression for ex colonies and are laughed at by dictators (which are the ones causing turmoil that needs diplomacy). They are now racists and classists characters of tabloids and society pages. But of course in a world where Elon Musk is applauded by red necks and blue collars they still have psychophants followers.

4 of German main/most watched programmes broadcasted the funeral for up to 9 hours. Crazy. I watched the last 70 mins or so. It might have been the last extravaganza of its kind. As someone who studied History I just eat up all the formality and heavy symbolism of the procedure. It’s like time travel. 

12 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

:lol: you're right. It's like keeping up with the Kardashians, but with inbreeding, pedophilia, blood diamonds and a whole lot more dysfunctional. 

I'm team Meghan. I know nothing about her, but everyone hates her so I'm sure that's good. 

yes! right now she is the paria of the series, so I like her. And with anna is the same, they always forget about her, but who was by her mom when she was already dead? anna.

and don´t forget the clothes and the choreographies that they have: people love that.That´s why I think they will continue without problems, at least a few kings more.

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The Windsors had German blood, so it's understandable why Germans love or hold them in high regard

and they had to change their name because of the anti german feelings a century ago in the UK! now, that´s what I call a  family crisis! and not a black woman marrfying somebody that is not even the next monarch

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

Well for some people I guess they get some warm feeling with that idea. Maybe ultra Catholics felt the same when the Pope died.

actually, I´m not an ultra catholic and I loved when he died, all the clothes and the rituals, people screaming when that old man with obvious problems appeard on the balcony and we thought he was the next pope...and I don´t give a shit about the pope, but it was nice to see all those things out of the normal world. Same with this gipsy funeral

16 hours ago, Confessit said:

63% of the worlds population watched today’s ceremony. 

Not bad for someone so divisive in popularity.

ok, I watched it for the choreography and the music, and always expecting somebody was going to do something out of place (after all, the spaniard old king was there, and that´s what I expect from him🤣!)

I don´´t know how many people were watching the ceremony, but we all have dofferent reasons to do it. not the love of Elizabeth II

35 minutes ago, Lolo said:

As someone who studied History I just eat up all the formality and heavy symbolism of the procedure. 

EXACTLY! Why politicize her death, right? The QUEEN wasn't even opinionated about heavy political issues when she was alive because doing so would further divide the people. She let the politicians have all of it.

16 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Just came home from work and I am now watching a little bit of it. I must admit Kate looked absolutely stunning

I disagree: the clothes that oth kate and Megan chose were to "close to their bodies", I don´t know how to say it.It was a funeral, not Ascot.

By the way, I don´t know if it´s real or not, but some people say that the long candle hiding Megan´s face  from the camera angle was planned...

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Most people revere those families because they feel the glorious past that is long gone and doesn’t fill your shopping cart or warm your house. All royal families are fossils that not even fulfill that idea of diplomacy services. Nowadays they represent oppression for ex colonies and are laughed at by dictators (which are the ones causing turmoil that needs diplomacy). They are now racists and classists characters of tabloids and society pages. But of course in a world where Elon Musk is applauded by red necks and blue collars they still have psychophants followers.

again, even if I agree with you in a lot of the things you say, people love the characters on the tabloids. If only there was one openly gay...although what I really want is Harry´s pictures naked when he went to Vegas  with his friends before he met megan and got full drunk

The lowering of the coffin was just crushing.... brings back memories of recent deaths in the family... Was there a movie about the love story of Elizabeth and Phillip? Phillip's lifetime of sacrifice was so admirable and commendable and Elizabeth loved him back... Too bad their children wasn't as lucky and lived trainwreck marriages... 

I think both Meghan and Kate looked very elegant. I liked Meghan’s look a little better, she looked fantastic. Don't care if it’s a superficial statement. They all obviously put a lot of thought into it. 

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

Like I said, it has to be psychological. Some people need to have others to revere (probably because there's nothing about themselves to like) and some people see it all for the charade it is. Never see these people in the politics threads though - the stuff that actually affects their lives rather than tales of kings and queens and their enduring love (Liz and Phil actually had a wretched marriage with his numerous affairs and jealousy of her status, but don't let facts get in the way of fairy tales)

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

Like I said, it has to be psychological. Some people need to have others to revere (probably because there's nothing about themselves to like) and some people see it all for the charade it is. Never see these people in the politics threads though - the stuff that actually affects their lives rather than tales of kings and queens and their enduring love (Liz and Phil actually had a wretched marriage with his numerous affairs and jealousy of her status, but don't let facts get in the way of fairy tales)

Or it could be that some people just doesn't have the decency to celebrate someone's life who just passed because they lived miserably all their lives and want others just be miserable as well... It is basic human decency to celebrate the life of the dead, especially of someone like Queen Elizabeth... Fairy tales is not even part of it...