Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Well for some people I guess they get some warm feeling with that idea. Maybe ultra Catholics felt the same when the Pope died.

For catholics The Pope is Christ on Earth isnt he?

I’d say The Pope is far more popular if we are using such a word with people than the Queen is/was aren’t there a billion catholic’s globally ? And they all look to him as their leader?

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

I’d say The Pope is far more popular if we are using such a word with people than the Queen is/was aren’t there a billion catholic’s globally ? And they all look to him as their leader?

No, the Pope represents Christ on earth. Of course he is not Christ. The old man died and he was even canonized. But people nowadays remember how much pain he brought opposing to the use of condoms in Africa in the middle of the AIDS pandemic. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

This is like some bizarre Eurovision / top of the charts competition for you :electropop:

Rest assured, the queen of Canada's funeral topped the charts! Woo. Congrats. World record. 

Just now, karbatal said:

No, the Pope represents Christ on earth. Of course he is not Christ. The old man died and he was even canonized. But people nowadays remember how much pain he brought opposing to the use of condoms in Africa in the middle of the AIDS pandemic. 

He’s treat like Christ those images of mothers flinging their babies up desperate for him just to touch them. I think the Popes influence is far-wider reaching than the Queens due simply to religion and how serious people take it. And the Catholic Church still has millions and millions as members globally. 
Even though as you say it’s dangerous and a threat to a civilised society.

Just now, ULIZOS said:

This is like some bizarre Eurovision / top of the charts competition for you :electropop:

Rest assured, the queen of Canada's funeral topped the charts! Woo. Congrats. World record. 

🤣 No but we were talking about popularity and viewship of events that was all. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

🤣 No but we were talking about popularity and viewship of events that was all. 

No, I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the fact that no matter how many cry like children time put those famous people in their place.

While the idea of a royal family is outdated in 2022, I can’t help but like it myself. The pomp and ceremony is entertaining. The sense of history and tradition is interesting.

I don’t know why it’s so controversial to like or admire the queen. She gave 70 years of service to public life. I don’t worship her but I deeply respect her and I was sad when she died. It will be no different to when Madonna dies.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

No, I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the fact that no matter how many cry like children time put those famous people in their place.

Who do you want to put in their place ? 
People mourn people it’s happened in history of many from celebrity to political leaders from Evita to Princess Diana…..it’s not just happening now for the first time in history. 

It’s just how some people react people admire people beyond what other people think is ordinary but then you get some who are loved on mass. 

Are we all here as Madonna fans not kind of examples of what others would call fantastical and get real? 

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

It will be no different to when Madonna dies.

Exactly.

The same people in here shaking their heads at people publicly acknowledging the Queen’s death will be supporting those in public publicly acknowledging Madonna’s death.

I love the irony.

What's everyone's favourite memory of Betty?

Mine is when she applied to the govt's POVERTY FUND (created for needy pensioners) to heat Buckingham Palace, closely followed by the time she refused to cancel her GARDEN PARTIES while the burning embers of her subjects in the Grenfell fire were still smoldering, or maybe that time she bailed out her PAEDOPHILE son (with public money) to prevent him standing trial for raping a child, not forgetting the time she lobbied the govt for EXEMPTIONS to become the only land owner not bound by green energy laws, or perhaps that time she asked for changes to the equality act so she wouldn't have to employ BLACK people, or when she got the rules changed to avoid paying INHERITANCE TAX on her personal fortune of half a billion £££ or...or...or...

But gawd bless 'er etc.

Who do you want to put in their place ? 
People mourn people it’s happened in history of many from celebrity to political leaders from Evita to Princess Diana…..it’s not just happening now for the first time in history. 

It’s just how some people react people admire people beyond what other people think is ordinary but then you get some who are loved on mass. 

Are we all here as Madonna fans not kind of examples of what others would call fantastical and get real? 

That woman represented an empire based on racism and abuse in lands abroad. All her jewels in that portrait were stolen in occupied lands. All countries in Western Europe have a colonial past that is incredibly shameful and this woman was Queen while that colonialism still existed. You really are either obtuse or maybe a bit Make Great Britain Great Again. Anyway, keep the warmth inside that those fake numbers give you.

Exactly.

The same people in here shaking their heads at people publicly acknowledging the Queen’s death will be supporting those in public publicly acknowledging Madonna’s death.

I love the irony.

Except Madonna's not a FREELOADING PARASITE.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Mine is when she applied to the govt's POVERTY FUND (created for needy pensioners) to heat Buckingham Palace, closely followed by the time she refused to cancel her GARDEN PARTIES while the burning embers of her subjects in the Grenfell fire were still smoldering, or maybe that time she bailed out her PAEDOPHILE son (with public money) to prevent him standing trial for raping a child, not forgetting the time she lobbied the govt for EXEMPTIONS to become the only land owner not bound by green energy laws, or perhaps that time she asked for changes to the equality act so she wouldn't have to employ BLACK people, or when she got the rules changed to avoid paying INHERITANCE TAX on her personal fortune of half a billion £££ or...or...or...

But gawd bless 'er etc.

I’m 100% sure that people in the future will not understand how populations coped with royal families.

Just now, karbatal said:

I’m 100% sure that people in the future will not understand how populations coped with royal families.

You'd think so, but it's 2022 and people are talking about sad corgis and clouds shaped like the queens head. Utter madness.

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I disagree: it´s like a soap opera, a telenovela with real people. You see them all your life, and you relate to one of a few of them, and you finally finish liking them. and I´m afraid that it´s not going to happen.

Right now I´m on team  princess Ana.

19 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I disagree: it´s like a soap opera, a telenovela with real people. You see them all your life, and you relate to one of a few of them, and you finally finish liking them. and I´m afraid that it´s not going to happen.

Right now I´m on team  princess Ana.

:lol: you're right. It's like keeping up with the Kardashians, but with inbreeding, pedophilia, blood diamonds and a whole lot more dysfunctional. 

I'm team Meghan. I know nothing about her, but everyone hates her so I'm sure that's good. 

37 minutes ago, karbatal said:

That woman represented an empire based on racism and abuse in lands abroad. All her jewels in that portrait were stolen in occupied lands. All countries in Western Europe have a colonial past that is incredibly shameful and this woman was Queen while that colonialism still existed. You really are either obtuse or maybe a bit Make Great Britain Great Again. Anyway, keep the warmth inside that those fake numbers give you.

To place blame for hundreds of years of British history on the Queen is an incredibly simplistic argument to make. 

45 minutes ago, Michael. said:

While the idea of a royal family is outdated in 2022, I can’t help but like it myself. The pomp and ceremony is entertaining. The sense of history and tradition is interesting.

I don’t know why it’s so controversial to like or admire the queen. She gave 70 years of service to public life. I don’t worship her but I deeply respect her and I was sad when she died. It will be no different to when Madonna dies.

Absolutely the same for me! But I'm also kinda nostalgic because my country, Romania, was a monarchy between 1881-1947... when Romania was at its peak. I've always had this sense of history and tradition, I read and watched tons of documentaries, especially about Queen Marie of Romania, who was born in England and felt romanian until her last day.

regina-maria-ie.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

To place blame for hundreds of years of British history on the Queen is an incredibly simplistic argument to make. 

We can all look through history with the benefit of historical hindsight  and choose to do things differently, or not at all.

But some people still see the Queen as running the colonial show which is frankly, ridiculous. But I suppose it’s what she represents for some. 

28 minutes ago, Confessit said:

We can all look through history with the benefit of historical hindsight  and choose to do things differently, or not at all.

But some people still see the Queen as running the colonial show which is frankly, ridiculous. But I suppose it’s what she represents for some. 

I just gave a (partial) list of her despicable acts in the last decade, so you serfs are gonna have to come up with a better argument than that.

32 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Absolutely the same for me! But I'm also kinda nostalgic because my country, Romania, was a monarchy between 1881-1947... when Romania was at its peak. I've always had this sense of history and tradition, I read and watched tons of documentaries, especially about Queen Marie of Romania, who was born in England and felt romanian until her last day.

regina-maria-ie.jpg 

I just can't understand this mentality.

It's like me getting a hard on for Mary Queen of Scots... except i couldn't give a fuck.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

It's like me getting a hard on for Mary Queen of Scots... except i couldn't give a fuck.

Some people respect and look up to the monarchies of the day, some don’t. Simple as that.

Eva Peron (political figure not royalty but same principal) was revered by many and despised by many. 
I guess the choice is yours, ours. 

I’ve never quite understood personally why so many hold Diana up as a kind of saint. But I understand the ingredients it takes to make an icon. And she certainly fulfilled that brief. 

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

:lol: This is a good one...

We're just different. We can't be the same.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Some people respect and look up to the monarchies of the day, some don’t. Simple as that.

Eva Peron (political figure not royalty but same principal) was revered by many and despised by many. 
I guess the choice is yours, ours. 

I’ve never quite understood personally why so many hold Diana up as a kind of saint. But I understand the ingredients it takes to make an icon. And she certainly fulfilled that brief. 

You're right, i don't consider any human being as worthy of reverance due to an accident of birth or marriage.

Must be a psychological thing for those that do.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

But gawd bless 'er etc.

Buckingham Palace is state owned the Queen never owned it. The heating of the building is not simply heating her home. It contains the state rooms that the government put to use for foreign visits etc. Whether you agree with the government  business that happens in the palace or not is not the point you have poised. 

The Queen was government property hence the agreement to heat it. It’s like Big Ben costing a billion to restore. It’s an historical building. End of. does that make to right ? I’m not saying it does but I’m stating the principal ….

The monarchy will always be privileged like many families in the country who could open their doors to the poor and provide shelter……this argument can go for many. Anyone who has millions in the bank could choose to donate or not. That choice is there’s alone to make. This is not restricted to monarchy.

Her being above certain laws I whole heartedly agree with you is not correct nobody should be above the laws of the land.I argue this with the church and certain faiths trying to change what school kids get taught because of God. Bollocks to that everyone should be taught in accordance to the national curriculum.

Andrew is a dirty old man. I agree he should of stood trial I kind of wish Virgina had refused to accept the pay check. He got of Scott free and it’s totally wrong. 

I haven’t read the Queen tired to change anything to stop black people being employed. There are many black people that work in her staff many people of mixed race where out today I saw in TV her households coming out on the funeral…..so I don’t know about her trying to change rules to exclude black people. 

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

You're right, i don't consider any human being as worthy of reverance due to an accident of birth or marriage.

Must be a psychological thing for those that do.

It’s happened since the beginning of time.

Its how religions got started and how they maintain influence. Then you can break right down to something like the kardahians. A family famous for fuck all talent but their millions of devoted followers hang off every thing they say and do.