Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

so australia had a referendum and people that wanted the queen to continue were more than the ones that wanted her out. I guess a lot of people thought that is not the same to have the queen because they have bought for her, than have the queen because their family colonised that part of the world.

The results don´t surprise me, after all, most of the voters are from european families...they even sing in eurovision!!!!

anyways, I wish we had the opportunity to have a referendum.I´m sure the monarchy would continue, but at least because people have decided that, not because Franco decided that.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lolo said:

Yes, that’s what I’m wondering too. Also if someone tries some act vandalism or something. I always think they would not put the real body there. 

Someone tried to run to the coffin. The police catched him within 2 seconds

On 9/15/2022 at 4:16 AM, runa said:

There's a big difference in "people know her" / "her image wasn't bad" and hugely popular.

If she was that popular, countries from the Commonwealth would not ask to leave that monarchy. Barbados, Canada, Australia, Scotland... name it. They all want to leave. 
Not what I would call hugely popular.

THAT is common sense. 

As an Australian I can confirm the Queen was hugely popular in Australia. Even amongst republicans she was well liked and respected.

5 hours ago, promise to try said:

I don´t think so, but who knows. Cher said that she knew all the people in the queue, so...

In the lead up to the meeting, Madonna was nervously practicing her curtsy with comedian John Cleese, but when the Queen had to whisper in the ear of an adviser to find out who exactly Madonna was, the popstar actually took it very well.

According to the Sun, when Madonna explained she was the singer of the theme song the monarch sounded surprised, asking: "Oh really, did you?"

Fortunately Cleese received the same treatment, her majesty asking: "And what do you do?"

All of this awkwardness left Madonna giddy and once the Queen had moved on she broke out into fits of giggles, turning to her co-stars to laugh at the awkward interactions.

You'd have to assume the Queen isn't much of a fan!

On 9/17/2022 at 10:21 PM, Michael. said:

As an Australian I can confirm the Queen was hugely popular in Australia. Even amongst republicans she was well liked and respected.

Yes,  the Queen herself was very well respected and liked in Australia.  Have heard so many hard core republicans saying that when they met her, she knew so much about Australia and had a great sense of humour.  She was the most liked and respected of all the Royal family by a country mile. 

23 hours ago, sotos8 said:

In the lead up to the meeting, Madonna was nervously practicing her curtsy with comedian John Cleese, but when the Queen had to whisper in the ear of an adviser to find out who exactly Madonna was, the popstar actually took it very well.

According to the Sun, when Madonna explained she was the singer of the theme song the monarch sounded surprised, asking: "Oh really, did you?"

Fortunately Cleese received the same treatment, her majesty asking: "And what do you do?"

All of this awkwardness left Madonna giddy and once the Queen had moved on she broke out into fits of giggles, turning to her co-stars to laugh at the awkward interactions.

I remember Halle Berry said in a radio interview about that meeting with the queen "Oh man if she doesn't know who Madonna is, there is no way in hell she'll know who I am" 

13 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Sick people. Politics turn people into monsters.

What's politics got to do with it? He could have been overcome with grief, he may have wanted to get closer to Liz, he may be mentally ill.

But there has to be something wrong with you to wait in line for 19hrs to gawk at an empty coffin anyway, so....

Just now, Kim said:

What's politics got to do with it? He could have been overcome with grief, he may have wanted to get closer to Liz, he may be mentally ill.

But there has to be something wrong with you to wait in line for 19hrs to gawk at an empty coffin anyway, so....

I don't buy this, sorry. I'm sure he was one of the anti-monarchy protesters.

2 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

I don't buy this, sorry. I'm sure he was one of the anti-monarchy protesters.

...and the guy arrested for flashing his cock, rubbing himself on others in the queue then running away and jumping in the river? Was that an anti monarchy protest too...or are there just a lot of weird people about?

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

...and the guy arrested for flashing his cock, rubbing himself on others in the queue then running away and jumping in the river? Was that an anti monarchy protest too...or are there just a lot of weird people about?

That one was sick as well. Sick, weirdos, anti-monarchy (or other forms of government). The world is full of them.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:53 PM, sotos8 said:

Madonna herself though sent The Queen an invitation to all her tours when she brought them here to the U.K.

The palace always of course turned the invitations down.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Michael. said:

I’d always been given that impression.

Regardless of who likes her, loves her, hates her or dislikes her, tomorrow’s funeral is set to be the most watched TV event in history with 4.1 billion people watching the state funeral.

29 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Madonna herself though sent The Queen an invitation to all her tours when she brought them here to the U.K.

The palace always of course turned the invitations down.

It would have been interesting to see the Queen attending The Girlie Show :lmao:

queen-elizabeth-gif-2.gif

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

So today she’s buried? This seems a lifetime. 

yes, in a couple of hours! and everybody is going to be there! there should have invited Putin too, and the korean one, and the one from venezuela...the funeral with a thousand stars! I wonder what the security people are thinking at this moment.Because everybody is there, even the former king of spain, the whore lover-money keeper

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

So today she’s buried? This seems a lifetime. 

Yeah but still one more week of govt not sitting and fuck all being done about the looming recession, energy crisis,  pound at 37yr low, worst inflation in G7, - back to being  the sick man of Europe...

...but y'know, "most watched TV event ever" *waves flag* 

26 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yeah but still one more week of govt not sitting and fuck all being done about the looming recession, energy crisis,  pound at 37yr low, worst inflation in G7, - back to being  the sick man of Europe...

...but y'know, "most watched TV event ever" *waves flag* 

Unfortunately, Queens death or not none of the those things will have an optimistic outcome as long as there’s a Tory government in charge.

You and I both know this.