Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

2 minutes ago, Lolo said:

The monarchy had trouble to maintain its status in the 20th century, where they started with full conviction and support. No way they can pull this off this time when it’s already so destabilized and shaking at the beginning. 

If anything, the looming recession, cost of living crisis, people being stripped to the bone financially....all while some fucking grotesque coronation takes place next year, might just mobilize people.

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I mostly think the coffin is empty. It’s so weird to drag a real body around town. 

i think so. Not to mention that it would start to smell from being in the sun for hours each day.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Haha I’m not a bootlicker I’m not saying everyone loves them in some ways they are decisive people, but William and Catherine have always had high approval ratings. Charles and Camilla haven’t but they have along with the Queen.

So the 2 million people going to London this week to pay respects is delusion? That’s not just PR. The monarchy is held in affection with the British public, not all I’m not stating that but certainly enough to keep them there. 

I've already said it's not ending anytime soon. England's already an international pariah, if it loses it's ridiculous monarchy and traditions then it's really got no identity left.

And do not confuse people paying their respects to the dead (half of them tourists, and as the Scots did in respectful silence unlike the wailing and clapping in London) with strength of feeling on the monarchy.

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

i think so. Not to mention that it would start to smell from being in the sun for hours each day.

I mean, it'll have been somewhat embalmed of course. Makes more sense to cheer it through the streets than stick it on a helicopter.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I've already said it's not ending anytime soon. England's already an international pariah, if it loses it's ridiculous monarchy and traditions then it's really got no identity left.

And do not confuse people paying their respects to the dead (half of them tourists, and as the Scots did in respectful silence unlike the wailing and clapping in London) with strength of feeling on the monarchy.

I know you did I’m not arguing with the points you made, just pointing out that the monarchy is held enough in affection with the public to keep them there. It’s not all a PR exercise.

Look to the jubilee celebrations, the weddings of senior members when London is filled with the public and the country in all four corners celebrate.

Not everyone but enough for the monarchy in Britain to be regarded more as popular than unpopular.

😘

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

If anything, the looming recession, cost of living crisis, people being stripped to the bone financially....all while some fucking grotesque coronation takes place next year, might just mobilize people.

As long as there’s a torie government it will only get worse.

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

Theres no way Charles will be crowned in any way shape of form like the Queen was. It will be a massively modernised ceremony he’s not stupid that kind of event won’t stick in 2023 like it did in 1953.

I think we will go far more like the other surviving monarchies in Europe such as the Scandinavian countries where they observe tradition without being so medieval in its involvement with it. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

That's ALL royalty is darling.

In a way but people have to accept it and embrace it for it to work.

If it doesn’t stick it doesn’t stick. And it has stuck for years and continues to do so,

Theres no way Charles will be crowned in any way shape of form like the Queen was. It will be a massively modernised ceremony he’s not stupid that kind of event won’t stick in 2023 like it did in 1953.

I think we will go far more like the other surviving monarchies in Europe such as the Scandinavian countries where they observe tradition without being so medieval in its involvement with it. 

Why would they wait untill 2023? Shouldnt he be crowned like... now?

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Uh Huh. Yesterday I would have said there was no way Chuck would allow Andy the Paedo to have any meaningful role in the royal family, then...

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

In a way but people have to accept it and embrace it for it to work.

If it doesn’t stick it doesn’t stick. And it has stuck for years and continues to do so,

Nonsense. All it took was the Mail and Telegraph to start running negative stories about Liz after Di died and suddenly the whole edifice was on the brink of collapse. Just as they control the government, they control the monarchy. The 'secret agreement' between them - access for good coverage - is legendary.

There's a reason Chuck's personal press secretary is a Daily Mail hack - the very same paper that relentlessly pillories his own son and daughter-in-law on a daily basis, that shows just how disgustingly hypocritical he/they really are.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Uh Huh. Yesterday I would have said there was no way Chuck would allow Andy the Paedo to have any meaningful role in the royal family, then...

I am shocked at this if true I find it hard to believe as he is to be traded as a private citizen now.

He actually hasn’t been appointed he’s just not corrected it yet as he was a Counsellor of State for the Queen but I think Charles understands there is no way back for him now and quite rightly so after this funeral he should disappear for good.

I think Charles will remove him from the post.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Nonsense. All it took was the Mail and Telegraph to start running negative stories about Liz after Di died and suddenly the whole edifice was on the brink of collapse. Just as they control the government, they control the monarchy. The 'secret agreement' between them - access for good coverage - is legendary.

There's a reason Chuck's personal press secretary is a Daily Mail hack - the very same paper that relentlessly pillories his own son and daughter-in-law on a daily basis, that shows just how disgustingly hypocritical he/they really are.

They did that ti take the heat off themselves after they chased Diana to death and hounded her for stories. Like her brother said it was the press who killed her in the end at her funeral.

The media certainly retain a huge influence but I don’t believe there’s this whiff of revolution in the air. I just don’t believe it personally. 

Just now, Kim said:

That's the problem with you cap-doffers!

He hasn’t changed the positions yet. The Queen only died last week once she is buried next week many things will be announced and I believe Charles will ensure Andrew has zero part to play in the royal family.

I might be wrong though. It’s my belief that’s all.

12 minutes ago, runa said:

According to whom ?

Many tributes from people the world over and the places she travelled. She hasn’t had tomato’s thrown at her in the last 70 years.

Im not a monarchist, I don’t believe anyone is born better but the monarchy does have its supporters. I think that people who are hugely against the monarchy assume that position for the majority. 

Just now, Confessit said:

...there’s this whiff of revolution in the air. I just don’t believe it personally. 

No, but nor are they very popular outwith the suburbs of middle England. It's just a fact.

Oh and then there's the 'Prince of Wales' crap. Rightly causing a furore in Wales that (yet again) some English twit that doesn't even live there gets a title that was only ever created to humiliate them. Abolishing THAT would have been a good first 'modernising' step, no?

1 minute ago, Kim said:

No, but nor are they very popular outwith the suburbs of middle England. It's just a fact.

Oh and then there's the 'Prince of Wales' crap. Rightly causing a furore in Wales that (yet again) some English twit that doesn't even live there gets a title that was only ever created to humiliate them. Abolishing THAT would have been a good first 'modernising' step, no?

Diana never lived there ever but everyone loved the fact she had the title Princess of Wales…..

just something to ponder. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Says WHO? 

@funkydita come out of your hibernation right now!

I can’t speak for the Welsh but there were many welsh people who adored her having the title Princess of Wales when she was alive and in death. I’ve seen them talk about her many Welsh business came out and loved the fact she was Princess of their country, perhaps it was the currency boost having someone so loved be associated with the country.

Again, not everyone.

This man seems more like a ticking time bomb than a savvy strategic thinker, it's just a matter of time until there are more sacks of cash from sheikhs, letters to elected politicians telling them what to do, and "serve me, peasants" candid camera moments. Ready the popcorn.

I can’t speak for the Welsh but there were many welsh people who adored her having the title Princess of Wales when she was alive and in death. I’ve seen them talk about her many Welsh business came out and loved the fact she was Princess of their country, perhaps it was the currency boost having someone so loved be associated with the country.

Again, not everyone.

(some) people loved DIANA. She could have been Princess of Blackpool for all they cared.

That title was created to humiliate the Welsh people and keep them subjugated. It should be abolished - simple!

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

(some) people loved DIANA. She could have been Princess of Blackpool for all they cared.

That title was created to humiliate the Welsh people and keep them subjugated. It should be abolished - simple!

In the end she could of been yes I agree with your perspectives.

I don’t really think it represents that now though, do you? But feelings are feelings and if that’s how some feel today about the title that’s up to them.