Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

The thing I’ve always wondered when I was a journalist is WHY covering hours and hours for these events when the majority of people are already fed up the first day. I remember when the Pope John Paul II died and we dedicated like a zillion pages for several days and day 3 or 4 I had to write HALF A PAGE about the street John Paul II in my city. Half page about THE STREET :lmao:

C'mon...I think for someone who was a well-known and also important figure for almost a century it's appropriate to make the death big news. She is part of the collective memory. Same can be said about John Paul II. Also it's refreshing in times of trillions of internet bubbles and alternative realities to have something that kinda unifies

Edited by lex92

1 hour ago, lex92 said:

C'mon...I think for someone who was a well-known and also important figure for almost a century it's appropriate to make the death big news. She is part of the collective memory. Same can be said about John Paul II. Also it's refreshing in times of trillions of internet bubbles and alternative realities to have something that kinda unifies

Eh? The day of her death and day of her funeral is fine, but to have blanket coverage non stop for days on end is ridiculous, and no, it's not unifying when dealing with extremely polarizing figures like popes and queens.

You strike me as one of those bootlicking cap doffers standing outside wailing about some old bird who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

I grew up always hearing what an awful woman she is along with the monarchy. My dad taught me well. When I was maybe 15, I said something negative about queen elizabeth on madonnalicious, and got attacked by either a mod or member with a ton of posts/popularity there, saying "she's an amazing woman! how dare you?" :lmao: I was so shocked with how defensive some people can be about the monarchy. this isn't a matter of liking a musician or a movie star for their work.. it's the epitome of nepotism, where a select few just happened to be born in all the wealth (and some power). why would you worship something like this? i can understand being fascinated, but not "liking" these people

oh, and the same goes for diana, whom is a favorite on twitter. why do they act like she was an outsider? she was the chosen "perfect princess" for charles, because she had stronger "blue blood" than camilla. she's not much different than anyone else in that family. if she were alive today, i'm sure she wouldn't be so liked 🤨

Don't forget these people colonized and exploited whenever they went for they own benefit. Yemen, India, Africa.. It's nice to romanticise the English Empire without paying attention to the damage and the explotation they did...

Gosh. Whataboutism...She is not really polarizing. She had a high approval. Woke 20 somethings who want her to be the white witch who suppressed all those poor people in the states of the Empire don't count for me. Rubbish. The Commonwealth is not the Empire, she did nothing but serving britain and administer those states. I also don't get the point that the britisch monarchy is wealthy for nothing... Many of their belongings actually belong to the state and living a life of having to be in the public eye 24/7 is not really cool. No personal freedom at all. That woman literally died two days after her last working day...Plus the monarchy has a advantage: It can give the people a sense of stability and community. A real advantage these days.

Edited by lex92

1 hour ago, lex92 said:

Gosh. Whataboutism...She is not really polarizing. She had a high approval. Woke 20 somethings who want her to be the white witch who suppressed all those poor people in the states of the Empire don't count for me. Rubbish. The Commonwealth is not the Empire, she did nothing but serving britain and administer those states. I also don't get the point that the britisch monarchy is wealthy for nothing... Many of their belongings actually belong to the state and living a life of having to be in the public eye 24/7 is not really cool. No personal freedom at all. That woman literally died two days after her last working day...Plus the monarchy has a advantage: It can give the people a sense of stability and community. A real advantage these days.

while Im no fan of the monarchy, those pseudo woke people on twitter are the worst. these are the same people who shared those "cute" gifs of queen elizabeth's 70th jubilee, or said trump should have respect for "classy" elizabeth when he walked in front of her for a second. fuck those hypocrites. 

they're spreading a ton of misinformation as well, only to get attention for themselves. if they truly cared as much as they pretend to online, they'd be doing charity work or community service instead of trying to get hit tweets. there's so many sheep online. always repeating the same stuff without doing any research. 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

while Im no fan of the monarchy, those pseudo woke people on twitter are the worst. these are the same people who shared those "cute" gifs of queen elizabeth's 70th jubilee, or said trump should have respect for "classy" elizabeth when he walked in front of her for a second. fuck those hypocrites. 

they're spreading a ton of misinformation as well, only to get attention for themselves. if they truly cared as much as they pretend to online, they'd be doing charity work or community service instead of trying to get hit tweets. there's so many sheep online. always repeating the same stuff without doing any research. 

Please don't fall for these people using the word "woke" to garner a reaction.

Old jug ears we're now meant to call 'king' (even just writing that feels so stupid in the 21st century) was just a few weeks ago caught accepting literal suitcases of hard cash from the Saudis (for reasons still unknown) Corrupt to the core the lot of them. Cities up and down GB and Ireland are letting off fireworks in celbration of Liz croaking it.. but you won't see that on the fucking news funnily enough. 

Whathisface up there who clearly has no idea what he's talking about is just being his usual contrary self that he is in the Madonna section. He'll be ranting about Meghan Markle next. Best ignored.

14 hours ago, Kim said:

Oh and I take it back, we are gettin a holiday. Hooray!

12 hours ago, runa said:

You are more lucky than us, poor Canadians. We only get to see her face on our 20$ bills, nothing else, :lol:

Australia is getting a national public holiday 😀

9 hours ago, lex92 said:

:rotfl:

8 hours ago, Kim said:

Old jug ears we're now meant to call 'king' (even just writing that feels so stupid in the 21st century) was just a few weeks ago caught accepting literal suitcases of hard cash from the Saudis (for reasons still unknown) Corrupt to the core the lot of them. Cities up and down GB and Ireland are letting off fireworks in celbration of Liz croaking it.. but you won't see that on the fucking news funnily enough. 

Whathisface up there who clearly has no idea what he's talking about is just being his usual contrary self that he is in the Madonna section. He'll be ranting about Meghan Markle next. Best ignored.

Of course I know what I'm talking about and I think my points are valid. The weird and misanthropic stuff you text on here regularily I don't get though.

14 hours ago, lex92 said:

Coverage is one thing but HOURS AND HOURS is another. It all started with 11 September and since then it happens all the time: over saturation in the news. Then you have later articles in the same media saying “How the news coverage affects you and how can you escape” :lmao:

11 hours ago, lex92 said:

Omg :lmao:

Everything is so WRONG in this post that I wouldn’t know where to start. 

42 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I wonde which is the song that is going to be chosen as "her song" and it´s going to be sounding everywhere for the rest of the year...Tiny dancer?

Something about dogs and not giving a damn about your family in private. Maybe 

45 minutes ago, promise to try said:

and how come charles III is so cunty about the pens on the table? and what happens with his hands?

I think this C-III era is going to last less than a gaga tour

Omg I am surprised at how incredibly accurate his portrayal in The Windsors is. Even the voice! Until now I had barely hear him speaking. 

9 hours ago, Kim said:

Will do👍

51 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I wonde which is the song that is going to be chosen as "her song" and it´s going to be sounding everywhere for the rest of the year...Tiny dancer?

that's actually the first thing i thought of :chuckle: elton has probably been "campaigning" to perform at her funeral for years like the leech he is.

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

that's actually the first thing i thought of :chuckle: elton has probably been "campaigning" to perform at her funeral for years like the leech he is.

And a certain Australian singer will surely be sitting at the phone crossing her fingers 

13 hours ago, Nikki said:

Gotta love all the Windsors pedophile memes from the crowd that still worships MJ. Hypocrites indeed. They can all suck Harry’s HJ fanboy cock. The way they pretend one party of parasites has the moral high ground over the other! Ridiculous. Same with the Diana fan crowd. Delusional. 

3 hours ago, lex92 said:

Of course I know what I'm talking about and I think my points are valid. The weird and misanthropic stuff you text on here regularily I don't get though.

Misanthropic? (LOL) Only to and about little cunts like yourself. You're not half getting ratioed in this thread... probably be better off staying in the Madonna section braying about her not singing You'll See in a sparkly ballgown.

4 hours ago, promise to try said:

and how come charles III is so cunty about the pens on the table? and what happens with his hands?

I think this C-III era is going to last less than a gaga tour

You don't expect one to move things oneself do you? Apparently he even refuses to put toothpaste on his brush himself and the paedo brother screams at staff if they disturb his teddy bear collection he keeps on his bed....and I'm not even joking. Perfectly normal sons old Liz raised!

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

You don't expect one to move things oneself do you? Apparently he even refuses to put toothpaste on his brush himself and the paedo brother screams at staff if they disturb his teddy bear collection he keeps on his bed....and I'm not even joking. Perfectly normal sons old Liz raised!

but at least screams when the cameras are not there...the next couple of years are going to be great for the republicans of the world.

By the way, do you think she chose Scotland to die? I bet she did.

OK; Apparently these were her favourite songs:

• 'Oklahoma!' – Howard Keel
  • 'Anything You Can Do (I Can Do Better)' – Dolores Gray and Bill Johnson
  • 'Sing' – Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band featuring the Military Wives
  • 'Cheek to Cheek' – Fred Astaire
  • 'The White Cliffs Of Dover' – Vera Lynn
  • 'Leaning on a Lamp-post' – George Formby
  • 'Praise, My Soul, The King Of Heaven' (hymn)
  • 'The Lord is My Shepherd' (hymn)
  • 'Lester Lanin Medley'
  • 'Regimental March Milanollo'

So Gary Barlow´s Sing will be next weeks ´number 1? because I can´t imagine it being something that says" Heaveeen, I´m in heaveeen"

1 minute ago, promise to try said:

By the way, do you think she chose Scotland to die? I bet she did.

Well she did have an affection for Scotland (she actually has more lineage to the Scottish throne than the English via the Stuarts) but i can't say the feeling was all that reciprocated as it's the most republican of the UK nations.

As for Charlie, quite telling that he makes such a faux pas only hours into the job - "never explain, never complain" was old Liz's mantra  Chuck should take note.