Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

2 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I have the feeling the tv series, The Crown, has helped a lot to make her  more loved by people that simply didn´t care about her or didn´t like her because of the way she treated Lady Di. Of course, the ones that loved her, loved her already

That's the view from Spain is it? :chuckle:

Clearly on her deathbed though. Meets Liz Truss then dies days later - quite poetic really.

2 minutes ago, promise to try said:

depending on who do you ask. The pro monarchy people loved her before the tv show, and love her now. The rest...the show has made her more popular

Didn't some of the royals have to shut off comments on social media because of the abuse they got after the last season? I'm not sure the portrayal of Liz as cold and emotionless outwith her love of horses endeared her to many people.

The next season with Di's death should be interesting - I wonder if they'll change/sanitize anything if Liz does cark it...

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

depending on who do you ask. The pro monarchy people loved her before the tv show, and love her now. The rest...the show has made her more popular

I’m not sure we love her. I think we are curious because we don’t have to suffer them. Spanish views on the monarchy have changed so dramatically in recent years that I’m sure a lot of people see her as a relic just like the Big Ben. 

It feels the end of an era. Most people have born and grew up with this woman always there. I wonder what will many citizens of the UK feel. Because with times so uncertain they will feel kinda lost. I don’t know if I explain myself.

The thing is that we may see in tv series her “influence” in politics during the last years of the British empire but it’s incredible how IRRELEVANT these royal families are! All the mess in uk in the last 12 years and the state of the country in such a mess and she couldn’t do anything even if she wanted to. So then why the fuck we have these royal families??????? It’s so absurd! 

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The thing is that we may see in tv series her “influence” in politics during the last years of the British empire but it’s incredible how IRRELEVANT these royal families are! All the mess in uk in the last 12 years and the state of the country in such a mess and she couldn’t do anything even if she wanted to. So then why the fuck we have these royal families??????? It’s so absurd! 

Surely ur not suggesting that inbred lot should have a say in anything.

11 minutes ago, acko said:

Surely ur not suggesting that inbred lot should have a say in anything.

No on the contrary. They belong to the past and it’s so incredibly evident that I’m amazed that people still clap theses leeches. The Spanish royal family is the WORST.

She led a long and dutiful life. It blows my mind when I think of all the major historical and cultural figures she met throughout her 70 year reign. Can you imagine the stories she must've had? Whilst I do think a monarchy is an outdated institution in the 21st century,Elizabeth served her country well. Never complained and never explained,just got on with her duty. For that I think she deserves some respect. 

Wow, people on social media are vile. I know she wasn’t popular, especially since the Harry & Megan crisis, but I’m a little shocked at how unhinged people act in their ‘joyful celebration’ of someone’s death. 

11 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Should we expect a new Candle In the Wind version?

I bet they are choosing "the song" that will be remembered with her. I don´t think will be Candle in the wind.But I bet elton is already changing lyrics of one of his classics.

8 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Wow, people on social media are vile. I know she wasn’t popular, especially since the Harry & Megan crisis, but I’m a little shocked at how unhinged people act in their ‘joyful celebration’ of someone’s death. 

well, it happened with tacther and The Witch is dead too

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

this reminds me of the passing of the pope John Paul 2nd, a person that had been there all my life, and that I didn´t give a shit about, but his passing and everything that surrounded him was very interesting

and yes, both cases made/make me sad. I mean, is like when they close a store that has been in my town all my life, even when it´s been ages since I have bought something there.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

in their case, I think they/she  attracked tourism to London. In the Spanish case...I still don´´t know it. The king is a huge cunt

She was kind of lovable, if stiff. She was what she was and what her people let her be. XXI century monarchies... we are so stupid (said by one living in that feudal, if "updated", system-Spain). May she rest in the same peace thousands of deceased, today or tomorrow, should

I am not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but I did have admiration for the Queen.  She did her job as a monarch for 70 years without any overblown hysterics or victim playing - unlike so many other celebrities and leaders.  When it come to the role she took on,  she did it perfectly for 70 years.   I have read so many Australian celebrities etc who met her,  who were republicans but all said how switched on, informed and welcoming she was.  I don't admire the royal family but I did have admiration for the Queen.  

7 hours ago, Kim said:

That's the view from Spain is it? :chuckle:

Clearly on her deathbed though. Meets Liz Truss then dies days later - quite poetic really.

I wonder what she thought of Liz Truss !  The Queen was not a stupid woman and I think she probably would be wondering how Boris and Liz become Prime ministers.   She did not like Margaret Thatcher ( liked that about her )