Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York

MadFan

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-author-salman-rushdie-attacked-on-lecture-stage-in-new-york-2/

BHWX6U2GO5JCDEEL6UER4ONEG4.jpg

Salman Rushdie, the author whose writing led to death threats from Iran in the 1980s, was attacked and apparently stabbed in the neck Friday by a man who rushed the stage as he was about to give a lecture in western New York.

A bloodied Rushdie, 75, was flown to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known. His agent, Andrew Wylie, said the writer was undergoing surgery, but he had no other details.

An Associated Press reporter witnessed a man confront Rushdie on stage at the Chautauqua Institution and punch or stab him 10 to 15 times as he was being introduced. The author was pushed or fell to the floor, and the man was arrested.

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on Salman is doing?

Also what happened to the idiot that did this?

It's funny about the fatwa, loads of people went crazy about it, without even reading what was written.

The guy who did this attack, has not only messed up his life, has made it worse for loads of Muslims who want to live in peace.

I respect people whose views differ to mine, lots of people find religon helpful, carming. but make me just want to watch

Monty Phytons Life of Brian, what a brilliant movie.