More than 30 migrants dead in Spain Morocco fence

This happened on Friday and I can’t get it out of my mind. Hundreds of migrants from Sudan, fleeing from war and violence, tried to jump the fence between Morocco and the Spanish city of Melilla (an enclave in Morocco coast belonging to Spain for 500 years). There was such avalanche that more than 30 died asfíxiated. 

I have no words. The brutality of Moroccan police during the situation, the complicity of Spanish authorities not condemning the tragedy, the absolute hypocrisy of all of us greeting white refugees and blocking black refugees… 

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

This happened on Friday and I can’t get it out of my mind. Hundreds of migrants from Sudan, fleeing from war and violence, tried to jump the fence between Morocco and the Spanish city of Melilla (an enclave in Morocco coast belonging to Spain for 500 years). There was such avalanche that more than 30 died asfíxiated. 

I have no words. The brutality of Moroccan police during the situation, the complicity of Spanish authorities not condemning the tragedy, the absolute hypocrisy of all of us greeting white refugees and blocking black refugees… 

Amen

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And it didn’t make major news internationally. Which really says it all.

I know. So sad to say that the first I had heard of this was through reading this thread 😢 This should have been a major news story.