Jump to content

Australia Votes 21 May


Recommended Posts

Congrats to all the Aussie's!! 😁 Fab. pleasant surprise to see this! 🚽 Morrison. Lol

Pray (between your great results & the recent French election) sanity is trying to become a thing again worldwide. And all a backlash to the bat sh!t far right victories in 2016 (Brexit/RUmp) etc.. Only recent disappointment was Hungary but thrilled AU came through!!

US is just getting more bonkkkers in real time so hoping the upcoming midterms end up a pleasant Australian like surprise! (voting *against far right Q crazed extremes) vs 'excitement' about Biden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Congrats to all the Aussie's!! 😁 Fab. pleasant surprise to see this! 🚽 Morrison. Lol

Pray (between your great results & the recent French election) sanity is trying to become a thing again worldwide. And all a backlash to the bat sh!t far right victories in 2016 (Brexit/RUmp) etc.. Only recent disappointment was Hungary but thrilled AU came through!!

US is just getting more bonkkkers in real time so hoping the upcoming midterms end up a pleasant Australian like surprise! (voting *against far right Q crazed extremes) vs 'excitement' about Biden.

Yes, hope this result is the start of the end of the far right taking over parties worldwide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, hope this result is the start of the end of the far right taking over parties worldwide. 

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

Yesterday’s result proved otherwise.  Great result. Remember too, Labor is in power in the majority of states. Most state governments are Labor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

Yesterday’s result proved otherwise.  Great result. Remember too, Labor is in power in the majority of states. Most state governments are Labor. 

That’s true. The only thing I’m worried about is the extra vaccine mandate with labour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

Well, they don't hate Labor, but they don't unanimously love them either. They haven't gained much this election. The liberal party just lost so spectacularly which was mostly gained by the greens and independents. And I'm glad it has worked out this way. Had Labor been more aggressive on climate change and tax reform, I think that would have scared enough liberal voters to stick with the LNP. Having independents that are aggressive on climate change keeps Labor out of it, preserving their position, but will still ensure better action is taken. It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

I think these are just the loud minority. The Scomo win in 2019 was hanging by a thread. The bushfires and COVID sealed the deal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, San said:

Well, they don't hate Labor, but they don't unanimously love them either. They haven't gained much this election. The liberal party just lost so spectacularly which was mostly gained by the greens and independents. And I'm glad it has worked out this way. Had Labor been more aggressive on climate change and tax reform, I think that would have scared enough liberal voters to stick with the LNP. Having independents that are aggressive on climate change keeps Labor out of it, preserving their position, but will still ensure better action is taken. It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

Bring back Gladys and make her PM of Australia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulation to Ozzies.

Hope the new PM will focus on OZ's interest and ppl's need instead of trying to please USA and compromise itself, making OZ feels like USA's 52nd state (UK being 51st state).

Also, leave nuclear off OZ!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, San said:

 It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

The even better news is that they are going with Dutton as leader. That will mean they stay in opposition for many many more years. Even losing the election they don't seem to have learnt any lesson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Paul said:

The even better news is that they are going with Dutton as leader. That will mean they stay in opposition for many many more years. Even losing the election they don't seem to have learnt any lesson.

Yeah but watch the media start to rehabilitate his image so that he's a kind hearted family man who loves puppies and the footy. The Guardian of all newspapers (!) has already started this morning with an article mentioning his "his more compassionate side" where his colleagues paint him as a friend of the poor. 🤮 https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-next-liberal-leader-amid-fight-over-future-of-the-party

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Yeah but watch the media start to rehabilitate his image so that he's a kind hearted family man who loves puppies and the footy. The Guardian of all newspapers (!) has already started this morning with an article mentioning his "his more compassionate side" where his colleagues paint him as a friend of the poor. 🤮 https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-next-liberal-leader-amid-fight-over-future-of-the-party

Good luck with that! They will certainly try, but he is too evil for it to be successful. Plus a Federal ICAC is gonna bring him down on a number of fronts....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, San said:

Well, they don't hate Labor, but they don't unanimously love them either. They haven't gained much this election. The liberal party just lost so spectacularly which was mostly gained by the greens and independents. And I'm glad it has worked out this way. Had Labor been more aggressive on climate change and tax reform, I think that would have scared enough liberal voters to stick with the LNP. Having independents that are aggressive on climate change keeps Labor out of it, preserving their position, but will still ensure better action is taken. It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

Agree with your every word. The independents - teal independents who are mainly moderate female Lib voters horrified at how right wing, misogynistic and anti climate change the current libs are - are doing all the necessary work that Labor wanted to do . Some liberals would never vote Labor so these independents are fantastic for turning people away from the government. Great result for Australia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Yeah but watch the media start to rehabilitate his image so that he's a kind hearted family man who loves puppies and the footy. The Guardian of all newspapers (!) has already started this morning with an article mentioning his "his more compassionate side" where his colleagues paint him as a friend of the poor. 🤮 https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-next-liberal-leader-amid-fight-over-future-of-the-party

 

3 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

Good luck with that! They will certainly try, but he is too evil for it to be successful. Plus a Federal ICAC is gonna bring him down on a number of fronts....

The Libs are crazy if they think Peter Dutton will bring people back to them.  He is one of the reasons so many Lib supporters turned away from them in disgust.  They need to get away from the far right, not put more of them into power.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

 

The Libs are crazy if they think Peter Dutton will bring people back to them.  He is one of the reasons so many Lib supporters turned away from them in disgust.  They need to get away from the far right, not put more of them into power.  

I hope they do...and bury themselves in the process!

Fools :rotfl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, San said:

I hope they do...and bury themselves in the process!

Fools :rotfl:

I know :rotfl:

I usually would rather watch paint dry then turn on Sky after dark but did briefly the other night.  It was delicious seeing those crazy right wing Murdoch puppets so angry and shocked.  Same with the Herald Scum in Melbourne.  They will never learn.  Their childish insults about latte drinking lefties in Melbourne and bored wives ( when the female candidates were professional women and Doctors themselves ) were hilarious.  These so called lefties who swung the seats from the right wingers were in safe Liberal seats and were former Liberal voters.  They told the government time and time again they wanted action on climate change, women's rights and were horrified at how right wing and sexist they had become.  Instead the government kept pushing further to the right and Morrison giving a "captain's pick"  to a rampant anti trans campaigner.   Making Dutton leader will just make matters worse.  He is more right wing than even Morrison.  Hope they stay in opposition for years.  We just know Murdoch will be plotting away in how to change people's minds but thank goodness Australians everywhere are completely awake to how he operates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...