Australia Votes 21 May

Congrats to all the Aussie's!! 😁 Fab. pleasant surprise to see this! 🚽 Morrison. Lol

Pray (between your great results & the recent French election) sanity is trying to become a thing again worldwide. And all a backlash to the bat sh!t far right victories in 2016 (Brexit/RUmp) etc.. Only recent disappointment was Hungary but thrilled AU came through!!

US is just getting more bonkkkers in real time so hoping the upcoming midterms end up a pleasant Australian like surprise! (voting *against far right Q crazed extremes) vs 'excitement' about Biden.

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Congrats to all the Aussie's!! 😁 Fab. pleasant surprise to see this! 🚽 Morrison. Lol

Pray (between your great results & the recent French election) sanity is trying to become a thing again worldwide. And all a backlash to the bat sh!t far right victories in 2016 (Brexit/RUmp) etc.. Only recent disappointment was Hungary but thrilled AU came through!!

US is just getting more bonkkkers in real time so hoping the upcoming midterms end up a pleasant Australian like surprise! (voting *against far right Q crazed extremes) vs 'excitement' about Biden.

Yes, hope this result is the start of the end of the far right taking over parties worldwide. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, hope this result is the start of the end of the far right taking over parties worldwide. 

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

35 minutes ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Why do so many Australians hate labour?? I don’t understand. I’m talking about the general voters as well. Do they only want a government that favours the mega rich?

Yesterday’s result proved otherwise.  Great result. Remember too, Labor is in power in the majority of states. Most state governments are Labor. 

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

Yesterday’s result proved otherwise.  Great result. Remember too, Labor is in power in the majority of states. Most state governments are Labor. 

That’s true. The only thing I’m worried about is the extra vaccine mandate with labour. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Well, they don't hate Labor, but they don't unanimously love them either. They haven't gained much this election. The liberal party just lost so spectacularly which was mostly gained by the greens and independents. And I'm glad it has worked out this way. Had Labor been more aggressive on climate change and tax reform, I think that would have scared enough liberal voters to stick with the LNP. Having independents that are aggressive on climate change keeps Labor out of it, preserving their position, but will still ensure better action is taken. It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

1 hour ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

I think these are just the loud minority. The Scomo win in 2019 was hanging by a thread. The bushfires and COVID sealed the deal!

55 minutes ago, San said:

Well, they don't hate Labor, but they don't unanimously love them either. They haven't gained much this election. The liberal party just lost so spectacularly which was mostly gained by the greens and independents. And I'm glad it has worked out this way. Had Labor been more aggressive on climate change and tax reform, I think that would have scared enough liberal voters to stick with the LNP. Having independents that are aggressive on climate change keeps Labor out of it, preserving their position, but will still ensure better action is taken. It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

Bring back Gladys and make her PM of Australia. 

Congratulation to Ozzies.

Hope the new PM will focus on OZ's interest and ppl's need instead of trying to please USA and compromise itself, making OZ feels like USA's 52nd state (UK being 51st state).

Also, leave nuclear off OZ!

7 hours ago, San said:

It will be as if the LNP don't exist the next few years. It's great.

The even better news is that they are going with Dutton as leader. That will mean they stay in opposition for many many more years. Even losing the election they don't seem to have learnt any lesson.

9 hours ago, Paul said:

The even better news is that they are going with Dutton as leader. That will mean they stay in opposition for many many more years. Even losing the election they don't seem to have learnt any lesson.

Yeah but watch the media start to rehabilitate his image so that he's a kind hearted family man who loves puppies and the footy. The Guardian of all newspapers (!) has already started this morning with an article mentioning his "his more compassionate side" where his colleagues paint him as a friend of the poor. 🤮 https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-next-liberal-leader-amid-fight-over-future-of-the-party

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Yeah but watch the media start to rehabilitate his image so that he's a kind hearted family man who loves puppies and the footy. The Guardian of all newspapers (!) has already started this morning with an article mentioning his "his more compassionate side" where his colleagues paint him as a friend of the poor. 🤮 https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/22/peter-dutton-firms-as-next-liberal-leader-amid-fight-over-future-of-the-party

Good luck with that! They will certainly try, but he is too evil for it to be successful. Plus a Federal ICAC is gonna bring him down on a number of fronts....

On 5/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, San said:

Agree with your every word. The independents - teal independents who are mainly moderate female Lib voters horrified at how right wing, misogynistic and anti climate change the current libs are - are doing all the necessary work that Labor wanted to do . Some liberals would never vote Labor so these independents are fantastic for turning people away from the government. Great result for Australia. 

6 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

3 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

Good luck with that! They will certainly try, but he is too evil for it to be successful. Plus a Federal ICAC is gonna bring him down on a number of fronts....

The Libs are crazy if they think Peter Dutton will bring people back to them.  He is one of the reasons so many Lib supporters turned away from them in disgust.  They need to get away from the far right, not put more of them into power.  

On 5/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

The Libs are crazy if they think Peter Dutton will bring people back to them.  He is one of the reasons so many Lib supporters turned away from them in disgust.  They need to get away from the far right, not put more of them into power.  

I hope they do...and bury themselves in the process!

Fools :rotfl:

On 5/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, San said:

I hope they do...and bury themselves in the process!

Fools :rotfl:

I know :rotfl:

I usually would rather watch paint dry then turn on Sky after dark but did briefly the other night.  It was delicious seeing those crazy right wing Murdoch puppets so angry and shocked.  Same with the Herald Scum in Melbourne.  They will never learn.  Their childish insults about latte drinking lefties in Melbourne and bored wives ( when the female candidates were professional women and Doctors themselves ) were hilarious.  These so called lefties who swung the seats from the right wingers were in safe Liberal seats and were former Liberal voters.  They told the government time and time again they wanted action on climate change, women's rights and were horrified at how right wing and sexist they had become.  Instead the government kept pushing further to the right and Morrison giving a "captain's pick"  to a rampant anti trans campaigner.   Making Dutton leader will just make matters worse.  He is more right wing than even Morrison.  Hope they stay in opposition for years.  We just know Murdoch will be plotting away in how to change people's minds but thank goodness Australians everywhere are completely awake to how he operates. 

• 6 months later...

:inlove::clap:  So proud of the state of Victoria who completely ignored one of the most vicious, nastiest and biased media campaigns ever by the Murdoch press and overwhelmingly re- elected Labor.  Murdoch's paper and sky news were relentless in their attacks on Dan Andrews and the Labor Party.  Australia now has completely rejected the conservative party in virtually every state.  NSW has their election in the new year and it suggests Labor will romp home there as well.   @San @swimtoshore @Creepy Insane Person  @Bitch I'm Christian @Leebf @cardiganstarlet @Michael. @xtaticboy82and @Paul- I bet you are all happy.  Murdoch is getting rubbished everywhere on line and his influence in Australia is truly over.   @Kim  I know too how much you detest Murdoch and this was such a great result.  Australia has become such a progressive country. 

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:inlove::clap:  So proud of the state of Victoria who completely ignored one of the most vicious, nastiest and biased media campaigns ever by the Murdoch press and overwhelmingly re- elected Labor.  Murdoch's paper and sky news were relentless in their attacks on Dan Andrews and the Labor Party.  Australia now has completely rejected the conservative party in virtually every state.  NSW has their election in the new year and it suggest Labor will romp home there as well.   @San @swimtoshore @Creepy Insane Person  @Bitch I'm Christian and @Paul- I bet you are all happy.  Murdoch is getting rubbished everywhere on line and his influence in Australia is truly over.   @Kim  I know too how much you detest Murdoch and this was such a great result.  Australia has become such a progressive country. 

That's great news Jan. Murdoch will be feeling like the impotent old bastard that he is. Can't help feeling slightly jealous that all of Oz has well and truly turned its back on the right wing. If anything, I can see the malign Murdoch influence getting even worse over here now that he's lost his grip over there.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

That's great news Jan. Murdoch will be feeling like the impotent old bastard that he is. Can't help feeling slightly jealous that all of Oz has well and truly turned it's back on the right wing. If anything, I can see the malign Murdoch influence getting even worse over here now that he's lost his grip over there.

Kim,  Murdoch is getting laughed at everywhere online and people calling him irrelevant and that he has lost all influence in Australia.  The way his papers campaigned against Labor was described as the most vicious media campaign ever seen in Australia.  I feel that decades ago, he would have succeeded with these tactics but Australians are completely awake up to him now.  It is such a great night for Victoria and Australia. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Kim,  Murdoch is getting laughed at everywhere online and people calling him irrelevant and that he has lost all influence in Australia.  The way his papers campaigned against Labor was described as the most vicious media campaign ever seen in Australia.  I feel that decades ago, he would have succeeded with these tactics but Australians are completely awake up to him now.  It is such a great night for Victoria and Australia. 

Love to see it, and such a change from just a few years ago! His vile campaign against Corbyn well and truly worked in the UK (well, England) Too many people still influenced by the media. Of course, now the Labour party is just a different shade of Tory so i can see Starmer making a pact with Murdoch prior to the next election just as Blair did.

Happy for my Aussie friends tho! xx

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What is Murdoch?

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Ha ha ha.  Despite all the headlines, vicious articles, conspiracy theories etc,  ( this photo below of awful headlines and articles in Murdoch's daily paper )  the Australian Labor party romped home.  

I am SOOOOOO happy Jan!!!

The media campaign was reprehensible - mostly led by Murdoch and Costello (who is Chairman of Nine Entertainment which owns Channel 9, The Age and The Sydney Morning-Herald - and a former Liberal party politician). But honestly even the ABC went right off it's skis worse so than at the Federal election. Almost the entire media was campaigning against the Labour government and particularly Dan Andrews. It is sickening to see

@Jazzy Jan My favourite part is how Peta Credlin and the Sky News bullshit artists all learn the same "lesson" from these defeats: that the conservatives, after being rejected for parties to the left of them on the political spectrum, need to go further to the right 😳😂

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

@Jazzy Jan My favourite part is how Peta Credlin and the Sky News bullshit artists all learn the same "lesson" from these defeats: that the conservatives, after being rejected for parties to the left of them on the political spectrum, need to go further to the right 😳😂

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:inlove::clap:  So proud of the state of Victoria who completely ignored one of the most vicious, nastiest and biased media campaigns ever by the Murdoch press and overwhelmingly re- elected Labor.  Murdoch's paper and sky news were relentless in their attacks on Dan Andrews and the Labor Party.  Australia now has completely rejected the conservative party in virtually every state.  NSW has their election in the new year and it suggests Labor will romp home there as well.   @San @swimtoshore @Creepy Insane Person  @Bitch I'm Christian @Leebf @cardiganstarlet @Michael. @xtaticboy82and @Paul- I bet you are all happy.  Murdoch is getting rubbished everywhere on line and his influence in Australia is truly over.   @Kim  I know too how much you detest Murdoch and this was such a great result.  Australia has become such a progressive country. 

Great news! I was back in Melbourne last week, made sure I voted! Its astonishing how the media was sooooooooo one-sided, and now having to make up excuses for being so out of touch with the people. Why cant they just accept that voters just dont want that rubbish.

It was actually nice to be living outside Australia and not having to listen to Australian (politics) news all the time, but when I got back to Australia, the biggest news headline was all about some car accident from years ago, than Dan was not in. The media went to any length they could to try and pull him down. Luckily the people of Victoria are (mostly) smarter than that.