Australia Votes 21 May

I think there was already a topic for this before the forum lost a few weeks of posting.

Just interested to see what the other Aussie members are thinking. Will be finally free of Morrison and 9 years of Liberal shit leadership or will the Murdoch and media propaganda and Clive Palmers fake party get the liberals over the line again?

Im excited as i live in Mackellar and we have a good independent who may actually win and boot the liberals out here who have had the seat for like 50years! 

I am getting angry at that Transphobe from Warringah she is the electorate next to mine so i have to see her face and lies every day on my way to work. Horrible woman. Thankfullyno one likes her when she is on the community i see no one take her fliers or speak to her and she has hardly any helpers where as Zalia has so many helpers and signs everywhere and lots of support.

Praying for change in government for our future and the environment and to get rid of the corrupt bastards and Murdoch monopoly.

42 minutes ago, Leebf said:

I think there was already a topic for this before the forum lost a few weeks of posting.

Just interested to see what the other Aussie members are thinking. Will be finally free of Morrison and 9 years of Liberal shit leadership or will the Murdoch and media propaganda and Clive Palmers fake party get the liberals over the line again?

Im excited as i live in Mackellar and we have a good independent who may actually win and boot the liberals out here who have had the seat for like 50years! 

I am getting angry at that Transphobe from Warringah she is the electorate next to mine so i have to see her face and lies every day on my way to work. Horrible woman. Thankfullyno one likes her when she is on the community i see no one take her fliers or speak to her and she has hardly any helpers where as Zalia has so many helpers and signs everywhere and lots of support.

Praying for change in government for our future and the environment and to get rid of the corrupt bastards and Murdoch monopoly.

I've voted already. LNP last, UAP second last.

Deves wasn't 'captain's picked' into Warringah to win that seat, Zali will win that easily. Scummo put her into that seat to dogwhistle to deeply religious people in seats like Parramatta that he is 'their guy'. He is disgusting, she is disgusting.

The extremely high volumes of pre-poll and postal vote suggest to me that the days are numbered for Scottie from Marketing.....

I really want to believe the libs are out, but I'm forever surprised by how selfishly people vote...and incorrectly so. 

The whole trans in sport 'issue' is truly disgusting and completely absurd. The power they have to actually stir up fear of something that would rarely even occur, let alone actually be a real concern to anyone is very telling.

How can the issues that truly matter escape people's attention. So much so that Labor are paralysed and are not willing to really put themselves out there in fear of scaring off voters again. And if elected, will that paralysis continue in fear of being a one term government? How can society progress if this is the state of things?

I wish that the lies in politics and propaganda could be banned and controlled. If people actually understood the truth, the libs would never be in power and we would have a much more equal and civil society.

@Leebf @swimtoshore @San  agree with everything you all wrote. 

If that lying, awful scumbag Scomo and his right wing party get in again, I will be devastated for Australia.  Murdoch and similar right wingers are doing everything to get Scomo or Smirko as I call him, over the line. The media coverage has been nothing short of disgusting and so biased. Just hoping people are not fooled by the relentless anti Labor and anti independent coverage. 

I agree re throwing tran people under the bus and trying to make a culture war like what the Republicans do in the US to win vote. Deves is doing Scummos work for him trying to get votes for those against change and equal rights etc hoping that will get him over the line.

The media is disgusting and totally one sided we readdy do need that Royal comission into Murdochs monopoly here as its become very obvious during the election that the media is now just Liberal propaganda now. I just hope they dont manage to brainwash people into voting for the Libs again who have done nothing  for the country especially in the last 3 years.

I was so pissed at the PM during the fires. He doesn't give a shit about anyone and no money has been givem to people wholes lives have been destroyed by the fires same with Lismore after the floods. I really hope he is booted and a lot of the lib main guys like Dutton and Frydenburg and the fake gay progressive Tim.

However i do sense a change is coming similar to kevin 07. No matter how hard the media trys to get people to vote libs i think people can see through the shit and want them gone.

Im just worried that clive Palmer and his preferences to the libs will scrape morrison over the line again. We cant have 3 more years of him he will ruin the country and im super worried about the at religious discrimination bill as i fear he wants to wind back rights like the USA will do once Roe v Wade is overturned.

Desperately hope that the conservatives will be shown the door but after the last election I really have low expectations for the Australian voting majority. 

And I’ve also noticed a rise in ‘friends’ advocating the more extreme right wing parties like UAP. People who have otherwise been left wing who believe all the freedom/nationalist crap that comes from these charlatans. It depresses me.

Trumpian politics (down under remix)

I have seen so many UAP posters up in people's yards - never before! It's for sure related to anti-vax/lockdown freedom seekers...which is just absurd if they think voting for them will amount to anything in that regard!

Voted yesterday. I'm unsure if Labor will get over the line. People are stupid. I feel like it'll be a Trump style win and if that's the case then we deserve every shit thing that will happen as a country.

13 hours ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Desperately hope that the conservatives will be shown the door but after the last election I really have low expectations for the Australian voting majority. 

And I’ve also noticed a rise in ‘friends’ advocating the more extreme right wing parties like UAP. People who have otherwise been left wing who believe all the freedom/nationalist crap that comes from these charlatans. It depresses me.

Trumpian politics (down under remix)

8 hours ago, San said:

I have seen so many UAP posters up in people's yards - never before! It's for sure related to anti-vax/lockdown freedom seekers...which is just absurd if they think voting for them will amount to anything in that regard!

The support now given to extreme right wing parties who are pretending to be all for freedom of speech is depressing and frightening.  It is happening world wide and is mind boggling.  What is so frustrating as well is the outright lies people are being fed - helped by conspiracy theorists and the Murdoch media.  People wanting freedom giving their support to the far right and religious groups.  For example - just look at the USA at the moment with the whole Roe v Wade supreme court scenario.  They are wanting to take cherished freedoms away but are out there preaching freedom.  I never want Australia to fall into that trap. Hopefully Morrison will be sent packing in a major way and will restore my faith in Australia staying on the progressive side. 

I know I am sounding so ageist here,  but have noticed a lot of older people sadly are incredibly influenced by Murdoch newspapers. It is what a lot mainly read, so their influence is staggering.  in comparison to them not reading social media or articles online from different ideology rather than Rupert Murdoch.   Spoke to 2 people on the phone who are over the age of 70.  Both relatives who were once staunch Labor voters. They were virtually frothing at the mouth about issues that are now being used as dog whistle tactics in the Herald Sun such as trans people in sport and the false article that said Labor was banning the word "Mother'"    They kept quoting the Herald Sun etc and their right wing writers.  It is truly frightening how Murdoch has turned the daily newspapers into right wing propaganda and also how people be so easily conned.  I just hope that his support for Scott Morrison does not influence too many to turn their backs on what they have always believed in. 

24 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

America was smart enough to dump Trump after one term. We've given THREE elections in a row to awful conservative governments! There'd better not be a fourth time lucky for them...

You know damn well that man is coming back. Even if he loses reelection he's running and his fugly mug will be everywhere. 

On 5/16/2022 at 11:37 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I know I am sounding so ageist here,  but have noticed a lot of older people sadly are incredibly influenced by Murdoch newspapers. It is what a lot mainly read, so their influence is staggering.  in comparison to them not reading social media or articles online from different ideology rather than Rupert Murdoch.   Spoke to 2 people on the phone who are over the age of 70.  Both relatives who were once staunch Labor voters. They were virtually frothing at the mouth about issues that are now being used as dog whistle tactics in the Herald Sun such as trans people in sport and the false article that said Labor was banning the word "Mother'"    They kept quoting the Herald Sun etc and their right wing writers.  It is truly frightening how Murdoch has turned the daily newspapers into right wing propaganda and also how people be so easily conned.  I just hope that his support for Scott Morrison does not influence too many to turn their backs on what they have always believed in. 

The media in this country is shocking. I cannot believe none of the mainstream media, including the ABC, in any way holds the current government to account for ANYTHING. Yet the opposition is dragged through the mud for any made up bullshit spun out of the prime ministers office and is required to cost every election commitment in excruciating detail, and if they can't answer every single question, are absolutely caned for it. The differential in how the media talks about the two major parties is staggering, and forget coverage of independents and smaller parties....

On 5/16/2022 at 11:37 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Who are you voting for? I’m gonna vote for whoever you vote for as I know it’ll be the right one

On 5/18/2022 at 3:09 PM, swimtoshore said:

The media in this country is shocking. I cannot believe none of the mainstream media, including the ABC, in any way holds the current government to account for ANYTHING. Yet the opposition is dragged through the mud for any made up bullshit spun out of the prime ministers office and is required to cost every election commitment in excruciating detail, and if they can't answer every single question, are absolutely caned for it. The differential in how the media talks about the two major parties is staggering, and forget coverage of independents and smaller parties....

It has been infuriating. So nervous for results tonight. 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:09 PM, swimtoshore said:

I completely agree, and if Labor win, expect them to be a one term government, hounded out of office by a rabid media that treat every minor thing as an earth-shaking scandal.

Labor needs to go for the jugular with the rabid right wing in Australia, starting with a royal commission into the robodebt suicides and a federal corruption investigation committee.

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I completely agree, and if Labor win, expect them to be a one term government, hounded out of office by a rabid media that treat every minor thing as an earth-shaking scandal.

Labor needs to go for the jugular with the rabid right wing in Australia, starting with a royal commission into the robodebt suicides and a federal corruption investigation committee.

The Murdoch media is out of control. Even the ABC are now full of anti Labor commentators. Those pathetic “gotcha” questions the media were throwing at Albo all the time were so unfair and deliberately biased and ridiculous. Laura Tingle ( one of the decent professional reporters ) said those asking those dreadful gotcha questions made a mockery of the media and her profession. 

Friends, Morrison is GONE! 

And surprised by South-east QUEENSLAND of all places turning Green  - guess I'm not the only one who was very spooked by the floods we had this year. 

Combined with teal climate independents making it in (fucking BYE Josh Frydenburg), Australia has FINALLY realised the urgency needed to tackle climate change.

20 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

Liberals smashed everywhere. And Scummo has resigned 

YEEESSS!

:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger: 

I am so proud to be an Australian tonight.  Labor and Greens smashed the right wing Libs. 

1 hour ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Friends, Morrison is GONE! 

And surprised by South-east QUEENSLAND of all places turning Green  - guess I'm not the only one who was very spooked by the floods we had this year. 

Combined with teal climate independents making it in (fucking BYE Josh Frydenburg), Australia has FINALLY realised the urgency needed to tackle climate change.

So happy and relieved :clap: What a fantastic night. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Kim, I am so happy and proud of Australia tonight. 

Yes! I was quite despondent with what I was reading in the run up, but so happy at the result.

Well done Aussies! Gives the rest of us some hope.

8 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I agree with this. But I do hope that enough positive change occurs that makes this stick for a little while longer 

Albo needs to assert himself with the media thugs. It will be impossible otherwise.

Yayayayaya Australia! 🥰🥳🥰🥳🥰🥳🥰🥳

Yay i am so happy the evil is defeated. Mackellar voted independent & warringah smashed that transfobe! So glad that even with the Murdoch media bias aussies saw through  the bullshit& voted the liberals out!