Twitter and Elon Musk

Camacho

On 6/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, karbatal said:

I think it’s more a USA thing? I haven’t seen a Tesla in my life 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, ULIZOS said:

Definitely.

Douchey tech bros have them in Seattle. 

They're overpriced, overhyped and I don't think they're elegant at all. They look like a really basic car with a very plastic interior, BUT they have a big screen with "cool" apps and it can (sort of) drive itself. 

They're very popular in the UK, certainly around where I live. I see them all the time now. 

I wouldn't go near them. Supposedly terrible after sales service when things go wrong. The blinds also say they do more way more with your data than they say. 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, karbatal said:

Any other European has seen a Tesla? 

You see them here in Madrid every now and then. Quite a few taxis too.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:59 PM, jonski43 said:

I wouldn't go near them. Supposedly terrible after sales service when things go wrong.

The product quality is supposed to be rather poor as well. There's a case that sorta went viral here of a car expert that got one and it had loads of small and not so small details that Tesla tried to clumsily solve with a quick fix and eventually got him to sue Tesla and win.

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. Supposedly, he got to the point of being legally bound to buy it so I'm wondering if he's just going for it hoping they won't sue him for breach of contract. 

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

This is interesting. Supposedly, he got to the point of being legally bound to buy it so I'm wondering if he's just going for it hoping they won't sue him for breach of contract. 

Speaking of which!

I suppose the SEC has a close eye on his dealings. At least I hope so. And just as all his crypto buying and selling and his announcements about it on social media, the Twitter deal looks highly suspicious from the outside. From my perspective it all looks like another attempt to manipulate the market for his personal gain. It is always the same game. He buys a large amount at a certain value, makes an announcement about it (like Tesla is going to accept Bitcoin giving the impression that Crypto is the future), all his followers (they are the worst, it's a cult) and some investors do the same. As a result the value goes up. This is the moment he sells, making a nice profit. With Twitter he did expect the price for Twitter shares would jump significantly after his take over bid (of course he bought shares for a few billlions shortly before). The problem: the market did not react the way it usually does (usually shares of a company that is supposed to be taken over jump in value significantly). Why? Because investors were never convinced in the first place? Because the deal did not make any sense from a financial point of view considering Twitters financial results over the years, struggeling to make any profit. Maybe for the first time he miscalculated and he saw this is not working out the way he thought. He is about to lose a huge amount of money. And this time real money. Keep in mind he had to sell Tesla shares to get the money for Twitter. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:45 AM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I suppose the SEC has a close eye on his dealings. At least I hope so. And just as all his crypto buying and selling and his announcements about it on social media, the Twitter deal looks highly suspicious from the outside. From my perspective it all looks like another attempt to manipulate the market for his personal gain. It is always the same game. He buys a large amount at a certain value, makes an announcement about it (like Tesla is going to accept Bitcoin giving the impression that Crypto is the future), all his followers (they are the worst, it's a cult) and some investors do the same. As a result the value goes up. This is the moment he sells, making a nice profit. With Twitter he did expect the price for Twitter shares would jump significantly after his take over bid (of course he bought shares for a few billlions shortly before). The problem: the market did not react the way it usually does (usually shares of a company that is supposed to be taken over jump in value significantly). Why? Because investors were never convinced in the first place? Because the deal did not make any sense from a financial point of view considering Twitters financial results over the years, struggeling to make any profit. Maybe for the first time he miscalculated and he saw this is not working out the way he thought. He is about to lose a huge amount of money. And this time real money. Keep in mind he had to sell Tesla shares to get the money for Twitter. 

I hope he goes bankrupt and he wakes up bald again 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I pray all become paid apps so they no longer influence mass population but only already addicted to extreme ideas. 

BTW the Brexiters laughing at the EU and celebrating Musk arrival when the UK hell started precisely because of Cambridge Analytics and Facebook spreading racist lies :rotfl:

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Ppl will pay for their addiction.

A few of them, maybe, but I don't see a mass of people doing it. 
People are so cheap these days, they refuse to pay 10 bucks a month to subscribe to Spotify... That's the "new economy".