Flashback: when the CIA and British intelligence fomented a coup in Iran

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Guest CzarnaWisnia

If anything similar were to happen nowadays, it would surely be deemed a "conspiracy", but the declassified documents did not lie. In 1953, the Iranian government was overthrown for political and financial reasons that profited the West.

Iran had (has) a huge amount of oil. The Allied forces had already invaded Iran in 1941. Deals were "made" to insure profitable oil access to Western markets. Nationalist Iranian interests later deemed these deals abusive, so they convinced the Parliament to vote for the nationalization of these resources (in 1951). Britain instigated a worldwide boycott of this oil to put pressure on the country. This boycott caused economic hardships for Iran, which in turn caused social unrest and opposition to Iranian government. Britain (Churchill) decided to overthrow Iranian government with the help of the American CIA, which hired local thugs to get the job done.

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/amanpour-and-company/video/the-hidden-story-behind-irans-coup-of-1953/

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I’m sure we all would be against the usurpers of the legitimate power if it happened now. Sadly what happens now is that Putin is killing thousands of innocent civilians 

But Iran...

4 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Name and phone number

He follows me in instagram and he calls me “my brother”. 

I will only tell more if you all publicly condemn Putin, support the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people and stop throwing blame around.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 minute ago, karbatal said:

He follows me in instagram and he calls me “my brother”. 

I will only tell more if you all publicly condemn Putin, support the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people and stop throwing blame around.

I did and do condemn Putin's invasion (though it would have likely happened with whichever leader in his place), I do support the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people (including the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people living in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions), and I am not throwing blame around but trying to understand the situation, which is more complex than "PUTLERRRRR!!!"

Guest CzarnaWisnia
On 3/15/2022 at 4:20 AM, Gaudet said:

Understanding is one thing. Pretending to condemn a dictator while not so secretely supporting far right extremism and always putting the blame on the West is another.

You're having hallucinations. Sip some hot tea and get some rest.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Gaudet said:

Understanding is one thing. Pretending to condemn a dictator while not so secretely supporting far right extremism and always putting the blame on the West is another.

That is why I didn’t tell him about the Iranian super hunk. Half assed condemn 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

I did and do condemn Putin's invasion (though it would have likely happened with whichever leader in his place), I do support the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people (including the freedom of choice of the Ukrainian people living in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions), and I am not throwing blame around but trying to understand the situation, which is more complex than "PUTLERRRRR!!!"

"THAT MIDGET" :wacko: