Queen Camilla... What do you think about this?

mtzlplk

16 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Queen Elizabeth II has spoken, Camilla will be Queen... so she is giving recognition to their her civil wedding with Charles... 

It's not a special title. She would have always been called that. Just some media trying to hype up some controversy with the Diana crowd. 

I guess Charles´will be a king after all? that´s more surprising that camille being the queen...At least this way william wont have to eat uncle andrew´s scandal

38 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I'm confused. I thought her marriage to Charles was only possible under the condition that she would never become Queen? 

Also, "Queen Camilla" sounds hardly royal. Does she have other names?

Camilla in Bulgarian means 🐪 camel. Indeed not very royally sounding name 

It is when Charles becomes King and that will either be if the Queen dies or steps away voluntarily due to ill health.  She is not replacing the Queen herself.  I think it is fair, she is Charles’s wife. Many people don’t want to accept it but she is the woman he loves and they have been married now for years.  I wonder in years to come if people will accept that their love story is true and really has stood the test of time. Unpopular opinion, but I think these two really do love each other deeply. They should of married years back before he met Diana and saved so much heartache for them both and for Diana. All 3 would of been much happier in their lives instead of living out a lie.  

On 2/7/2022 at 3:04 AM, promise to try said:

I guess Charles´will be a king after all? that´s more surprising that camille being the queen...At least this way william wont have to eat uncle andrew´s scandal

I don’t think it’s surprising at all. He is the next in line so I don’t think there was any question he’d be king. I don’t see what reason he would have to abdicate.

Also the monarch can choose a regnal name for their reign. For example Queen Elizabeth’s father was Albert but took the regnal name King Edward VII. I’ve read that it’s speculated Charles might take a regnal name as the first two Charles’ aren’t considered to be good kings. I’m not sure if Camilla can also choose a regnal name though?

Also does it really matter if she becomes Queen? Really the only people I could imagine caring are the Diana stans? 

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is when Charles becomes King and that will either be if the Queen dies or steps away voluntarily due to ill health.  She is not replacing the Queen herself.  I think it is fair, she is Charles’s wife. Many people don’t want to accept it but she is the woman he loves and they have been married now for years.  I wonder in years to come if people will accept that their love story is true and really has stood the test of time. Unpopular opinion, but I think these two really do love each other deeply. They should of married years back before he met Diana and saved so much heartache for them both and for Diana. All 3 would of been much happier in their lives instead of living out a lie.  

If The Crown is to be believed, it was that psycho Queen Mother who blocked the affair and arranged her marriage to Parker Bowles. It’s a family of emotionally challenged and I’m glad that at least Henry and Meghan have left that toxic place.

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

If The Crown is to be believed, it was that psycho Queen Mother who blocked the affair and arranged her marriage to Parker Bowles. It’s a family of emotionally challenged and I’m glad that at least Henry and Meghan have left that toxic place.

I wouldn’t say it’s Queen Mother, I would say it’s the system, though. They live in a quite rigid system and there’s nothing they could do about it. Protocol, protocol, protocol… 

And yes, it’s quite obvious Camilla is his one and only true love. After all these years, they deeply love each other and she will always stand by him. In my book, no matter what many people say, Charles is as much a victim as Diana, if not more.

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes poor Henry and Meghan. 

So sad Queen Elizabeth II don't have anyone worthy to pass the monarchy to. She handled her reign well for eight decades since the 50s... After King Charles, Prince William is next right? I think he could be a great King. Prince Harry is a mess... 

On 2/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, jonski43 said:

It's not a special title. She would have always been called that. Just some media trying to hype up some controversy with the Diana crowd. 

This.

The minute Charles becomes King Camilla becomes Queen consort. Every wife of a King in British royal history has been a Queen consort. It would take an act of parliament to change Camilla’s title/status.

I am a huge fan and admirer of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, but I don’t see how stripping Camilla of the title does anything productive for anybody. Like the Queen said in her jubilee letter, consorts are so important when being the monarch, Phillip was vital for her carrying out her duties, the Queen Mother to King George VI as well as she referenced.