Rafa Nadal

What an absolute legend! He wins this year's Australian Open, coming from 2 sets to love down and eventually winning in 5 hours 30mins. This gets him to 21 Slam wins (he has won exactly 33% of all Slams he has entered - 21 of 63)

Vamos!!

I really dislike him outside the court!!!! maybe more his followers  than hem actually...especially the followers that make everything an spanish success when it´s clearly a personal one.

He is a beast.But it´s been ages since we know that. Federer and nadal make winning sound so easy, and even going to the semifinal of one of these big masters is a huge achivement

About nadal, right now I´m more interested in his post tenis life: hopefully his brain will stop him from doing stupid things. I mean,he will be in pain the rest of his life. I don´t know if federer suffers the same, does somebody know it?

3 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

What an absolute legend! He wins this year's Australian Open, coming from 2 sets to love down and eventually winning in 5 hours 30mins. This gets him to 21 Slam wins (he has won exactly 33% of all Slams he has entered - 21 of 63)

Vamos!!

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I don’t like him much outside the court but he is truly amazing as an sportsman. I am very happy that he won. I know @Jazzy Janlikes him a lot so I’m sure she was thrilled with the match !!!!!

Was so emotional watching that match last night. What an amazing achievement. Now the record holder of having won the most grand slams. His elation was obvious and he always praises and respects his opponents.  I am going to be very tired at work today. 

@karbatal @promise to try   He always is so courteous and lovely when he is here in Australia. The Australian public adore him. I have always loved him too.  I always thought he was a National hero in Spain 😂 Until I read the comments here a few years back about him from forum members, I just presumed he was a loved icon in Spain.  

37 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@karbatal @promise to try   He always is so courteous and lovely when he is here in Australia. The Australian public adore him. I have always loved him too.  I always thought he was a National hero in Spain 😂 Until I read the comments here a few years back about him from forum members, I just presumed he was a loved icon in Spain.  

He is loved by a lot, and respected for his work for all, I think. He is right winged, and a lot of right winged people use him as an example, but it´s not his fault

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

He is a national hero. Especially among the right wing supporters. He is very beloved by ALL from all political tendencies but they are the core fans. He’s a bit ambivalent about it too.

Important is that he’s a WONDERFUL tennis player ❤️

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

He is loved by a lot, and respected for his work for all, I think. He is right winged, and a lot of right winged people use him as an example, but it´s not his fault

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

He is a national hero. Especially among the right wing supporters. He is very beloved by ALL from all political tendencies but they are the core fans. He’s a bit ambivalent about it too.

Important is that he’s a WONDERFUL tennis player ❤️

His political leanings are never published or commented on here. He just is known as an incredible tennis player and passionate polite sportsman. Australia has an absolute obnoxious brat who gets too much publicity called Nick Kyrgios. When compared to Nadal, he is an embarrassment and Nadal is such a contrast.

With Nadal, It is sad as I never would have thought of him being a right winger. 

I find Rafa to be in the middle between the very classy Fed and subtle cocky Djoko. I think Rafa made Tennis accesible to everyday people. He has got that carefree and a regular guy vibe, but not cocky. The last night's game showed true grit! I was betting for Medvedev because he is very skilled and at his prime but Rafa gave it all! I cried. Since last night, I then became a fan. 

Plus he is left handed like me!