New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

8 hours ago, Kilt said:

No, it's not gonna be Moldova. 

hopefully there´s not going to be another country invaded, but if there´s another one, I guess it´s going to be a small one, not one as big as Poland

9 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

How is this sanity? You're all romanticizing this idea of "fighting to the death". 

Ukraine standing up to Putin is wonderful and inspiring, but also if they WERE to reach a compromise (giving up more regions to Russia / agree not to join NATO / whatever) as a means to end this horrific bloodshed and destruction I wouldn't blame them one bit. 

It's so easy for all of you to say this. You don't have to "pray" for allies, you're part of NATO it will happen automatically. Ukraine is alone.

The only romanticized idea is to think Putin really wants to negotiate. THAT is what is ROMANTIC.
After 1 month of war, it’s pretty clear that’s not what he wants and he has other things in mind. His ideas of negotiations are: here is what I want, you surrender and give it to me or we’ll keep attack you. It’s all smoke and mirror.

So yes, I get why they fight for the country and stand for their beliefs.

15 hours ago, Kilt said:

On March 21 Putin had a video conference with Secretary of the Security Council Patrushev, Minister of Defence Shoigu, Chief of the General Staff Gerasimov and Director of the Federal Security Service Bortnikov.

During the discussion of the current situation at the front, the conversation turned to the losses of Russian troops and Gerasimov characterized the losses as "substantial".

Putin interrupted Gerasimov and continued saying that these losses are acceptable and it is nothing compared to the goals that will be achieved after the victory.

That is so fucked up.

I wonder what his endgame is... what are the goals that he wants to achieve? 

Does he want to annex Ukraine? Install a puppet regime there? Break it up into a pro Russia and pro West region? Does he plan on annexing other countries? WWIII?

1 hour ago, air1975 said:

That is so fucked up.

I wonder what his endgame is... what are the goals that he wants to achieve? 

Does he want to annex Ukraine? Install a puppet regime there? Break it up into a pro Russia and pro West region? Does he plan on annexing other countries? WWIII?

Yes, Thats what he wants

4 hours ago, runa said:

The only romanticized idea is to think Putin really wants to negotiate. THAT is what is ROMANTIC.
After 1 month of war, it’s pretty clear that’s not what he wants and he has other things in mind. His ideas of negotiations are: here is what I want, you surrender and give it to me or we’ll keep attack you. It’s all smoke and mirror.

Did I ever say any of this and did I ever insinuate that I do not get why they fight for their country and / or beliefs? 

Geez, I can't with you angry people.

4 hours ago, runa said:

Exactly. Putler is a bully, who demands all that he wants. The only language he understand is force.

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

I’m amazed that nobody comments on the super botoxed face of Biden. If he were a woman it would be a fest for the press 

Compared to Putin, he looks amazing.

Aeral video of yesterday peaceful march in support of Ukraine and against Russian aggression, held in Sofia, Bulgaria, late yesterday (24.03.2022). More than 10000 people are said to have attended, including me 🙂

39 minutes ago, elijah said:

Aeral video of yesterday peaceful march in support of Ukraine and against Russian aggression, held in Sofia, Bulgaria, late yesterday (24.03.2022). More than 10000 people are said to have attended, including me 🙂

That’s so beautiful ❤️

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

I’m amazed that nobody comments on the super botoxed face of Biden. If he were a woman it would be a fest for the press 

yeah my mom said the same thing. she noticed immediately..

Surely a man of Putin's experience must be aware of his fate? He HAS to know how this will end? Probably with him dead or at the very least overthrown by those around him and ousted in a coup. How can he save his (botoxed) face and present this war as a loss? How can he justify the deaths of his soldiers to the families of those men who have been killed in action? He must be aware that no democracy is going to conduct business with either him or Russia? If his end game is to win then this war will probably escalate.  I wouldn't put it past him to use biological or chemical weapons.  

On 3/21/2022 at 10:34 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

If he was a good leader, he would have realized on the first day that the ultimate principle is the preservation of life, not the preservation of land, and that there was no value in fighting a losing battle. I think he just expected NATO countries to flock to UKr.'s defence, which they were never going to do. Sending weapons and other things is for them like sending their wishes, while making a huge profit. The longer this lasts, the more innocent people will die and see their lives ruined for years.

He should go back strutting around in high heels in a music video, suits him better. His very clever writing team may be able to win a communication war, leveraging on the emotions of most of the countries the man of the year made his pleas to, but as far as actually winning the battle against Putin is concerned, that cannot be won with soundbites.

Wars are very lucrative: armaments, weapon manufacturers stocks have all gone up. Who benefits the most in warfare? Rethorical question.

Meanwhile more innocent people are displaced, exploited (human trafficking, prostitution), injured, killed, completely fucked over. For the sake of what?

On 3/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I'm not quite clear where Russia wants to go. Let's assume they "win" this war, what will happen then? It is pretty clear that Russia has become a persona non grata of the so called west. The west will not do any business with Russia anymore. What does Russia has to offer anyway except for natural gas, oil and some minerals? And all western countries that import oil and gas from Russia are shifting to other producers and push for renewables. In a few years Russia will no longer have any income from those sources. Russia will be pretty f*cked considering that gas and oil sales make up for the biggest part of the Russian household. By far. Of course, there is still China. Well, only if Russia wants to become a Chinese "colony". Russia may take a closer look at Africa and some of its nations that are already "enjoying" investment and cooperation from China. At this very moment Putin is turning Russia in a 3rd World country. 

Well, the EU signed a deal with the U.S. to get LNG supply from them, very simply put, in order to shield away from Russia's supply of gas to Europe.

Coincidence? Uncle Scrooge dollar sign eyes spring to mind!

Lot-Art | Auctions | Art of the Disney Theme Park/Storybook Art

China isn't the only good old Russia's partner. India is another big one. Neither of those two countries have openly declared their standing with Russia, but they do actually support it. Both China and India have major economic interest and trading partnerships with Russia. And to China this war is very convenient.

If you look at the countries who abstained and those who basically voted in favor of Russia a couple of weeks ago during UN council meetings, that shall give you a broad indication of who are the open and the do not so open yet cautious allies of Russia. 

In the end, the average common people, the innocents, are always the ones suffering the consequence of some big dickhead convinced that his dick is bigger than anyone else's dick, hence huge weapons use against others, ICBM threats, and all that warfare shit. 

Putin himself might be fucked over by his own people: coup. 

2 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Meanwhile more innocent people are displaced, exploited (human trafficking, prostitution), injured, killed, completely fucked over. For the sake of what?

All for the sake of Putin's ego. You are so right, it's all so very sad. I still can't believe Russia is inflicting such misery on so many people 😪

3 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Well, the EU signed a deal with the U.S. to get LNG supply from them, very simply put, in order to shield away from Russia's supply of gas to Europe.

Coincidence? Uncle Scrooge dollar sign eyes spring to mind!

Lot-Art | Auctions | Art of the Disney Theme Park/Storybook Art

China isn't the only good old Russia's partner. India is another big one. Neither of those two countries have openly declared their standing with Russia, but they do actually support it. Both China and India have major economic interest and trading partnerships with Russia. And to China this war is very convenient.

If you look at the countries who abstained and those who basically voted in favor of Russia a couple of weeks ago during UN council meetings, that shall give you a broad indication of who are the open and the do not so open yet cautious allies of Russia. 

In the end, the average common people, the innocents, are always the ones suffering the consequence of some big dickhead convinced that his dick is bigger than anyone else's dick, hence huge weapons use against others, ICBM threats, and all that warfare shit. 

Putin himself might be fucked over by his own people: coup. 

Well no matter if money or not are involved, what do you actually expect Europeans to do? To buy RU gas, which would fund the war on an independent European nation? Because some of us understand that the next one could be anyone, including an EU and NATO member. Until RU sees itself as part of Europe, no good things are coming to them (and to us hopefully in smaller amount) unfortunately. But we have no choice in the matter at least until we are sure that Putin is gone and something similar is NOT coming after him. Maybe if Navalny takes over, it could be different... This hybrid war/ this opposition towards the West must stop. Ru must accept it has no alternative to offer, compared to the West, which has somewhat soft power and accept that their biggest achievements in arts/culture/architecture are due to European influence.  

On 3/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, Gaudet said:

If the actor of the year with his offshore accounts only truly cared about his people instead of trying to drag the rest of the world in a global nuclear suicide, he would have already reached an agreement. 

7 hours ago, Gaudet said:

He should go back strutting around in high heels in a music video, suits him better. His very clever writing team may be able to win a communication war, leveraging on the emotions of most of the countries the man of the year made his pleas to, but as far as actually winning the battle against Putin is concerned, that cannot be won with soundbites.

Wars are very lucrative: armaments, weapon manufacturers stocks have all gone up. Who benefits the most in warfare? Rethorical question.

Yeah because it's that simple, just "reach an agreement". There is no reaching an agreement with Putin, his demands are beyond absurd and besides that, he can't even be trusted to follow on any signed deal!

13 hours ago, Paul Wade said:

Surely a man of Putin's experience must be aware of his fate? He HAS to know how this will end? Probably with him dead or at the very least overthrown by those around him and ousted in a coup. How can he save his (botoxed) face and present this war as a loss? How can he justify the deaths of his soldiers to the families of those men who have been killed in action? He must be aware that no democracy is going to conduct business with either him or Russia? If his end game is to win then this war will probably escalate.  I wouldn't put it past him to use biological or chemical weapons.  

He can’t. That’s what makes him now extremely dangerous. He’s embarrassing himself to the highest level and he perfectly knows that Russia is being humiliated. 

Now he says his new goal is to secure Dombas? He’s going to lose Crimea for sure too. What an incredibly bad strategist he turned out to be.