New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

The explanations from the Russian side to justify this war are getting more and more ridiculous. Now Lawrow is claiming it is meant to fight "Russiaphobia". They must be out of their minds. 

And of course, the hospital bombing in Mariupol was done by Ukrainian nationalists, not the Russian army. Do they think the international community is stupid? 

3 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Well, first of all I don't trust any political leader to their word. I believe any state leader mixes lies with the truth all the time and that whatever they publicly disclose is always meant to create an effect. I mostly find suspicious how any political figure is suddenly the object of frenzied adulation, mostly from Western people who did not know his name three weeks ago, nor, for the most part, did they know anything at all about the country he's the leader of. I see t-shirts with Zelensky posing as a Marvel super-hero, I see memes all over the internet with thousands of likes, and gushing praise on Twitter. I mean, c'mon. I bet you can find some wine mom having his face tattoed on her boob RIGHT NOW. I understand one can find him courageous and responsible, but... c'mon.

Secondly, I think any information broadcast during war time is suspicious. Motives for people's actions, etc., that's all suspicious. Thirdly, I disapprove of certain political decisions he has made before the war started, and others since, but I won't say anymore than that.

Thanks for the response. I definitely agree about wartime info (and even non-wartime news) is not always accurate. Most things have some sort of agenda or political leaning.

I have to say - the bit about the wine mom having his face tattooed on her boob is hilarious. I can totally picture it. lol

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The explanations from the Russian side to justify this war are getting more and more ridiculous. Now Lawrow is claiming it is meant to fight "Russiaphobia". They must be out of their minds. 

And of course, the hospital bombing in Mariupol was done by Ukrainian nationalists, not the Russian army. Do they think the international community is stupid? 

I agree. Their "grounds" for the "peace keeping operation" are hilarious. Not to mention the "denazification" claim easily makes them the fascists, because they will define who is a "nazi". Disgusting. I will not even mention how many articles of the UN Charter have they breached with that invasion. And from what we see each day from their fucking "operation", its obvious that the genocide and the crimes against humanity proofs keep piling up. Hopefully Putler and his clowns are greeted in the Hague soon.

26 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Zelensky himself says there must be negotiation to stop this war. Is he himself "pro-Russian"?

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/in-vice-interview-zelenskyy-says-he-believes-putin-will-eventually-negotiate-135024709767

Of course he will try to negóciate. Putin is destroying his country and killing babies and Ukraine can’t face the more powerful Russian army. What the fuck do you expect? Is there anything you find correct about Ukraine? 

Any sane person would try to stop this madness. The only insane persons are the ones invading, killing innocent civilians and destroying families. And frankly if you find that correct you are extremely sick.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Of course he will try to negóciate. Putin is destroying his country and killing babies and Ukraine can’t face the more powerful Russian army. What the fuck do you expect? Is there anything you find correct about Ukraine? 

Any sane person would try to stop this madness. The only insane persons are the ones invading, killing innocent civilians and destroying families. And frankly if you find that correct you are extremely sick.

Wow, you're just spewing complete nonsense and are totally out of line. From the beginning, I've been calling for the necessity to negotiate and cease the war as soon as possible instead of counting on counter-attacking the aggressor on the ground, and I get mocked constantly.

5 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Wow, you're just spewing complete nonsense and are totally out of line. From the beginning, I've been calling for the necessity to negotiate and cease the war as soon as possible instead of counting on counter-attacking the aggressor on the ground, and I get mocked constantly.

ooooooooh the victim card, once again, :rotfl:

18 hours ago, air1975 said:

I feel so terrible for Zelensky and the Ukranian people. They have gone through so much the last several days. 

Same here, for the Ukraine people, for all of the innocents, but definitely not for Zelensky. He should seriously negotiate with those psychotic fuckers for the sake of his own people and the rest of the world, instead of making unreasonable demands that would put us all on a suicide mission. If he really gives a shit about the children, the women, all of the people that are suffering because of this bloody conflict, he should seriously start making a historic compromise.

But no. Bla-bla-bla on a TV screen putting the blame on the West for his own shortcomings is far more important. After all, he was a comedian: it shows.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:53 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

You got that from my post? Really? Like really? I’ll be praying for you. 

I know this is old news now, but,just to make it perfectly clear, I didn´t sense any bad thing about muslim people/cordoba or whatever the subject was in your message the other day: it was just a bad joke a that a friend of mine does about cordoba/Toledo/granada.But nothing related to your opinion. I´m sorry if it sounded that way

6 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

now they are saying that under the hospital there was a headquarter of the nazis.I´m afraid that explanation doesn´t sound belivable either.

Putin must know that deep down his days are numbered.  He grossly underestimated the Ukrainian people's reserve and determination to resist this unprovoked invasion.  Due to the greater numbers of army personnel that Russia has,they may eventually win the battle,but they will definitely not win the war. All Putin has succeeded in doing is isolating both himself and Russia on the political world stage and have set east west relations back to the 1960s. 

13 minutes ago, Paul Wade said:

Putin must know that deep down his days are numbered.  He grossly underestimated the Ukrainian people's reserve and determination to resist this unprovoked invasion.  Due to the greater numbers of army personnel that Russia has,they may eventually win the battle,but they will definitely not win the war. All Putin has succeeded in doing is isolating both himself and Russia on the political world stage and have set east west relations back to the 1960s. 

With the big exception that most of Europe now thankfully is within the geopolitical sphere of the West, not the Russians. Those Europeans that haven't managed to enter EU: Western Balkans (minus Serbia), Ukraine and Georgia - would hopefully enter someday soon. So in practice the "Iron Curtain" should fall between Russia/Belarus and the West (Serbia would try to balance out between RU, China and the West while preferring Russia every time it matters). Unless Putler nukes us all or invade half of Europe...

7 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

If Putin invaded Canada,  would you want Canada to negotiate with him and most likely be forced to give him much of your land or would you want to fight to protect your country ?  Seeing so much footage of people from Ukraine despairing about Putin and Russia changing their entire lives with his cruel and undemocratic regime,  why should they negotiate with a brutal cruel dictator.  It is their country,  not Putin's to invade.  So bizarre to see people who live in democratic countries expect Ukraine to just give up their much cherished democracy to go back to times that were supposed to be firmly in the past.  Plus you can't negotiate with power hungry control freaks like Putin.  

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If Putin invaded Canada,  would you want Canada to negotiate with him and most likely be forced to give him much of your land or would you want to fight to protect your country ?  Seeing so much footage of people from Ukraine despairing about Putin and Russia changing their entire lives with his cruel and undemocratic regime,  why should they negotiate with a brutal cruel dictator.  It is their country,  not Putin's to invade.  So bizarre to see people who live in democratic countries expect Ukraine to just give up their much cherished democracy to go back to times that were supposed to be firmly in the past.  Plus you can't negotiate with power hungry control freaks like Putin.  

Russia is not asking for control over the whole country, not even much of the land, only the territories that have themselves proclaimed independence. But yes, I would rather leaders negotiate than getting the citizens to fight to the death and to see everything around them destroyed and end up with nothing. Yep. Take the damn land.

5 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Russia is not asking for control over the whole country, not even much of the land, only the territories that have themselves proclaimed independence. But yes, I would rather leaders negotiate than getting the citizens to fight to the death and to see everything around them destroyed and end up with nothing. Yep. Take the damn land.

Well, the situation you describe has happened before. 1938. Russia was Germany and Ukraine was Czechoslovakia. And the international community said "Take the damn land" in an attempt of appeasement. We all know how it ended. 

And please, don`t say it is not the same. 

13 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Well, the situation you describe has happened before. 1938. Russia was Germany and Ukraine was Czechoslovakia. And the international community said "Take the damn land" in an attempt of appeasement. We all know how it ended. 

And please, don`t say it is not the same. 

Pretty much yup. And when Hitler annexed Poland on September 1st 1939, the Allies (minus Sowjet Union) declared war on Germany because they had promised Poland to stand by them if Hitler decided to do the same shit he had done in / to Czechoslovakia. 

Ukraine was coincidently also given a guarantee by NATO because they handed over the nuclear warheads to Russia. But sure, “let’s talk” and rationalize being annexed by another country. 

43 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Pretty much yup. And when Hitler annexed Poland on September 1st 1939, the Allies (minus Sowjet Union) declared war on Germany because they had promised Poland to stand by them if Hitler decided to do the same shit he had done in / to Czechoslovakia. 

Ukraine was coincidently also given a guarantee by NATO because they handed over the nuclear warheads to Russia. But sure, “let’s talk” and rationalize being annexed by another country. 

The guarantees were given to Ukraine by RUSSIA, USA and UK.

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If Putin invaded Canada,  would you want Canada to negotiate with him and most likely be forced to give him much of your land or would you want to fight to protect your country ?  Seeing so much footage of people from Ukraine despairing about Putin and Russia changing their entire lives with his cruel and undemocratic regime,  why should they negotiate with a brutal cruel dictator.  It is their country,  not Putin's to invade.  

So true. 

If countries with weaker militaries should just give up their lands - then where would be the end of this? 

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

You could literally cross out Canada and replace it with Palestine/Syria/Etc. And according to your logic Israel is a brutal dictator (I actually agree with that). 

“How is this relevant” you might ask? Because countries / people ARE expected to “negotiate” and give up their land or be bombed by the west so not sure why you’re acting all shocked. 

For the record, in the event I'm asked non-passive aggressive questions, I DO NOT believe Ukraine should negotiate and give up their land. Just calling out the double standards coming from the West. 

Ukraine war: Putin seeks foreign volunteers to fight in Ukraine

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60705486

I can see Ukraine desiring volunteers since they have a much much smaller armed force. I wonder why Puta is wanting additional volunteers for his invasion, despite the fact that their force is so mammoth already. 

1 hour ago, air1975 said:

Ukraine war: Putin seeks foreign volunteers to fight in Ukraine

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60705486

I can see Ukraine desiring volunteers since they have a much much smaller armed force. I wonder why Puta is wanting additional volunteers for his invasion, despite the fact that their force is so mammoth already. 

How I see it, two things:

it’s going how Putin tought it would go. Ukraine are way more stronger than what he had in mind. He needs more troop to take more cities.

Also, I think he’s desperately waiting for NATO to interfere. I think he has more than Ukraine in mind. If Nato does something, he’ll have his reasons to attack Poland and move West.

20 minutes ago, runa said:

Also, I think he’s desperately waiting for NATO to interfere. I think he has more than Ukraine in mind. If Nato does something, he’ll have his reasons to attack Poland and move West.

That is frightening. If he moves into Poland, that would really be the start of WWIII. 

A photographer reflects on what he saw at Lviv's train station as thousands said goodbye to their home

From CNN's Sandi Sidhu

"The true victims of war are people that have nothing to do with the conflict and whose lives are turned upside down by war after they cross a frontier from their homeland, have suddenly lost everything that relates to their existence," he continued. 

Turnley shared what he saw in the refugees he encountered. 

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

Turnley said many of the individuals departing are women and children, as men under the age of 60have been banned from leaving the country. 

"They've been separated from their husbands, their fathers, their young men, and they have no idea when they may return home," he told CNN. 

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

"It occurred to me that for many of the very, very young that this is a moment that they will never completely remember and at the same time, it's a moment that they will certainly never forget," Turnley continued. 

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)

(Courtesy Peter Turnley)
(Courtesy Peter Turnley)