New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

On 2/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, air1975 said:

Can you please point out where I have twisted your words? (I haven't).

All I did was ask you for clarification about your thoughts on Putin's invasion, specifically.

You were being passive aggressive and you know it. 

5 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

You were being passive aggressive and you know it. 

Initially you said I was twisting your words. I asked you to specify where exactly I twisted your words. You are unable to do so.

Now you are making a bullshit/vague claim that I was being passive aggressive. I have no problems being upfront - so there really is no need for me to be passive aggressive. But its your opinion - you're entitled to it. I disagree w. your opinion. 

2 hours ago, air1975 said:

Initially you said I was twisting your words. I asked you to specify where exactly I twisted your words. You are unable to do so.

Now you are making a bullshit/vague claim that I was being passive aggressive. I have no problems being upfront - so there really is no need for me to be passive aggressive. But its your opinion - you're entitled to it. I disagree w. your opinion. 

First world problems much?

I think Putin is realizing that this invasion is more costly than he had anticipated (length of time, Russian casualties, stiff resistance, significant sanctions resulting in economic difficulties and possible unrest in Russia). 

I am afraid he will become more and more ruthless, as he may be like a poker player who has bet too much money to pull out now. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, air1975 said:

I think Putin is realizing that this invasion is more costly than he had anticipated (length of time, Russian casualties, stiff resistance, significant sanctions resulting in economic difficulties and possible unrest in Russia). 

I am afraid he will become more and more ruthless, as he may be like a poker player who has bet too much money to pull out now. 

Exactly. And war is like a machine that feeds on itself. Every increase in intensity drives itself to more extremity.

Unreasonable demands also drive to more extremity. Relentless unreasonable demands that can cause major damage to others as well. Maybe a certain man of the year should really consider dialing up his negotiating skills (if he has any) instead of badly quoting Winston Churchill, and carelessly pushing towards a global warfare with his demands when his country is not even a member of the alliance nor a EU state member.

Humanitarian help is one thing, a suicide mission dragging everyone in is another. Nobody sane of mind wants a direct nuclear and/or chemical warfare against that stinky turd of Putin and his minions.

4 hours ago, air1975 said:

Im afraid he might be planning to use tactic nuke attack as his minions are fabricating stories about chemical weapons found in Ukraine

In nod to Russia, Ukraine says no longer insisting on NATO membership

In nod to Russia, Ukraine says no longer insisting on NATO membership (france24.com)

Zelensky gives up on joining NATO, says he does not want to lead a nation 'begging something on its knees'

Zelensky gives up on joining NATO, says he does not want to lead a nation 'begging something on its knees', World News | wionews.com

Russia increases censorship with new law: 15 years in jail for calling Ukraine invasion a 'war'

“War” and “invasion” are two words that can land someone in prison for up to 15 years under a new Russian law. Those words are “fake news" in the eyes of Russian lawmakers and President Vladimir Putin, who last week passed a law criminalizing the intentional spread of information that goes against the government’s narrative about what the country prefers to call a “special military operation” in Ukraine.

Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of the lower house of parliament, said the measure “will force those who lied and made statements discrediting our armed forces to bear very grave punishment.”

Under the new legislation, individuals can be punished with up to 15 years of prison for publishing information that runs counter to Russia's narrative. That person could be a journalist who spoke negatively of Russia in a years-old tweet — the law is retroactive — or a Russian citizen who posts a TikTok about the country’s military invasion in Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-cracks-down-free-speech-040014673.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

5 hours ago, Gaudet said:

The 'man of the year' apparently has changed his tune: seems to be willing to meet the turd's demands...

I feel so terrible for Zelensky and the Ukranian people. They have gone through so much the last several days. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
9 minutes ago, air1975 said:

I feel so terrible for Zelensky and the Ukranian people. They have gone through so much the last several days. 

I feel the same, except for Zelensky.

15 hours ago, air1975 said:

OMG thank you so much for letting me be entitled to my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

OMG thank you so much for letting me be entitled to my opinion. 

Wow. Looks like you are just wanting to fight or argue for some reason. I'm not engaging with you here on out, and this will be my last response to you in this thread.

8 minutes ago, air1975 said:

Wow. Looks like you are just wanting to fight or argue for some reason. I'm not engaging with you here on out, and this will be my last response to you in this thread.

1,641 Wave Goodbye Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

I'm surprised by the negativity towards Zelensky by some. What exactly did you want him to do? Just let Putin do whatever he wants because going against it implies danger to the other countries?

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I'm surprised by the negativity towards Zelensky by some. What exactly did you want him to do? Just let Putin do whatever he wants because going against it implies danger to the other countries?

I feel the same. The guy is not a saint, but the way some people here, call him "the man of the year" is so full of contempt and disdain, I just don't get it. 

I've read some press reports that have compared Zelensky to Churchill.  Whilst I don't agree with that assessment,his bravery certainly has to be admired.  He quite easily could have taken the Americans up on their offer of a ride and fled Ukraine. But,he chose to stay and face down the Russians and their teams of assassins that were sent to kill him. Win or lose,the Ukrainian people will remember this. If not for anything else nobody could ever accuse him of being a coward. 

30 minutes ago, runa said:

He’s not a coward, that’s for sure. He stands for his ideas, his beliefs and he defends his country. He has all my admiration for this.

Exactly 

And he is using social media and image as weapons. Something that has been done (with different outlets) since the IIWW. I don’t understand the criticism about him that I’ve just read here.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
9 hours ago, air1975 said:

How come, CzarnaWisnia?

Not trying to start a quarrel, but am truly curious... 

Well, first of all I don't trust any political leader to their word. I believe any state leader mixes lies with the truth all the time and that whatever they publicly disclose is always meant to create an effect. I mostly find suspicious how any political figure is suddenly the object of frenzied adulation, mostly from Western people who did not know his name three weeks ago, nor, for the most part, did they know anything at all about the country he's the leader of. I see t-shirts with Zelensky posing as a Marvel super-hero, I see memes all over the internet with thousands of likes, and gushing praise on Twitter. I mean, c'mon. I bet you can find some wine mom having his face tattoed on her boob RIGHT NOW. I understand one can find him courageous and responsible, but... c'mon.

Secondly, I think any information broadcast during war time is suspicious. Motives for people's actions, etc., that's all suspicious. Thirdly, I disapprove of certain political decisions he has made before the war started, and others since, but I won't say anymore than that.

43 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Well, first of all I don't trust any political leader to their word. I believe any state leader mixes lies with the truth all the time and that whatever they publicly disclose is always meant to create an effect. I mostly find suspicious how any political figure is suddenly the object of frenzied adulation, mostly from Western people who did not know his name three weeks ago, nor, for the most part, did they know anything at all about the country he's the leader of. I see t-shirts with Zelensky posing as a Marvel super-hero, I see memes all over the internet with thousands of likes, and gushing praise on Twitter. I mean, c'mon. I bet you can find some wine mom having his face tattoed on her boob RIGHT NOW. I understand one can find him courageous and responsible, but... c'mon.

Secondly, I think any information broadcast during war time is suspicious. Motives for people's actions, etc., that's all suspicious. Thirdly, I disapprove of certain political decisions he has made before the war started, and others since, but I won't say anymore than that.

2238A4F3-18B7-459A-8E89-DA4016D183A9.gif

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

They clearly wanted him to flee. Or to behave like an uneducated savage. Or maybe broadcast like an 80s communist sketch.