New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

And the fucking cyber shit looming too...

Putin could unleash a new kind of warfare on West in retaliation over sanctions

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/putin-could-unleash-a-new-kind-of-warfare-on-west-in-retaliation-over-sanctions/ar-AAUtdTP?ocid=msedgntp

Meanwhile China...

China 'ready to play a role' in Ukraine ceasefire

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/china-ready-to-play-a-role-in-ukraine-ceasefire/ar-AAUtc13?ocid=msedgntp

1 hour ago, air1975 said:

The argument about NATO expansion does not seem to take into account that those independent countries CHOOSE to apply for NATO membership. 

What putin is doing is putin´s fault, that´s for sure, but NATO should have known better. And isn´t there a document where NATO says that they are not going to expande themselves to the east?

Guest CzarnaWisnia
11 minutes ago, promise to try said:

What putin is doing is putin´s fault, that´s for sure, but NATO should have known better. And isn´t there a document where NATO says that they are not going to expande themselves to the east?

These were conditions discussed and agreed upon verbally. (Minutes exist I believe.)

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, air1975 said:

The argument about NATO expansion does not seem to take into account that those independent countries CHOOSE to apply for NATO membership. 

It's perfectly legitimate for any country to apply for that membership. But one has to take into account the complexities of reaching that point. Any country is a huge collection of conflicting points of views. Just look at the US right now. Is it "united" other than in name only? If the USA right now (the government) decided to join a divisive international military organization, I bet there would be a lot of noise, and even protest from let's say half the country. Then, as history has shown, the CIA and US intelligence agencies have many times over influenced the course of other countries' political destinies through various identifiable means (regime change activities). Ukraine has been in such a way influenced (in 2013 and 2014). I think there's more to know about this situation.

Of course I'm a fucking asshole, etc.

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Then, as history has shown, the CIA and US intelligence agencies have many times over influenced the course of other countries' political destinies through various identifiable means (regime change activities).

100% true - one of those countries for example in Europe is 🇮🇹.  

4 hours ago, Gaudet said:

100% true - one of those countries for example in Europe is 🇮🇹.  

They have to thank them, because Italy is one of the leading nations in the world

6 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

It's perfectly legitimate for any country to apply for that membership. But one has to take into account the complexities of reaching that point. Any country is a huge collection of conflicting points of views. Just look at the US right now. Is it "united" other than in name only? If the USA right now (the government) decided to join a divisive international military organization, I bet there would be a lot of noise, and even protest from let's say half the country. Then, as history has shown, the CIA and US intelligence agencies have many times over influenced the course of other countries' political destinies through various identifiable means (regime change activities). Ukraine has been in such a way influenced (in 2013 and 2014). I think there's more to know about this situation.

Of course I'm a fucking asshole, etc.

No one said you're an asshole. I may disagree with some of what you say, and even how you say it - doesn't make you an asshole.

"Any country is a huge collection of conflicting points of views". Totally agree. I agree that big issues like joining NATO or not, joining EU or not, building a border wall etc bring out different reactions in different citizens. I also understand your point that there are a variety of factors that lead to certain parties to come into power. There are many factors that lead to a country leaning one way or the other. It still does not negate an independent country's decision to apply to join an organization. 

"Then, as history has shown, the CIA and US intelligence agencies have many times over influenced the course of other countries' political destinies through various identifiable means (regime change activities). Ukraine has been in such a way influenced (in 2013 and 2014). I think there's more to know about this situation." I agree with you there as well. Sadly, this is the way countries play with each other. The US/CIA has definitely done their share of shit. As have other countries including Russia (eg. interfering with 2016 US elections; attempting to interfere in Ukrainian politics, just as the west has done). I am not condoning the US or China or Russia doing this sort of underhanded crap. But what is disgusting about the current situation is that Putin fucking INVADED an independent country - its really upping the ante and I feel just so sad for the Ukrainian people displaced and traumatized, and also for the Russian soldiers who are following orders. It just seems like so much unnecessary human SUFFERING - and this type of trauma will be passed down for decades. It just seems so unnecessary. 

The very second a single troop invaded Ukraine all debate about sociopolítica is sterile. One thing is the political chessboard and another to invide a country and kill innocent population. 

28 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The very second a single troop invaded Ukraine all debate about sociopolítica is sterile. One thing is the political chessboard and another to invide a country and kill innocent population. 

Exactly. It’s an atrocity. It can never be excused. It’s one thing to support certain forces that want a political change, it’s another to try to impose it by invading a peaceful nation.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, air1975 said:

No one said you're an asshole. I may disagree with some of what you say, and even how you say it - doesn't make you an asshole.

"Any country is a huge collection of conflicting points of views". Totally agree. I agree that big issues like joining NATO or not, joining EU or not, building a border wall etc bring out different reactions in different citizens. I also understand your point that there are a variety of factors that lead to certain parties to come into power. There are many factors that lead to a country leaning one way or the other. It still does not negate an independent country's decision to apply to join an organization. 

"Then, as history has shown, the CIA and US intelligence agencies have many times over influenced the course of other countries' political destinies through various identifiable means (regime change activities). Ukraine has been in such a way influenced (in 2013 and 2014). I think there's more to know about this situation." I agree with you there as well. Sadly, this is the way countries play with each other. The US/CIA has definitely done their share of shit. As have other countries including Russia (eg. interfering with 2016 US elections; attempting to interfere in Ukrainian politics, just as the west has done). I am not condoning the US or China or Russia doing this sort of underhanded crap. But what is disgusting about the current situation is that Putin fucking INVADED an independent country - its really upping the ante and I feel just so sad for the Ukrainian people displaced and traumatized, and also for the Russian soldiers who are following orders. It just seems like so much unnecessary human SUFFERING - and this type of trauma will be passed down for decades. It just seems so unnecessary. 

Yes, it certainly is shocking and unnecessary. And it was foreseeable.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/russia-ukraine-war/story/vladimir-putin-invasion-ukraine-goddaughter-connection-1920128-2022-03-03

Does Putin’s invasion of Ukraine have a goddaughter connection?

A theory is going around that despite his misgivings about Nato (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) expansion, Putin invaded Ukraine to hoist his friend Viktor Medvedchuk to power in capital Kyiv.

What triggers war has been a historian’s obsession. They have found that wars were fought over matters such as bird poop (Spain-Peru, 1860s), a stray dog (Greece-Bulgaria, 1920s), pastry (France-Mexico, 1830s) and the murder of a duke (World War-I). Historians will have a task to know why Russia’s President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine.

A theory is going around that despite his misgivings about Nato (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) expansion, Putin invaded Ukraine to hoist his friend Viktor Medvedchuk to power in capital Kyiv. Viktor Medvedchuk is the leader of the Opposition Platform in Ukraine and a rival to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy (formerly spelt Zelensky).

Putin has flagged Nato expansion in Russia’s neighbourhood as an existential threat and a good enough reason to invade Ukraine, an ally country waiting for Nato membership. Due to a lack of consensus and Russia’s belligerent opposition, the US-dominated Nato has always found reasons to delay Ukraine’s membership even after assuring the country in 2008.

Medvedchuk and Putin share a long and strong friendship. They first met during the early years of Putin as Russia’s president. Medvedchuk was the chief of staff of Ukraine’s President Leonid Kuchma when he first met Putin.

Follow full coverage of the Ukraine-Russia crisis here.

They became so close that in 2004, when a baby girl was born to Medvedchuk, he asked Putin to rechristen her in Orthodox Christian tradition that both the leaders follow. Putin named his goddaughter, Daria.

Putin would often bring gifts for Medvedchuk, bouquets for his wife Osanka Marchenko a famous TV presenter in Ukraine, and dolls for Darina.

Daria is now said to be hiding to escape abduction by the Ukrainian forces since the Russian invasion. Her father Medvedchuk, put under house arrest in 2021 by the Zelenskyy government, escaped on February 27, three days after Putin ordered a “special military operation” in Ukraine.

Putin’s aggression towards Ukraine has grown in measures seemingly parallel to Zelenskyy’s action against Medvedchuk, who enjoyed tremendous influence in Ukrainian business and political circles. He was said to be running a television network with a bouquet of channels having wide viewership.

ALSO READ | How war changed Ukraine in 7 days since Russian invasion

Medvedchuk and Putin are said to have common interests in the regional geo-strategy and mutual dislike for the West. They holiday together in the Black Sea, where both Russia and Ukraine open for an exit to the Mediterranean Sea and ultimately towards the Atlantic Ocean.

Medvedchuk has for long been considered Putin’s voice in Ukraine. He attempted a presidential run in 2019, when Zelenskyy won the national election to head the Ukrainian government.

He has been a critic of the Ukrainian government since 2014 when the last pro-Russia president was deposed through a popular protest. Putin had then said there was no “legitimate authority” and “no one to talk to” in Ukraine.

UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT'S PUSHBACK

In 2014, when Russia attacked Ukraine and annexed its Crimean Peninsula, Medvedchuk was sanctioned by the US, among other countries. But he emerged as the man to mediate with Putin over the rebellion in East Ukraine. A deal could be agreed on in 2018 for peace.

Again in 2020, when Putin announced the first Covid-19 vaccine, Medvedchuk and his wife were among the first to fly to Moscow for vaccination. They reached an arrangement under which Russia was to supply Covid-19 vaccine doses to Ukraine free of cost.

But the Zelenskyy government rejected the arrangement as the US accused Putin of trying to secure mileage out of the Covid-19 pandemic using vaccines as leverage.

MEDVEDCHUK CORNERED

Medvedchuk has faced stringent measures under the Zelenskyy government.

Zelenskyy took measures to stifle his business operations, particularly since January-February 2021, days after the inauguration of Joe Biden as the US president.

The government blacked out the TV channels linked to Medvedchuk from the Ukrainian audience. The US embassy in Ukraine praised the move.

The Zelenskyy government and the US accused Medvedchuk of running Russian propaganda to destabilise the Ukrainian government. In February 2021, the Zelenskyy government froze assets of Medvedchuk’s family. These businesses included an oil pipeline that brought Russian oil to Europe and money to Medvedchuk family, including Putin’s goddaughter.

n one of his interviews, Medvedchuk complained that he did not have enough money to pay his utility bills. The Zelenskyy government action was announced on February 19. Two days later came the first signal of Russian retaliation.

On February 21 last year, Russia announced the deployment of 3,000 soldiers to the Ukraine border for “large-scale exercises” with the objective to “seize enemy structures and hold them until the arrival of the main force”.

This was the first of many announcements on the deployment of Russian troops on the Ukraine border. The number of soldiers kept increasing to 1,00,000 before Putin ordered them to invade Ukraine.

Deployment of troops continued, as did measures against Medvedchuk and his close aides, who were even reportedly targeted by America's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in 2021. Medvedchuk was put under house arrest in Kyiv in 2021, and despite Russia’s pressure, the Zelenskyy government would not free him.

ALSO READ | As Ukrainians arm up to face Russians, the origins of Molotov cocktail

Then in January this year, the US issued a statement accusing Medvedchuk and his aides of plotting with the Russians to topple the Zelenskyy government and install a puppet regime in Ukraine.

A month later, on February 25, when the Russian troops were reported to be heading towards Kyiv, Putin asked his soldiers to topple the Zelenskyy government. Two days later, Medvedchuk escaped from house arrest. But Zelenskyy has put up a fight that Putin possibly did not expect before invading Ukraine.

Fucking disgusting cowards, bastards, pieces of shit "men". If those are "men" I am Madonna. As always in every war, rape occurs. Always.

Utterly disgusting.

May someone soon find the siberian bunker that coward russian dictator turd is hiding at, and give him a terminal taste of his own medicine.