New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

1 minute ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Negotiation for an immediate ceasefire.

Yeah, me too. Is Putin gonna do that? He's the one attacking. Should Ukraine do what Putin wants just because he wants it despite what Ukrainians want for themselves? 

You need to understand that this man wants to restore the Soviet Union. That wouldn't be a problem if the former Soviet states agreed, but that's not the case. Not even Russians want that. They wanna live their lives, reach the end of the month, have peace, etc. Not go back to past "glories". 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

You can’t negotiate with power hungry dictators. History has shown that over and over again. 

So your solution: warfare until...? 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
16 minutes ago, Django said:

I'm pretty sure here we all want this to stop right now, but there's a huge difference between what we would want and what it is.

Sure. Then what is the next step to be taken, and what is the foreseeable goal? That's the issue.

2 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Sure. Then what is the next step to be taken, and what is the foreseeable goal? That's the issue.

If Ukraine falls now, this could be the Sudetenland of 21st century. Next could be Eastern Europe, then Western. Maybe NATO must intervene?

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Negotiation for an immediate ceasefire.

And what would that entail? 

As far as I recall, various world leaders had been begging, threatening, cajoling Putin not to attack Ukraine. The lying motherfucker said "I have no plans to attack.. just military exercises.... we have started to withdraw troops etc etc" 

So now, what would new negotiations entail? Putin will only stop if Ukraine agrees to his demands. I guess they may not have a choice but to bow down to his dictums. It is really sad that a sovereign country was invaded and now they would be forced into 'negotiations' - where they pretty much have to do what the invader wants, or else. Is this really dipolmacy? Its more like 'suck my dick while I have a gun to your head, or I will kill you'. 

14 hours ago, karbatal said:

The situation is so incredibly dramatic. My husband has a friend in Bulgaria who is Ukrainian and her cousin turned 18 three weeks ago. He is enlisted and was given an arm to go defend the country. Just imagine the poor scared kid. It’s really heartbreaking. 

It really really is heartbreaking. I feel so bad for the Ukranian families, kids who are probably scared out of their freaking minds, having relatives die, homes destroyed, having to flee. I feel bad for the Russian soldiers, who must obey a fucked up leader (who knows what all they will see and be traumatized by too).  So much unnecessary destruction, death, and a legacy of pain to be felt for decades. 

Anyone else who have friends/colleagues etc who are rabid conspiracy theorists  - for examples they believe the earth is flat, covid is a hoax and all Democrats are child abusers etc -  noticed something.  They are all posting on their social media anti Ukraine and pro Putin posts.   So tragic and yet so predictable. All blaming Ukraine and the West. 

The U.S. has been struggling and really consistently failing to get most of Europe to view NATO as anything other than a cumbersome and borderline-irrelevant antique for most of the 21st century and now within a week it's become strategic priority #1 throughout the continent. Sweden and Finland will be stampeding to get in. Military spending is going to skyrocket in all involved nations for the foreseeable future and probably all of our lifetimes. An unprecedented extreme militarization in the east (the kind that Russian propaganda tried to evoke as a 'thing' which never actually existed...but certainly will exist now) will become a wholly uncontroversial baseline fact of European political life.

One of the biggest backfires in all of human history. Vlad P. is legitimately mentally ret@rded.

2 minutes ago, LSD said:

The U.S. has been struggling and really consistently failing to get most of Europe to view NATO as anything other than a cumbersome and borderline-irrelevant antique for most of the 21st century and now within a week it's become strategic priority #1 throughout the continent. Sweden and Finland will be stampeding to get in. Military spending is going to skyrocket in all involved nations for the foreseeable future and probably all of our lifetimes. An unprecedented extreme militarization in the east (the kind that Russian propaganda tried to evoke as a 'thing' which never actually existed...but certainly will exist now) will become a wholly uncontroversial baseline fact of European political life.

One of the biggest backfires in all of human history. Vlad P. is legitimately mentally ret@rded.

Actually, I think this is what he wanted.Now we are going to play his game.And I don´t know if NATO wanted this game too.

6 hours ago, elijah said:

If Ukraine falls now, this could be the Sudetenland of 21st century. Next could be Eastern Europe, then Western. Maybe NATO must intervene?

isn´t NATO supposed to intervine only in the countries that are inside of them? I don´t know how this works, but if they intervene in Ukraine aren´t they supposed to be in a war that "is not supposed to be related to them"?

1 minute ago, promise to try said:

Actually, I think this is what he wanted.Now we are going to play his game.And I don´t know if NATO wanted this game too.

Vlad P. was close to pissing himself with nervousness and fear in front of all the bethroned oligarchs the other day not wanting them to pull the plug on his failed reign now that Russia's economy is backsliding into the stone age, the rubble is becoming a currency on par with Monopoly money, and their villas and yachts going to be confiscated by the nations they actually want to live in after robbing the Russian people blind to build their fortunes. Nobody on Earth hates Russia more than the Russian ruling class.

4 minutes ago, LSD said:

Vlad P. was close to pissing himself with nervousness and fear in front of all the bethroned oligarchs the other day not wanting them to pull the plug on his failed reign now that Russia's economy is backsliding into the stone age, the rubble is becoming a currency on par with Monopoly money, and their villas and yachts going to be confiscated by the nations they actually want to live in after robbing the Russian people blind to build their fortunes. Nobody on Earth hates Russia more than the Russian ruling class.

I´m happy to hear that. Here the news only talk about the economy in russia being really strong and that puttin has been preparing russia for these type of economic sanctions in the last years.And that they also have china´s help.

15 minutes ago, Aime said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaZkUkMMWCl/?utm_medium=copy_link

I honestly feel like crying. A 81 year old woman who survived the 900 day Hitler occupation of the territory near Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg) arrested for protesting. Nothing bad happened, she says the police was extremely apologetic to her and even visited her after the event, but to think that a person who survived this hellish situation (things got so bad that people were eating dogs, rats, birds but they never surrendered to the Nazis) now is being arrested for speaking out against violence, it really makes me feel desperate and helpless.

she´s a hero and a great example! and where they apologetic to her? that´s great, I really believe that russian people don´t want this war

So Russia is finally out of the swift system!!!!! 

The only way to solve this mess without a bloodbath of innocent civilians and scared troops is to strangle Putin from within and push the oligarchs to pull the plug, in my opinion.

Every hour counts because every hour more Ukrainian people suffer. The fact that Chechen troops are already there is really bad news. They are infamous for being extremely vicious.

51 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I´m happy to hear that. Here the news only talk about the economy in russia being really strong and that puttin has been preparing russia for these type of economic sanctions in the last years.And that they also have china´s help.

China is vital now. If they turn their back to Putin it will affect even more the stability of his dictatorship.

1 hour ago, LSD said:

Well, LOTS of arms will be sold now. I am not sure it backfired for those who always profit.

12 hours ago, Gaudet said:

The "full tonto" question (Putin) from Sky's international affairs editor Dominic Waghorn:

This woman is so conniving and despicable. The embodiment of "alternative facts" or the Upsidedown world. She's Lavrov's ideological spawn.

10 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

So your solution is as I said: bomb more, more destruction, more death, etc.

The solution is to apply measures that would severely dry up Putin's fininacial pools which are funding his invasion campaign.

The financial director of Gazprom has committed suicide earlier today in Sankt Petersburg. It's starting.

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

You can’t negotiate with power hungry dictators. History has shown that over and over again. 

True.

But history has repeatedly shown that you can’t condone certain dictators and oppose others depending on the agenda. Because sooner or later all dictators turn into a problem. Now the person with mental problems is Putin. Tomorrow it could be China’s. And here we are, buying all from China and turning a dangerous dictatorship into the first global economy.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

So Russia is finally out of the swift system!!!!! 

The only way to solve this mess without a bloodbath of innocent civilians and scared troops is to strangle Putin from within and push the oligarchs to pull the plug, in my opinion.

Every hour counts because every hour more Ukrainian people suffer. The fact that Chechen troops are already there is really bad news. They are infamous for being extremely vicious.

The 25 chechen fighters were obliterated in Kharkov yesterday along with their commander.

In the meantime, 2000 mercenary chechen fighters pledged to fight together with Ukrainian troops against the Russian invaders. 

Just now, Kilt said:

The 25 chechen fighters were obliterated in Kharkov yesterday along with their commander.

In the meantime, 2000 mercenary chechen fighters pledged to fight together with Ukranian troops.

Wow. Watching the news I thought it was a big chechen army, not a handful of men. 

Good news then!!!!!!