New war in Europe, courtesy of Putin

elijah

Would love to see members here who keep defending Putin to go and live in Russia. Where people are ruled and oppressed. Their votes in elections not even counted.  Gay people are treated appallingly as so many gay Russians have spoken out about.  But hey, let’s keep blaming the Democrats in the USA.  As for Ukraine having weapons, they will need them. Russia has a huge military weapon base. Putin will keep going on his power grab too. 

The What-about-ism in this thread is in bad taste at the moment. It reminds of when Republicans say, well the Democrats have blood on their hands too!

26 minutes ago, Nessie said:

It is no joke to bomb countries, any country, no matter whatever political sphere you are part of. The point is the absolutely hypocrisy of the so called guardians of “freedom” pointing fingers, and a world outcry for the same thing they have been doing to other defenseless countries for the past 70 years.

If Putin should legally respond for this agression, should Obama be tried for crimes against humanity for Yemen, Somalia, Lybia, Irak, Afghanistan? Nixon for Vietnam? Carter and Reagan for Iran, Salvador, Nicaragua? Clinton for Yugoslavia?

Again shifting the discussion I see. Ukraine is the theme here. If u want to discuss how evil US has been since ww2, open another topic. And really linking 70ties Nixon to 2022 Putin? Really? We are talking about Europe here and not some local war, but one of the nuclear powers invading its neighbour.

20 minutes ago, elijah said:

Again shifting the discussion I see. Ukraine is the theme here. If u want to discuss how evil US has been since ww2, open another topic. And really linking 70ties Nixon to 2022 Putin? Really? We are talking about Europe here and not some local war, but one of the nuclear powers invading its neighbour.

As usual throwing dust under the rug, in the typical american fashion ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’. Whatever, in this UScentric world order nothing of those agressions are ever adressed anyway, the West will keep the inflamatory speech against this Putin agression as if they are some kind of untouchable saints, nevermind the atrocious crimes that destroyed many countries all over the world. ‘Boots on the ground’ (an euphemism expression for invasion) was coined precisely by the same people that are now outraged by Putin agression.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

How is it not relevant? It’s clearly the never ending US vs Russia proxy war nonsense that’s been going on since forever. 

22 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

How is it not relevant? It’s clearly the never ending US vs Russia proxy war nonsense that’s been going on since forever. 

Its not relevant, because we are talking about Ukraine, an European nation. Biden has 0 to do with Putins decision to wage a war on it.

2 hours ago, Nessie said:

As usual throwing dust under the rug, in the typical american fashion ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’. Whatever, in this UScentric world order nothing of those agressions are ever adressed anyway, the West will keep the inflamatory speech against this Putin agression as if they are some kind of untouchable saints, nevermind the atrocious crimes that destroyed many countries all over the world. ‘Boots on the ground’ (an euphemism expression for invasion) was coined precisely by the same people that are now outraged by Putin agression.

Just so you don't throw dirt under the rug - let me ask you specifically. What are YOUR thoughts about Putin's decision to invade Ukraine? Do you agree with it? Do you think its wrong?

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

What are YOUR thoughts about Putin's decision to invade Ukraine? Do you agree with it? Do you think its wrong?

Just now, air1975 said:

What are YOUR thoughts about Putin's decision to invade Ukraine? Do you agree with it? Do you think its wrong?

Where in the world did I ever say I support this monster? I think he's bullshit. I think the US is bullshit. I think every imperialistic power that uses other defenseless countries as a proxy to show off who has the biggest dick and grow their influence on the world's resources / riches is bullshit. 

My heart goes out to the people of the Ukraine and I'm sorry if I came off as insensitive. Maybe I have to wait to give my opinions because people like you twist my words to make it seem like I somehow support fucking Russia. 

I have been on this forum for over TWO decades and I have seen so many people on this very forum either sit back and defend the US or flat out not give a flying fuck when the US has done EXACTLY THE SAME AS RUSSIA over and over and over and over again.

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

Where in the world did I ever say I support this monster? I think he's bullshit. I think the US is bullshit. I think every imperialistic power that uses other defenseless countries as a proxy to show off who has the biggest dick and grow their influence on the world's resources / riches is bullshit. 

My heart goes out to the people of the Ukraine and I'm sorry if I came off as insensitive. Maybe I have to wait to give my opinions because people like you twist my words to make it seem like I somehow support fucking Russia. 

I have been on this forum for over TWO decades and I have seen so many people on this very forum either sit back and defend the US or flat out not give a flying fuck when the US has done EXACTLY THE SAME AS RUSSIA over and over and over and over again.

Can you please point out where I have twisted your words? (I haven't).

All I did was ask you for clarification about your thoughts on Putin's invasion, specifically.

5 hours ago, Nessie said:

It is no joke to bomb countries, any country, no matter whatever political sphere you are part of. The point is the absolutely hypocrisy of the so called guardians of “freedom” pointing fingers, and a world outcry for the same thing they have been doing to other defenseless countries for the past 70 years.

If Putin should legally respond for this agression, should Obama be tried for crimes against humanity for Yemen, Somalia, Lybia, Irak, Afghanistan? Nixon for Vietnam? Carter and Reagan for Iran, Salvador, Nicaragua? Clinton for Yugoslavia?

Stop those stupid comparisons to relativate what's going on right now. You can make your own threads about every war USA was starting. 

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Putin is a power hungry dictator.  If people can’t see the resemblance to Hitler then we have not learned anything from history. He was never nipped in the bud so to speak when he cruelly and devastatingly took over countries around him. 

I think what Hitler did before the Polish invasion is completely different and maybe a million times more horrible.

And because some people here only think as black and white I will clarify the obvious: I think Putin is scum and dangerous and a crazy egomaniac. I guess some of us will have to add this in every post.

I don’t understand the need to bring nazi Germany in every situation in the past 5 years in social media. And there is no need to compare both conflicts. Putin is a different psycho than Hitler and we are not in 1938. 

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Its not relevant, because we are talking about Ukraine, an European nation. Biden has 0 to do with Putins decision to wage a war on it.

Biden has been in the White House one year. Let’s say USA Foreign Politics instead.

When we learn History you analyze what brought a nation or one dictator or whatever to do this and that. And normally when we learn history we analyze several decades if not centuries. That is what some of us are trying to do in this thread: bringing a background to understand the situation instead of going the reductive and fast way of “horrible, poor people”. 

Take Hitler for example, seeing that 1938 is being brought here several times: when you study II World War we don’t limit to the nazis. We go back to the Versailles treaty that humiliated Germany and condemned the country to poverty after WWI. The result was turmoil in Germany and radical ideas of a free and strong Germany, which created the path to Hitler. WITH THAT IN MIND after WWII Germany benefited from the Marshal Plan too and was considered an ally.

International politics have brought the world to this situation now. And to explain or remember or discuss things doesn’t make a person pro Russia or pro Putin. Just the same that explaining the rising of Htler remembering the Versailles Treaty doesn’t make a person pro Hitler.

Instead of labeling people here, it would be more fruitful to read and even to admit we are wrong if we are. For example I was 100% sure that Russia wouldn’t invade Ukraine. I was obviously very wrong.

Another long run consequence that this conflict may have in the future is that being part of NATO does not automatically turn your country into a military giant. Because wars are complicated. I do wonder what Zelensnky thinks now when he said today that they are facing this situation totally alone. Aside for Putin being scum worst horrible, one of the his reasons to invade was the intention of Ukraine to join NATO. And NATO didn’t protect Chernobyl or Kiev or whatever. I do wonder what will other ex Soviet countries think right now. And maybe if this was part of Putin plan in the first place.

In 1938 Hitler annexed Austria and the German speaking part of former Czechoslovakia. GB, USA, France allowed him to do so at a conference in Munich because they believed it would appease him. He kept on saying rhetorical bullshit, basically suggesting these countries / regions were part of the former German Empire and that 1919 (Peace treaty after WW1) was a mistake which needed to be corrected bc of German interests. 
Cut to a few month later when he invaded the non-German speaking part of Czechoslovakia after saying in Munich he wouldn’t.
This was the red line in the sand for the western nations, so they gave Poland the guarantee that they would declare war on Germany should Hitler also annex them. On September 1st 1939 the German army crossed the border to Poland after a bullshit propaganda dispute and thus WW2 began. 

Putin is annexing the pro Russian part of the Ukraine now. Political expert are predicting that he will not be satisfied until he has the whole Ukraine. If people don’t perceive this as a problem or threat, I do not know what is wrong with them. Just listen to his insane speech from the other day where he said that 1917 (the Russian Empire under a Zar) needed to be culturally restored and that even the Sowjet Union was wrong to allow these countries some sense of existence. 

Oh and Biden this, the West that … sorry but this has nothing to do with invading a sovereign country. Europe hasn’t seen this since the end of WW2. Even the Balkan wars were civil wars, which was bad enough. 

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I'm sorry not the time for that right now, but :lmao: 

:lmao:What a Cringe worthy idiot.  The only good thing about this video is that it is so stupid, it is funny.  Celebrities can be so shockingly self absorbed and idiotic. 

19 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

In 1938 Hitler annexed Austria and the German speaking part of former Czechoslovakia. GB, USA, France allowed him to do so at a conference in Munich because they believed it would appease him. He kept on saying rhetorical bullshit, basically suggesting these countries / regions were part of the former German Empire and that 1919 (Peace treaty after WW1) was a mistake which needed to be corrected bc of German interests. 
Cut to a few month later when he invaded the non-German speaking part of Czechoslovakia after saying in Munich he wouldn’t.
This was the red line in the sand for the western nations, so they gave Poland the guarantee that they would declare war on Germany should Hitler also annex them. On September 1st 1939 the German army crossed the border to Poland after a bullshit propaganda dispute and thus WW2 began. 

Putin is annexing the pro Russian part of the Ukraine now. Political expert are predicting that he will not be satisfied until he has the whole Ukraine. If people don’t perceive this as a problem or threat, I do not know what is wrong with them. Just listen to his insane speech from the other day where he said that 1917 (the Russian Empire under a Zar) needed to be culturally restored and that even the Sowjet Union was wrong to allow these countries some sense of existence. 

Oh and Biden this, the West that … sorry but this has nothing to do with invading a sovereign country. Europe hasn’t seen this since the end of WW2. Even the Balkan wars were civil wars, which was bad enough. 

Agree totally. 

24 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Do you think he will be satisfied when he gets whole Ukraine? The man is crazy and someone should take him down ASAP before he pushes the red button

1 hour ago, Junior said:

I was about to post it:rotfl:

He said she was an actress 😮 I didn't even recognize her from 90210

17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lmao:What a Cringe worthy idiot.  The only good thing about this video is that it is so stupid, it is funny.  Celebrities can be so shockingly self absorbed and idiotic. 

exactly :rotfl: 

53 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Yes

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, air1975 said:

You really think anyone here think's the invasion of Ukraine is a good thing?

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Another long run consequence that this conflict may have in the future is that being part of NATO does not automatically turn your country into a military giant. 

Not only that, but it doesn't protect these countries, actually, it rather exposes them to harm. I was always fearful of America sending troops to Poland in the last many years because the more threatening a neighbouring state is to Russia, the more is exposes them to aggression. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Oh and Biden this, the West that … sorry but this has nothing to do with invading a sovereign country.

It has absolutely everything to do with NATO/American influence. If Ukraine were to become a NATO member, US troops could be stationed at the very border of Russia. Ukraine is sadly instrumental in this. If Mexico made a military alliance with China, the US would invade Mexico militarily. I think people are now rightfully upset about what's going on, and obviously it's hugely illegal warfare and total violation of international law. But they have to understand international politics. Countries are ready to breach international law on security matters, and they do so all over the world on the regular. It's essential to understand this in order to prevent any of such violations to ever happen.

6 hours ago, air1975 said:

Just so you don't throw dirt under the rug - let me ask you specifically. What are YOUR thoughts about Putin's decision to invade Ukraine? Do you agree with it? Do you think its wrong?

Of course it is wrong. As i said many posts earlier in this thread the decision of Putin to occupy the entire Ukraine country is insane and this would mean that he has lost his mind. In the matter of fact i posted this here just minutes before the confirmed reports of the invasion began coming in. What we are debating here is the reasons why he made that decision, which isn’t simply a land grab without a complex underlined background, many things happened before he made the decision to attack Ukraine.