Australian political thread

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/gladys-berejiklian-dan-andrews-halloween-costume/amp/

Two Gals Dressed Up As Gladys Berejiklian & Dan Andrews, AKA 2021’s Best Halloween Costume

@Jazzy Jan

Love it 😊 

Have you been watching the ICAC inquiry on Gladys ?  

On 10/31/2021 at 11:50 PM, Kim said:

THIS is amazing! Who is this foul-mouthed queen?!

It's fantastic, right? She and another great woman front the videos for Juice Media, a group that cuts through our government's bullshit with funny but factual videos like this. 

We have a booming satire culture emerging on social media in Australia that often has a more clear-eyed take on current events than our news. Our "official" news has been captured by Murdoch, and right wing tentacles are even crippling our once-beloved ABC, so I am glad there is some resistance.

33 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

It's fantastic, right? She and another great woman front the videos for Juice Media, a group that cuts through our government's bullshit with funny but factual videos like this. 

We have a booming satire culture emerging on social media in Australia that often has a more clear-eyed take on current events than our news. Our "official" news has been captured by Murdoch, and right wing tentacles are even crippling our once-beloved ABC, so I am glad there is some resistance.

I love it! and it's genuinely funny/engaging which always helps.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:50 AM, Kim said:

THIS is amazing! Who is this foul-mouthed queen?!

41 minutes ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

I love it! and it's genuinely funny/engaging which always helps.

I love these videos, @Kimthey are always spot on and destroy the farce of Murdoch media all the time too.  I share them all the time 😀You would love all of them. @Bitch I'm Christian  I knew you would love them too. 

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Your PM is very...shouty isn't he?

Turnbull is a much more effective communicator, I'm watching him right now being interviewed.

Scotty from Marketing ( AKA Scott Morrison) is so embarrassing for Australia. The same idiot who when treasurer bought a lump of coal into parliament and told everyone to not be afraid of it  - posted video below of this.   To have this one time major climate change denier and staunch Hillsong church member talking about climate change on the world stage is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Scotty from Marketing ( AKA Scott Morrison) is so embarrassing for Australia. The same idiot who when treasurer bought a lump of coal into parliament and told everyone to not be afraid of it  - posted video below of this.   To have this one time major climate change denier and staunch Hillsong church member talking about climate change on the world stage is a joke. 

The state of it. He needs a good fucking smack to shut him up. 

Those videos are hysterical! I laugh and then realise the tragedy that underlies them. The reality is, is that Australia is on the cusp of going beyond the point of no return. We talk about it all the time...a nation of morons wired to consume and get ahead, distracted from reality, voting against their best interests.

I cannot bear to listen to or watch ScoMo. @Kim, when I heard him addressing COP on the radio, I asked aloud, why is he yelling? He speaks like this all the time. He is naturally always on the offensive because he is a walking PR disaster who has no idea what he's doing. I can't believe he had the balls to show his face there honestly...so much second hand embarrassment :blush: And the whole submarine debacle with France is just humiliating as an Australian. Why can't things just be done in a mature and professional way?

3 hours ago, San said:

Those videos are hysterical! I laugh and then realise the tragedy that underlies them. The reality is, is that Australia is on the cusp of going beyond the point of no return. We talk about it all the time...a nation of morons wired to consume and get ahead, distracted from reality, voting against their best interests.

I cannot bear to listen to or watch ScoMo. @Kim, when I heard him addressing COP on the radio, I asked aloud, why is he yelling? He speaks like this all the time. He is naturally always on the offensive because he is a walking PR disaster who has no idea what he's doing. I can't believe he had the balls to show his face there honestly...so much second hand embarrassment :blush: And the whole submarine debacle with France is just humiliating as an Australian. Why can't things just be done in a mature and professional way?

I suppose there's something to be said for the fact he's not exactly hiding who he is and what his intentions are, unlike Benny Hill over here who's always up to no good while scratching his head and honking a comedy horn. I long for the days of grown up politics again but the longer these populists stay in power the more normalised it becomes and (over here at least) the more their popularity increases. Fingers crossed something changes in the collective consciousness of both countries soon.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:06 PM, San said:

If Scomo gets in again in the next election, it will be devastating for Australia. I hate it that he is representing us on the World stage. He is a diplomatic disaster too. Even Prince Charles looked utterly bored by him. Biden does not even remember his name and other countries are all calling out his disgusting neglect of climate change action. 

Also, how dreadful that we aligned with China, Russia and India in not committing to targets. Especially considering Australia is going to be so horribly affected by Global warming in the future. He is the worst PM we have ever had ( well, Tony Abbot is on the same level)  His squabbling with France and typical lying was humiliating and pathetic as well. 

23 hours ago, Kim said:

I suppose there's something to be said for the fact he's not exactly hiding who he is and what his intentions are, unlike Benny Hill over here who's always up to no good while scratching his head and honking a comedy horn. I long for the days of grown up politics again but the longer these populists stay in power the more normalised it becomes and (over here at least) the more their popularity increases. Fingers crossed something changes in the collective consciousness of both countries soon.

I spoke to an English colleague at work today and she said exactly what you have been saying - that he is so popular amongst the English press and public. She said it was all because he delivered a Brexit deal even though the deal was such a bad deal for the UK. Said her relatives in England all loved him :wacko:  

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I spoke to an English colleague at work today and she said exactly what you have been saying - that he is so popular amongst the English press and public. She said it was all because he delivered a Brexit deal even though the deal was such a bad deal for the UK. Said her relatives in England all loved him :wacko:  

Aye, the Brexit deal that's currently making life a fucking misery for so many people and is only gonna get a lot worse when the really shit parts of it kick in next year. I really do despair of people.

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Aye, the Brexit deal that's currently making life a fucking misery for so many people and is only gonna get a lot worse when the really shit parts of it kick in next year. I really do despair of people.

Politics all over the world is depressing me so much.  Staggering how the far right has cemented themselves so easily in power in so many countries. Terrible to that people are voting for governments that go against what is helpful to them. Not sure when this will turn around. I am hopeful that Australians will kick this government out but sadly not confident. So many people are apathetic and uninterested. That usually means the conservatives keep winning federally.