The Taliban seize power in Afghanistan again

Devastating.  Extremists who deny human rights to so many have easily regained power so easily. I am devastated for women and girls in Afghanistan who now are again ruled by men who deny them any rights, education, health care and any form of freedom. Same for all gay and transgender people. 

Devastated for the People of Afghanistan who have been cruelly and callously abandoned by the West and are left to be ruled by a terrifying extremist party who reign with terror and brutality. 

Devastated for all who lost their lives in this war. What has been achieved ? The same brutal party ruling again. 

I am completely in shock watching the images of the airport. I can't even imagine the horror of being there. 

What a tragedy for such a beautiful country so full of ancient history. And the West civilization, what horrible people we are too.

I feel rage and shame.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Devastating.  Extremists who deny human rights to so many have easily regained power so easily. I am devastated for women and girls in Afghanistan who now are again ruled by men who deny them any rights, education, health care and any form of freedom. Same for all gay and transgender people. 

Devastated for the People of Afghanistan who have been cruelly and callously abandoned by the West and are left to be ruled by a terrifying extremist party who reign with terror and brutality. 

Devastated for all who lost their lives in this war. What has been achieved ? The same brutal party ruling again. 

You know what has been achieved? Chaos. Many billionaires profit of chaos. Of destruction, reconstruction, drug, smuggling... 

Horrible

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

You know what has been achieved? Chaos. Many billionaires profit of chaos. Of destruction, reconstruction, drug, smuggling... 

Horrible

It is dreadful. I have been crying watching those poor people desperately trying to leave knowing what is in store for them. 

Then seeing interviews with women there knowing that they will have no rights at all under the Taliban. All scared, distressed and terrified for their future lives. 

So distressing and horrific. 

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is dreadful. I have been crying watching those poor people desperately trying to leave knowing what is in store for them. 

Then seeing interviews with women there knowing that they will have no rights at all under the Taliban. All scared, distressed and terrified for their future lives. 

So distressing and horrific. 

I read that Australia is giving even more place for Afghan refugees. I feel very proud of your country, Jan. 

Every woman, gay, minority who will suffer under the Sharia should be granted help and refugee in our countries..

In case anyone cares... Here's a super quick history lesson on Afghanistan and why this is so infuriating to me and just goes to who you how absolutely messed up the west / current superpowers are:

1. Afghanistan was a peaceful, developing and sovereign nation. Just as an example, this is what women there used to look like in the early 70s: 

Afghans Share Their Views on the West's Influence - The New York Times

2. The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan in 1979, stages a coup and installs a Communist puppet government.  

3. As is tradition and as Cold War history has taught us, the US decided to prop up a group of religious fanatics in hopes of freeing the Afghan people from the evils of communism, so the US, through (not so) secret CIA operations, stages their own coup and helps put into power who they called "freedom figthers", aka the mujahedeen, (and who later transformed into the Taliban). This included sending weapons, financial support and all forms of military intelligence to leaders such as Osama bin Laden

Here's a picture of Reagan meeting with these brave freedom fighters. 

800.jpeg

4. The "freedom fighters", backed by the US and Saudi Arabia, launched a several year war, and by 1989 successfully toppled the Soviet-backed Afghan communist government. 

5. Afghanistan quickly falls into a civil war due to the power vacuum this created, where several of these small militias fought for control over Afghanistan. Note that by this time the Soviet union had collapsed, so US, who was responsible for this, instantly lost interest and essentially abandoned Afghanistan and let them fend for themselves. 

6.  Pakistan (a US ally) and foreign al-Qaeda fighters, mostly from Saudi Arabia (the US' biggest ally in the region after Israel), join the fight in Afghanistan, win the civil war and install their new, horrific government. They call themselves the Taliban. Mind you, absolutely nobody helped Afghanistan during these years.

7. Sep. 11 happens and the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Germany invade Afghanistan. (Side note / rant, In short, the mess of not only allowing these religious monsters take over an entire country because of a mess that the west created, but actively creating and arming them, and helping put them in power because clearly that's better than communism, is why Sep. 11 happened in the first place. Then the west comes in as "saviors" to help liberate the Afghan people only after it affected us, but this is just a side note that I could go on and on about...).

8. To summarize the rest of this mess, these countries put into power corrupt puppet governments, raged the longest war in recent history, loses and are once again abandoning the country, leaving them in shambles and allowing these monsters who were not even Afghan to begin with take over.

9. Stay tuned, the west will once again invade them in the future and say we are liberating them and saving them from themselves, and help spread DEMOCRACY. I mean, we are already angels for allowing a tiny percent of victims into our countries as refugees...

We have a moral obligation to help Afghanistan. I cannot believe and I'm heartbroken that the US, the west (specifically UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Germany) and useless NATO are allowing this to happen.

27 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

In case anyone cares... Here's a super quick history lesson on Afghanistan and why this is so infuriating to me and just goes to who you how absolutely messed up the west / current superpowers are:

1. Afghanistan was a peaceful, developing and sovereign nation. Just as an example, this is what women there used to look like in the early 70s: 

Afghans Share Their Views on the West's Influence - The New York Times

2. The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan in 1979, stages a coup and installs a Communist puppet government.  

3. As is tradition and as Cold War history has taught us, the US decided to prop up a group of religious fanatics in hopes of freeing the Afghan people from the evils of communism, so the US, through (not so) secret CIA operations, stages their own coup and helps put into power who they called "freedom figthers", aka the mujahedeen, (and who later transformed into the Taliban). This included sending weapons, financial support and all forms of military intelligence to leaders such as Osama bin Laden

Here's a picture of Reagan meeting with these brave freedom fighters. 

800.jpeg

4. The "freedom fighters", backed by the US and Saudi Arabia, launched a several year war, and by 1989 successfully toppled the Soviet-backed Afghan communist government. 

5. Afghanistan quickly falls into a civil war due to the power vacuum this created, where several of these small militias fought for control over Afghanistan. Note that by this time the Soviet union had collapsed, so US, who was responsible for this, instantly lost interest and essentially abandoned Afghanistan and let them fend for themselves. 

6.  Pakistan (a US ally) and foreign al-Qaeda fighters, mostly from Saudi Arabia (the US' biggest ally in the region after Israel), join the fight in Afghanistan, win the civil war and install their new, horrific government. They call themselves the Taliban. Mind you, absolutely nobody helped Afghanistan during these years.

7. Sep. 11 happens and the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Germany invade Afghanistan. (Side note / rant, In short, the mess of not only allowing these religious monsters take over an entire country because of a mess that the west created, but actively creating and arming them, and helping put them in power because clearly that's better than communism, is why Sep. 11 happened in the first place. Then the west comes in as "saviors" to help liberate the Afghan people only after it affected us, but this is just a side note that I could go on and on about...).

8. To summarize the rest of this mess, these countries put into power corrupt puppet governments, raged the longest war in recent history, loses and are once again abandoning the country, leaving them in shambles and allowing these monsters who were not even Afghan to begin with take over.

9. Stay tuned, the west will once again invade them in the future and say we are liberating them and saving them from themselves, and help spread DEMOCRACY. I mean, we are already angels for allowing a tiny percent of victims into our countries as refugees...

Thanks for posting this, Ulizos... More of us care profoundly about what's happening right now ( and previously) than the media have ever, or will likely ever recognise.. its not only incredibly upsetting to witness these current events. But, desperately frustrating and angers many of us to see the same errors in judgement, rhetoric, and strategy being made over and over again........ And all at the expense and suffering  of so many, who deserve so much better than they keep being  subjected to and forced to tolerate. 

34 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

We have a moral obligation to help Afghanistan. I cannot believe and I'm heartbroken that the US, the west (specifically UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, New Zealand, and Germany) and useless NATO are allowing this to happen.

The West only will care when the refugees come. To stop them in Turkey and criminalise them calling them terrorists. 

I feel totally sick. Ashamed and angry. 

The amount of pain from monsters such as Reagan. His blame in Afghanistan, in the Iran Iraq war, in the crack epidemic, in the deaths of aids. And nobody burns his legend? He's surely burning in hell

I can't remember the last time we saw such a massive scale loss of human potential and freedom and life unfold on live TV...so many millions of people just waiting to find out if they'll ever make it out of that jail. It makes the experience of living in the absolute safety of the west feel so absurd and unreal, and somehow obscene...

Does the ANA not outnumber the Taliban? Where are the men?

3 hours ago, MadFan said:

I can't remember the last time we saw such a massive scale loss of human potential and freedom and life unfold on live TV...so many millions of people just waiting to find out if they'll ever make it out of that jail. It makes the experience of living in the absolute safety of the west feel so absurd and unreal, and somehow obscene...

Does the ANA not outnumber the Taliban? Where are the men?

With the US pulling out and the central government in Kabul abandoning the country, the ANA had no choice but to abandon their posts and/or surrender to the Taliban.  

Oh, btw, in case anyone was worried, the president is out of the country and safe: 

Russia says Afghan president fled with cars and helicopter full of cash - RIA

Geopolitical history aside, we should look at the whole picture though.

Unlike other 'groups' such as ISIS, the Taliban are not invading a foreign country

and have no international ambition. They are actually Afghans who sadly

enjoy the support of about half the population of their country.

The thing is that there should be more memory about how many times USA funds extremists in foreign countries to destabilise and profit and leaves a mess afterwards. 

They do wonder afterwards why everyone hates the USA and why the population is sinking more and more in misery. The USA government has been controlled by psychopaths for decades and decades.

20 hours ago, bumholegeorge said:

Thanks for posting this, Ulizos... More of us care profoundly about what's happening right now ( and previously) than the media have ever, or will likely ever recognise.. its not only incredibly upsetting to witness these current events. But, desperately frustrating and angers many of us to see the same errors in judgement, rhetoric, and strategy being made over and over again........ And all at the expense and suffering  of so many, who deserve so much better than they keep being  subjected to and forced to tolerate. 

Yes . Thank you @ULIZOS  for your detailed post.  America and it’s allies have blood all over their hands for originally arming and helping the party that became the Taliban. Inexcusable and has created so much horror. 

On 8/16/2021 at 10:29 PM, karbatal said:

I read that Australia is giving even more place for Afghan refugees. I feel very proud of your country, Jan. 

Every woman, gay, minority who will suffer under the Sharia should be granted help and refugee in our countries..

Karbatal, actually the current Australian government have been hopeless and pathetic in this mess.  Ex military who served in Afghanistan have been pleading and begging our government on tv and in print for months to get entrepreneurs, staff and guides that worked with Australians in Afghanistan out of Afghanistan and to be settled safely in Australia. All terrified for their safety as knew the Taliban would be brutal and unforgiving. As usual, Morrison and his right wing party did nothing .  He was the same with the bushfires, climate change action and in obtaining vaccines. Just a Murdoch puppet. I hope he is voted out in the next election. 

I hope Australia takes in thousands of Refugees from Afghanistan. I know that Australians are disgusted by how the people of Afghanistan have been abandoned. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Karbatal, actually the current Australian government have been hopeless and pathetic in this mess.  Ex military who served in Afghanistan have been pleading and begging our government on tv and in print for months to get entrepreneurs, staff and guides that worked with Australians in Afghanistan out of Afghanistan and to be settled safely in Australia. All terrified for their safety as knew the Taliban would be brutal and unforgiving. As usual, Morrison and his right wing party did nothing .  He was the same with the bushfires, climate change action and in obtaining vaccines. Just a Murdoch puppet. I hope he is voted out in the next election. 

I hope Australia takes in thousands of Refugees from Afghanistan. I know that Australians are disgusted by how the people of Afghanistan have been abandoned. 

Oh I read otherwise. 

Right wing parties are the worst. In Spain those imbeciles are laughing at feminists for mobilising to make governments act and save the girls and women there, telling them to go to Kabul. 

The level of venom of those people is appalling.

The situation is getting more and more confusing. On German TV they had military people that were part of ISAF and they are wondering why the Afghan military and government surrendered immediately with hardly any resistance, especially in Kabul. They had way more people and were better equipped than the Taliban. And why the president left the country so early. Their only conclusion is that there was actually a deal between the Taliban and the Afghan military and government. What they don't understand is how this deal (if there was indeed one) could have been negotiated without the US or other foreign intelligence taking notice. 

8 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The situation is getting more and more confusing. On German TV they had military people that were part of ISAF and they are wondering why the Afghan military and government surrendered immediately with hardly any resistance, especially in Kabul. They had way more people and were better equipped than the Taliban. And why the president left the country so early. Their only conclusion is that there was actually a deal between the Taliban and the Afghan military and government. What they don't understand is how this deal (if there was indeed one) could have been negotiated without the US or other foreign intelligence taking notice. 

Αn ex Afghan minister who lives in Greece stated that this sudden surrender could not had happened without a deal between the Taliban and the US government 

14 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

On 8/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, karbatal said:

The West only will care when the refugees come. To stop them in Turkey and criminalise them calling them terrorists. 

I feel totally sick. Ashamed and angry. 

The amount of pain from monsters such as Reagan. His blame in Afghanistan, in the Iran Iraq war, in the crack epidemic, in the deaths of aids. And nobody burns his legend? He's surely burning in hell

Oh apparently he’s like Jesus now and George bush is now the second coming I can’t 

The abrupt US pullout is just very wrong, it's shameful... It was done so abruptly that even the US military wasn't able to secure their armaments and warfare equipments now in the hands of the Taliban. These are worth billions. What a f*cked up pullout this is. 

2 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

The abrupt US pullout is just very wrong, it's shameful... It was done so abruptly that even the US military wasn't able to secure their armaments and warfare equipments now in the hands of the Taliban. These are worth billions. What a f*cked up pullout this is. 

well...Americans have no shame and an incompetent president so the worst can be expected