Biden / U.S. Politics thread

Camacho

14 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Yes you‘re right I cant believe thats happening 

they did do only shit for the past 20 years 

those poor people children women etc who will be slaughtered now and the west only watches 

That's a real tragedy. 

It's rich listening to Republicans criticize this mess when they were the biggest cheerleaders of nation building and planting democracies wherever they saw fit. It was never about implementing democracy anywhere. It was always about money, greed, and power. 

Now all the chickens are coming home to roost over in Afghanistan and they're clutching their pearls. It's disgraceful.

20 years, countless lives lost trillions of dollars spent. And absolutely nothing over this is better off than it was in 2001. An epic tragedy.   

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

It's rich listening to Republicans criticize this mess when they were the biggest cheerleaders of nation building and planting democracies wherever they saw fit. It was never about implementing democracy anywhere. It was always about money, greed, and power. 

Now all the chickens are coming home to roost over in Afghanistan and they're clutching their pearls. It's disgraceful.

20 years, countless lives lost trillions of dollars spent. And absolutely nothing over this is better off than it was in 2001. An epic tragedy.   

And many could see this inevitable conclusion 20 years ago. Unless we stay forever, this was always going to be the outcome. The conflict NEVER ends in the middle east, we were just a complication in the middle of it all. The US needs to stay out of everyone's damn business.......we are BARELY keeping our own Democracy together, time to focus on THAT.

My heart hurts for the poor Afghani people though during this time. Like you said, it's heartbreaking to think back at all the lives lost over the past 20 years, including the American soldiers. Not to sound cold but it just all seems so pointless and avoidable.

22 hours ago, sotos8 said:

do you mean Germany was a democracy before 1933?

From 1918 to 1933 it was a parlamentary democracy. Before that a constituational monarchy. But the democratic movement goes back until 1848 when elections to the National Assembly in Frankfurt were hold. The first German parliament was at Frankfurts Paulskirche. Their main goal was to create one German National State and give it a constitution. It failed. It could not be achieved until 1871. But only after WW1 and the resignation of the German emperor, Germany became a democracy by definition.

5 hours ago, sotos8 said:

the big question imo was Biden the best choice to lead US at this point? 

If the alternative was the orange cunt and his fascist enablers, then hell yes.
The more important question is: is he an old dinosaur who still believes the “other side” will play ball fairly? 

58 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

If the alternative was the orange cunt and his fascist enablers, then hell yes.
The more important question is: is he an old dinosaur who still believes the “other side” will play ball fairly? 

well .. if the Americans have to choose between an old man with dementia and Trump ''cunt'' then they are fucked and as it's very obvious right now the whole world is fucked too

15 hours ago, sotos8 said:

They screwed up Bernie for this shit. 

but I think Biden pulling out was the right thing to do. They shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

It’s all about greed and money and power and sacrificing lives in the process.

fuck this shit 

17 hours ago, sotos8 said:

Yes, everything but Trump. Having said that, Afghanistan was a major fuck up for Biden, but I guess from the info it’s obvious all is a consequence of the Trump administration and their deals with the Talibans. However this is not a great look for Biden, especially from the point of view of Europe 

On 8/19/2021 at 11:18 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

Ronald Reagan was suffering from severe dementia during his re-election campaign in 1984 and he still won. The world has survived it as well as him and the earth is still spinning. Just saying…

We're still cleaning up his shit. 

22 hours ago, acko said:

We're still cleaning up his shit. 

Countless coup d'etats, the war on drugs, trickle down economics, deregulation, the privatization of prisons, policies that have led to a massive rise in incarceration rates... 

We could go on and on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, Junior said:

Kelly’s not taking it well!

'Honorable' WTF

What is the deal with her (full Trump MAGA con-artist on a grifting spree) and her husband (full anti-Trump con-artist on a grifting spree) and the daughter who went on American Idol but before the election accused the mother of child abuse?

I don't trust either of the parents.

Good riddance to her btw and hope her book is a FLOP whenever it comes out....

• 3 weeks later...

Same dog with different collar. 

This mess with Australia and UK has left the EU thinking he's just as random as Trump. 

Watching the Netflix documentary on 11S shows too that no matter who is in the White House they are all a bunch of CUNTS in foreign affairs. The documentary in HBO about the opioids scandal shows that they are all a bunch of psychos. The docu about crack too. From Reagan to Clinton to Obama... Incredibly disgusting human beings. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:17 AM, karbatal said:

Same dog with different collar. 

This mess with Australia and UK has left the EU thinking he's just as random as Trump. 

Watching the Netflix documentary on 11S shows too that no matter who is in the White House they are all a bunch of CUNTS in foreign affairs. The documentary in HBO about the opioids scandal shows that they are all a bunch of psychos. The docu about crack too. From Reagan to Clinton to Obama... Incredibly disgusting human beings. 

I agree. Greedy of power. Money talks - only money, nothing else. 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:17 PM, karbatal said:

Hmm. No-one could beat Trump, but Biden has done like so little to make amends with EU, hasn't he? I mean do USA not care at all about EU at this point? Would EU even be in the alley club or what? As far as I know the Afganistan withdrawal was never even coordinated with EU and now this deal wit AUS, for which the French had to learn from the press? He still is better than Trump, but it seems like the focus of USA is firmly on Asia (and China) and Europe is just there... Weird.

10 hours ago, elijah said:

Hmm. No-one could beat Trump, but Biden has done like so little to make amends with EU, hasn't he? I mean do USA not care at all about EU at this point? Would EU even be in the alley club or what? As far as I know the Afganistan withdrawal was never even coordinated with EU and now this deal wit AUS, for which the French had to learn from the press? He still is better than Trump, but it seems like the focus of USA is firmly on Asia (and China) and Europe is just there... Weird.

Both USA and UK live in a glorious romanticised past where they are still number one respected countries. Truth is far different. 

The EU is far better without those. It is frankly a pity that Russia took the wrong route because it's always been the logic partner for Europe. Sadly we can't partner with Russia.

It does feel like we've jumped from the frying pan into the fire with Biden in terms of real world issues. Obviously not all are of his doing and most have been festering for years, but none of this bodes well for the midterms or 2024. This country has no attention span, so if things really start to implode, just enough people may start to feel nostalgic for Trump to get him into the White House again. 

22 hours ago, elijah said:

It's not coincidence that only a week after the new alliance is formed France sold to Greece battleships costing 10 billion euros with of course the agreement of the US .

That's why i don't believe for a second that France didn't know about the AUCUS 

11 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

It does feel like we've jumped from the frying pan into the fire with Biden in terms of real world issues. Obviously not all are of his doing and most have been festering for years, but none of this bodes well for the midterms or 2024. This country has no attention span, so if things really start to implode, just enough people may start to feel nostalgic for Trump to get him into the White House again. 

When Trump is your better option, just give up.

7 hours ago, sotos8 said:

It's not coincidence that only a week after the new alliance is formed France sold to Greece battleships costing 10 billion euros with of course the agreement of the US .

That's why i don't believe for a second that France didn't know about the AUCUS 

Well Greece-France deal is far from surprising having in mind the Turkey-Greek tension around the gas/border in the Eastern Mediterranean. I still remember France and Italy and maybe Spain were the ones who firmly backed Greece and Germany tried to mediate between Turkey and Greece. I d say this is kind of expected. And it’s high time for EU defence, on that subject. But of course u are probably right the French were in the know. Maybe the french “rage” has a lot to do with the upcoming elections in France

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hear Sleepy is turning up to the Glasgow climate summit (which was meant to be the USA's big showcase to save the planet) without an agreed measures package from his OWN side? Useless old codger.