Biden / U.S. Politics thread

Camacho

8 hours ago, elijah said:

Still classes and a heart over the previous thing.

I’m wandering how impossible  would be for someone not to be better then what was previously. So, indeed, there is, still something positive to acknowledge actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LSD said:

This is the legacy of FOX News and right wing talk radio. For two generations now, they have been poisoning the minds of about 40-45% of the population. And it works. Unfortunately, for those brainwashed by the "Democrats are the enemy" message, all their victories are Pyrrhic.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:29 AM, Junior said:

isn't it nice when a committee of men want to decide what other people should think, maybe it is time to leave this club of rusty old men, maybe also time they should loose privileges in German speaking countries, based on old political decisions as back as 1803

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, Genevieve Vavance said:

Biden is such an asshole for calling the NATO troops back from Afghanistan  

I'd say it's US and NATO's fault, not only Biden

The Afghani situation spanned 4 U.S. Presidents. Obviously, we cannot do effective nation building. As bad as I feel for the people there, I don't believe there is much that could be done unless we just stayed forever. 

I feel sorry for the women and girls. I feel sorry for those who helped the international troups. They all might be in danger. 

But I'm not surprised. Afganistan is a special place. The Soviets had to give up at some point, now the NATO troups have given up. And the Afgani troups and government surrendered immediately with hardly any signs of resistance. Some countries are simply not made for democracy. Sorry to say that. But it is what it is. The same goes for some countries in the middle east. Maybe this is the lesson the West has to learn. I don't remember any country that has been liberated and where democracy was successfully implemented from an outside source. (The USA tend to claim they brought democracy to Germany after WW2, which of course is utter nonsense since Germany was very much a democracy before the war). It appears the will to overcome certain situations can only come from within. History has shown, there is no other way. It has always been that way. Revolutions in Europe, civil war in the United States. 

23 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I feel sorry for the women and girls. I feel sorry for those who helped the international troups. They all might be in danger. 

But I'm not surprised. Afganistan is a special place. The Soviets had to give up at some point, now the NATO troups have given up. And the Afgani troups and government surrendered immediately with hardly any signs of resistance. Some countries are simply not made for democracy. Sorry to say that. But it is what it is. The same goes for some countries in the middle east. Maybe this is the lesson the West has to learn. I don't remember any country that has been liberated and where democracy was successfully implemented from an outside source. (The USA tend to claim they brought democracy to Germany after WW2, which of course is utter nonsense since Germany was very much a democracy before the war). It appears the will to overcome certain situations can only come from within. History has shown, there is no other way. It has always been that way. Revolutions in Europe, civil war in the United States. 

do you mean Germany was a democracy before 1933?

21 hours ago, runa said:

I'd say it's US and NATO's fault, not only Biden

Yes you‘re right I cant believe thats happening 

they did do only shit for the past 20 years 

those poor people children women etc who will be slaughtered now and the west only watches