Ted Cruz - while Texas freezes, he holidays

Jazzy Jan

So how can anyone in America defend this excuse for a senator.  Watching the American news tonight and I can’t believe that he was going on a luxury holiday while his state had no power, food or water and people are dying. 😟 will Republicans accept this  ?   How about him trying to weasel out of it when he was caught ! Politicians are getting worse and worse everywhere. No sense of any leadership or responsibility to their own state and citizens. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So how can anyone in America defend this excuse for a senator.  Watching the American news tonight and I can’t believe that he was going on a luxury holiday while his state had no power, food or water and people are dying. 😟 will Republicans accept this  ?   How about him trying to weasel out of it when he was caught ! Politicians are getting worse and worse everywhere. No sense of any leadership or responsibility to their own state and citizens. 

Just like our ScoMo pissing off to Hawaii while Australia burned!

More shit coming out.... :rolleyes: 

Ted Cruz's wife texted neighbours inviting them to flee 'freezing' homes to Mexican resort
Nick Allen | Fri, 19 February 2021, 11:43 pm·3-min read

ff7a1d8ade9df00b2cd23ce1819fef87

Ted Cruz has faced condemnation from Texans as leaked text messages showed his wife had planned a four-day family break in Mexico as millions in the storm-ravaged state went without power.

Heidi Cruz sent a group text message to friends saying their home was “FREEZING” and they "couldn't stand it anymore". She asked if anyone wanted to join a trip to Cancun, Mexico and suggested the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

According to the messages, leaked to the New York Times, Mrs Cruz wrote: "Anyone can or want to leave for the week? We may go to Cancun there is a direct flights at 4:45pm and hotels w capacity. Seriously. Covid test to come back which we will take there."

She added: "The Ritz Carlton has rooms at like $300 and we've been there many times great property god security etc no issues."

Mr Cruz, who lives in Houston and represents Texas as a US senator, has been lambasted for the trip.

Texas has been plunged into chaos by a devastating snow storm which left millions, including the Cruz family, without electricity.

Mr Cruz and his family left on Wednesday afternoon but, after being spotted at the airport, he issued a statement. The senator said he was just being a "good Dad" by taking his two daughters to Mexico.

He said they had asked to go on a trip with friends, given that school was cancelled for the week, and he was flying back on Thursday.

However, after returning, amid widespread questioning of his explanation, Mr Cruz confirmed he had originally been scheduled to stay in Mexico through the weekend.

The senator said he began second-guessing the trip the moment he first got on the plane.

He said: "It was obviously a mistake. In hindsight, I wouldn't have done it."

The trip was condemned by Democrats and Republicans, and could harm Mr Cruz's ambitions to be the Republican presidential nominee in 2024.

He finished second to Donald Trump last time there was a race for the Republican nomination in 2016. Allen West, chairman of the Texas Republican Party, said: "It's something that he has to answer to his constituents about.

"I'm here trying to take care of my family and look after my friends and others that are still without power. That's my focus."

The extreme weather has been blamed for the deaths of at least 57 people in Texas and nearby states. After five days of outages many Texans now have power back, although 185,000 businesses and homes were still without it on Friday.

The weather affected drinking water systems and seven million people, a quarter of the Texas population, were told to boil tap water before drinking it.

Guest jamesshot

This weather event was not fun. Texas, according to the Texas Tribune, came within seconds of having a months long catastrophe power grid failure Monday morning. Months long. This is republican governance. 

I don’t get this hate he’s getting. Was he supposed to just send his girls alone ? Of course he did the right thing as a sad to accompanying them. 

On 2/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, GOD said:

I don’t get this hate he’s getting. Was he supposed to just send his girls alone ? Of course he did the right thing as a sad to accompanying them. 

They were with their mother. They weren't "alone" without him. FUCK him! 

The Texas freeze was truly horrific. People DIED. My house was so cold I basically just stayed under a blanket most of the time. My toilet had also frozen so I had to get creative when I had to use the bathroom. 

It was NOT pleasant! I'm just thankful to be able to tell the tale! 

11 minutes ago, Barbie said:

The Texas freeze was truly horrific. People DIED. My house was so cold I basically just stayed under a blanket most of the time. My toilet had also frozen so I had to get creative when I had to use the bathroom. 

It was NOT pleasant! I'm just thankful to be able to tell the tale! 

OMG! I'm glad you're alive & well 🥶

This should NOT be happening in America, no excuse!!!

2 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

OMG! I'm glad you're alive & well 🥶

This should NOT be happening in America, no excuse!!!

honey it was a MESS let me tell you :rotfl:I remember a few days before this happened the news was like "arctic blast going to hit Texas soon. Prepare the best you can" and I kinda just rolled my eyes like "yeah, sure"

the next thing I know I have no electricity and I can't flush my toilet :chuckle:

I hope it never happens again. 

43 minutes ago, Barbie said:

...the news was like "arctic blast going to hit Texas soon. Prepare the best you can" and I kinda just rolled my eyes like "yeah, sure"

:rotfl: Mother Nature said:

tumblr_pea5gnkH4J1qzjr2jo4_r1_400.gifv

But really tho!!! The entire time, I’m in Maryland thinking about all the elderly folks, people with young children, etc. -What a fucked up way to bring in the year!

18 hours ago, Barbie said:

They were with their mother. They weren't "alone" without him. FUCK him! 

I think he did the right thing to go and drop them off and come back, I don’t think he was gonna stay with them for the rest of the trip. 

22 hours ago, GOD said:

I think he did the right thing to go and drop them off and come back, I don’t think he was gonna stay with them for the rest of the trip. 

He came back because he got caught and was trying to save face. Don't even try with that bs. He's a slimy piece of shit.

7 hours ago, GOD said:

Now he’s approval ratings are plummeting. This is fucked up. Cruz doesn’t control the weather 

He doesn't have much common sense either. Like most "conservatives"

fuck him and anyone who defends him. 

How anyone can defend him is beyond me. He is an elected official. Elected by the citizens of his state to represent his state, to work in the interest of his state. Every responsible politician would have told his family to stay home because there are things way more important once a natural desaster happens. In such case, family has to step back. This is what families of people in the highest positions have to realize and is something that is generally accepted. Yet he thought this does not apply to him. As mentiomed before he did not need to fly, the mother was there. Furthermore, this move was completely stupid from a PR point of view. If he was clever, he had told his family, this is not the time to travel to Mexico when there is a desaster going on, when there are thousands and thousands of Texans suffering. There is no excuse for what he did. None. 

17 hours ago, Barbie said:

NEXT.

Apparently it was his daughter’s luggage he was carrying it for them. What a decent politician.

17 hours ago, Barbie said:

He came back because he got caught and was trying to save face. Don't even try with that bs. He's a slimy piece of shit.

He rushed back to hand out bottles of water and other supplies to families in need, he can’t do is control the weather 

19 hours ago, Barbie said:

He doesn't have much common sense either. Like most "conservatives"

fuck him and anyone who defends him. 

19 hours ago, Barbie said:

and don't quote me bitch I'm done with you and this discussion. 

Are those meant for me?why  coz I defended the truth ? 

@Kim  OMG,  Did you see this idiotic Ted Cruz quoting Braveheart and yelling " Freedom"  at the conservative conference. Was laughed about all over TV shows here.   All Scots should be offended at this spineless coward trying to align himself with freedom fighters.