MAGA Insurrection in DC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, LSD said:

13 hours ago, runa said:

That’s exactly why I have ZERO respect for these uneducated assholes. :sick:

Terrifying how many of these idiots proudly compare themselves to Holocaust victims. They are sickening and shockingly ignorant and offensive. 

The more appropriate question is: why haven't these Republicans already been called fascists at this point? Sickening. Trying to overthrow a democratic election and then whining and bitching afterwards for biased coverage by the “fake media”, being wrongly portrayed and other nonsense victimhood bullshit. 

I definitely have had my reservations about how much the 1/6 Committee will actually be able to achieve when all is said and done but hearing the AG be so explicit in how far and wide he's willing to take this gives me a glimmer of hope. There must be accountability from the TOP all the way down. 

I´m incredibly surprised at how loosely this event has settled.I mean, this is the country where they still discuss about JFK´s bullet, the moon landing...and this coup is looked as 3 crazy people having a bad day?

For 48 hours it truly felt like a 9/11 type moment. We all were watching the same horrific images on screen and for the first time in a LONG time we were collectively horrified as a nation. 

Then the Trump propaganda machine kicked into overdrive. And his minions got out there to deflect, blame, and shrug their shoulders. 

I don’t believe this country is able to come together for anything anymore. If NYC got nuked tomorrow, it’d be politicized within a couple days. If a god damn pandemic and something as simple as wearing  a fucking mask is controversial & political, well, there’s just no hope anymore. 

6 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

For 48 hours it truly felt like a 9/11 type moment. We all were watching the same horrific images on screen and for the first time in a LONG time we were collectively horrified as a nation. 

Then the Trump propaganda machine kicked into overdrive. And his minions got out there to deflect, blame, and shrug their shoulders. 

I don’t believe this country is able to come together for anything anymore. If NYC got nuked tomorrow, it’d be politicized within a couple days. If a god damn pandemic and something as simple as wearing  a fucking mask is controversial & political, well, there’s just no hope anymore. 

This sounds so bleak and helpless, yet it's so very true. 

I honestly don't know what it will be to finally tip this over the edge, but I feel like it's not in the too terribly distant future. We've been able to withstand a lot as a nation over the past nearly 250 years but this current assault on truth and facts to the degree that it is thanks in large part to social media, is just something I just don't think we'll be able to overcome. It's not that we just disagree on issues, we live in two completely separate realities. 

Seeing the people throwing hissy fits over masks, saying with a straight face COVID isn't real....or is just a "flu" and how short sighted people seem to be about 1/6 has just been really really disheartening to me. As horrible as it was 2016-2019, 2020 and 2021 have been so eye opening at just how SICK we are as a nation....literally and figuratively. 

10 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I honestly don't know what it will be to finally tip this over the edge, but I feel like it's not in the too terribly distant future. We've been able to withstand a lot as a nation over the past nearly 250 years but this current assault on truth and facts to the degree that it is thanks in large part to social media, is just something I just don't think we'll be able to overcome. It's not that we just disagree on issues, we live in two completely separate realities. 

Seeing the people throwing hissy fits over masks, saying with a straight face COVID isn't real....or is just a "flu" and how short sighted people seem to be about 1/6 has just been really really disheartening to me. As horrible as it was 2016-2019, 2020 and 2021 have been so eye opening at just how SICK we are as a nation....literally and figuratively. 

Agree with both of you. I truly thought the whole of America would of been so horrified by the sickening events last year which were shown everywhere. I really thought it would bring America together in disgust at the heinous attack on their country’s democracy. Yet, more and more I see crazy far right conspiracy theorists who deny facts and science gaining popularity and support.  It is extremely frightening and so hard to understand. It is if human intelligence is receding and we are heading back to barbarism. 

14 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I like to think of myself a naturally optimistic person, but I have lost all faith in society after the election of Donald Trump. And that faith hit rock bottom after 2020. 

If you want to live in a world in which Trump won by millions of votes, the entire election was rigged, and you're looking up to individuals such as Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz, you can. You can, because it's become mainstream. Prior to 2016, these fringe theories regarding 9/11, Global Warming, Sandy Hook, etc were on the total fringe of society. But when you elect the King Conspiracist to the Oval Office, this is what happens to a society. When you elect a man who creates his own reality and facts, you get to live in that world with him. It's horrifying. I mean, this is a guy who literally politicized wild fires in California. WILD FIRES! 

No matter WHAT goes wrong in this country, Trump and is acolytes WILL find a way to blame the elites, liberals,  and democrats for it. Whether they're in power or not, it's never their fault. And 45% of the country will follow them down their rabbit hole. It's horrid. And will only get worse. 

• 4 months later...

Anyone else watching 1/6 hearings? They're actually doing an amazing job at connecting the dots, telling the full story. The best part is a lot of the story is being told by Trump allies, cabinet members and judges appointed by Trump. Whether something comes of this of course is another story but the committee certainly is laying out a great case for DOJ. At what point is ignoring the results of the election and perpetuating a lie that it was "solen" from him with ZERO evidence to back it up just flat out willful blindness?? I know the "Q crowd" will never believe this even with all the evidence but I do believe some independent voters may find it revolting. 

Hearing 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr3z2ObaWQM

Hearing 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywy1MMWLRug

• 1 year later...