MAGA Insurrection in DC

On 1/10/2021 at 9:42 AM, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I don't know if it's just the circles I move in, but this storming of the capital has generated a lot of meme content, and at first, I've reacted to the whole thing with a big smirk on my face. Think Jamiroquai jokes, the fact that one of the guys accidentally tasered his own nutsack to death, etc etc.

But the footage emerging from this whole thing increasingly shows how sinister it was. Video footage of a police man crushed so hard by the crowd that he starts coughing up blood. Members in the crowd calling for 'heads on pikes'. People inside the building with spears and cable ties to take hostages. Even the nutsack guy had a weapon, it just accidentally backfired on him.

Calling this a rightwing terrorist attack is not hyperbole. And the thought of some police there being sympathisers who let people in to the building makes my stomach sick. 

After the event, they found a truck nearby containing napalm-like explosives.

America has a big problem with these right-wing extremists, and I feel like they are exporting this problem all around the world to other countries in the name of free speech. It's like having little terrorist cells pop up all over the country and around the world. And yet, if you listen to the newspapers and politicians in my country, it's the left-wing "extremists" who chain themselves to trees and bulldozers who are the supposed danger to us all.

What crazy and strange times we live in. Up is down, black is white, bad is good and good is bad.

Agree. So many are under estimating right wing extremists. They are extremely angry hateful people who love violence.  So many of them follow their families beliefs as are somewhat brainwashed as children. 

Unfortunately, Murdoch owns so many newspapers and tv news stations worldwide and his right wing views are constantly in major papers. 

@Bitch I'm Christian so relieved that many in Australia are rejecting Murdoch’s message. I have noticed recently that so many people are calling him out.  Hope that is also happening worldwide. 

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

They were all so proud the day of :rotfl:taking a stand! stop the steal!  now they're all crying for a pardon :chuckle:

According to press, Trump offers pardon for 2 million, :lol:

An associate of Rudy Giuliani told a former CIA officer that a Trump pardon would 'cost $2 million': report

I don't understand this pardoning gig. A president can quash a conviction and set someone free from jail? Like WTF??

I think it's absurd. What was the point in sending these people to prison in the first place if a president can pardon them on a whim?

4 hours ago, nightcutter said:

I think it's absurd. What was the point in sending these people to prison in the first place if a president can pardon them on a whim?

Because normally the president isn't a complete corrupt idiot. However, I think Michael Moore said Clinton issued some pardons that were questionable.

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Because normally the president isn't a complete corrupt idiot. However, I think Michael Moore said Clinton issued some pardons that were questionable.

Good answer. And most Presidents aren’t orange sleazebag criminals either. “Questionable pardons” still ain’t on Orange Judas’ level of crime. I’d rather we have a hundred Clinton’s than even a 1/2 a stump. 

10 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Agree totally Nightcutter. Ridiculous dangerous and unfair. 

I hope the madness the Trump presidency gave rise to will force American policymakers on both sides of the aisle to renegotiate parts of the Constitution that may well have worked 100+ years ago but that are no longer able to be reconciled with where we've been or are headed. A lot is outmoded.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, nightcutter said:

I don't understand this pardoning gig. A president can quash a conviction and set someone free from jail? Like WTF??

Most Presidents of many nations have that power, fyi... and it is mostly from recommendations from Bureau of Prisons or something... 

• 1 month later...