MAGA Insurrection in DC

Guest eroticerotic

I don't know why but it's taking me back to pre 9/11 when we thought we were indestructible and fully secured. Then we found out about all the missed red flags.

This is very concerning, and I'm sure our enemies took note.

I don't know if it's just the circles I move in, but this storming of the capital has generated a lot of meme content, and at first, I've reacted to the whole thing with a big smirk on my face. Think Jamiroquai jokes, the fact that one of the guys accidentally tasered his own nutsack to death, etc etc.

But the footage emerging from this whole thing increasingly shows how sinister it was. Video footage of a police man crushed so hard by the crowd that he starts coughing up blood. Members in the crowd calling for 'heads on pikes'. People inside the building with spears and cable ties to take hostages. Even the nutsack guy had a weapon, it just accidentally backfired on him.

Calling this a rightwing terrorist attack is not hyperbole. And the thought of some police there being sympathisers who let people in to the building makes my stomach sick. 

After the event, they found a truck nearby containing napalm-like explosives.

America has a big problem with these right-wing extremists, and I feel like they are exporting this problem all around the world to other countries in the name of free speech. It's like having little terrorist cells pop up all over the country and around the world. And yet, if you listen to the newspapers and politicians in my country, it's the left-wing "extremists" who chain themselves to trees and bulldozers who are the supposed danger to us all.

What crazy and strange times we live in. Up is down, black is white, bad is good and good is bad.

Guest jamesshot

I am beside myself. 

I haven’t read the replies to this thread yet. I am very interested in how our friends in other countries feel about this. I am humiliated as an American that this happened. 

I’ve been in tears.

Guest jamesshot

Rupert Murdoch needs to be expelled from the USA or charged. This motherfucker has caused so much damage around the world with his lies and propaganda. 

What happened on 1/6/21 is so despicable. America was attacked from within by right wing domestic terrorists. It was sickening, shocking, but not surprising. 

Police as well as active and retired military were involved. Members of Congress likely helped these terrorists know where certain offices were located. This runs deep and the severity cannot be diminished. 

And @IsaacHarriswas correct- if this were black and brown PEACEFUL protesters, they would have been, and have been, treated worse than these terrorists. If they acted like these terrorists, we’d have thousands of dead terrorists instead of dozens of arrests. 

The Republican Party needs to be destroyed by voting them all out, shaming their donors, and showing how destructive their lies, lies they do not believe, have radicalized their voters. 

Guest eroticerotic

im really saddened by how easy it is for people to get caught up in extremism, and want to argue endlessly and not see the forest before the trees and feel empowered by that. ?? I used to think the two party system needed reform for us to not continue to be collateral damage, but, I'm not so sure anymore. I don't know if it is a political party problem. I think alot of people just have contempt and hate inside them for some reason and worsens instead of lessens over time for them.

I felt sick in my stomach last couple days, trying to keep up with the weight of what has happened; the only thing I know is that we better buckle our seatbelts if this is how we starting 2021.

Had posted a comment about this on IG and all the sub replies to it are people going at it with each other. lol it's so exhausting.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, Dany Targaryen said:

They're saying that Trump purposedly misplaced the security away from the capital, so the MAGA could get in.

I'm sorry, but if that's true, it's high treason.

I pray to the heavens that this is true and that there's evidence. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him in prison.

BLOTUS basically shot himself in the foot with this seditious act. He’s a pariah. NYC’s Mayor will cancel various contracts with the trump org which brings in $17 million yearly. Douche bank cut him off too. The PGA ending its relationship with BLOTUS’ golf courses. He’s basically toast. 

Even cut from his cameo in Home Alone. 

....only his idiot base will love him now