2020 U.S. Election: Congratulations Biden and Harris!

Camacho

America finally took a breath after 4 years and it was evident by the celebrations all around the nation. NYC was revitalized. Joy and hope filled the streets again no riots no violence only peace and love. A historic moment in time. I wish I could be out there celebrating with everyone. God Bless Biden and Harris. 

I love that Trump's press conference was mistakenly booked at Four Seasons Landscaping Service and not the hotel!

:rotfl:

10 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

Will he though? He might run again they r saying and if not his apprentice Donald Trump JR 🤢🤮

The Republican party will drop him. He'll create a new party which will divide the conservatives and in the end he will be involuntary helping the democrats win until 2032

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

The Republican party will drop him. He'll create a new party which will divide the conservatives and in the end he will be involuntary helping the democrats win until 2032

I hope you are right! 

5 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

If you take Pennsylvannia for example, they received over 2.5 million mail ballots. There is a State law in PA on the books that mail-in ballots cannot start to be processed until election day. The Democratic Governor and election officials in PA tried to have that law changed this year because of the anticipated high number of mail-in ballots due to Covid, but the Republican controlled legislature in PA blocked it. The Republicans did this for a very specific reason. Republican voters were mostly planning to vote in person on or before election day (Trump has been complaining about mail-in ballots all year and encouraged republicans to vote in person), while many Democrats had decided to vote by mail due to covid. Any in-person voting either done early or on election day is tabulated on voting machines and is reported out on election night. The voter verification for each person is done at the voting facility at the time the vote is made and that work is spread out over lots of voting locations. So on election night, all those votes were already tabulated. It was probably around 4-4.5 million votes, and Trump was way ahead (700K ahead in fact).

The processing of the 2.5 million mail-in ballots did not start in some places in PA until Election day and in other places in the State, the day after. It takes a lot of time to process them because each ballot has to be verified (signature verification, checking against voting registry to ensure a valid voter, and then they have to check that the person did not also vote in person already). Therefore most of the 2.5 million were not counted on election night (they had 2 million left to do Wednesday morning I think) and it has taken them days to get through the volume. I think they still have Provisional votes left - which have to go last because they are votes when people have requested a mail-in ballot but then turn up at the polling location on election day and ask to vote in person. 100K people in PA did that this year because the mail has been so fucked up (thanks DeJoy). If people were worried that their returned ballot wouldn't arrive in time to the electoral office, they might have gone to the voting booth and asked to do a provisional vote. It is counted last, so that if the mail-in ballot has already been received, the provisional vote is discarded. A lot of the remaining 100k votes will end up being discarded probably.

The red mirage of Trump being the winner on election night was entirely intentional from the Republicans. This was Trump's plan, so that he could subsequently claim fraud and bogus ballots because most of the mail-in votes are 'mysteriously' going to Biden.  There is of course no mystery to it, but when did that ever stop Trump from lying?

I think PA has been particularly slow as well due to the fact that this is the first major election where mail-in ballots have been such a big part of the voting percentage for them - so it has been a learning experience. States like Colorado, Utah and Oregon are already 100% mail-in ballots but have been for a long time so they have the experience now about how to deal with the volumes efficiently.

The same issue with not being able to start counting mail-in ballots until election day was also true in Wisconsin and Michigan (again allowing for starting processing earlier was blocked by Republican legislatures in each of those States). The same pattern of big lead for Trump on election night with Biden eventually catching up and winning, happened in both those places. They finished quicker because they had fewer mail-in ballots I think.

Other states like Florida were basically done on election night despite mail-in ballots, because they can start processing those ballots when they are received. In Florida it was Biden that had the early lead on election night due to mail-in ballots being counted first and then Trump overtook with day-of in person votes.

Sorry for the super long post. I hope that helps a bit...

Very informative, thank you!

Wow look at these past electoral map election results!

https://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/

I didn’t know the electoral vote winners were so extreme decades ago. The Reagan and Nixon years, ouch! I knew they far outvoted the Democrat opponents but not by THAT much. 

1972 Nixon (520 votes) vs McGovern (17 votes)

1972_large.png

1980 Reagan (489 votes) vs Carter (49 votes)

1980_large.png

1984 Reagan (525 votes) vs Mondale (13 votes) 

1984_large.png

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

He's having financial difficulty.

I doubt he would spend his own money to create a new party.

13 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

That would be marvelous. His only purpose is to counteract trumps craziness because he’s the most meh person on the planet 

He's kind of faded into the background . Praying h e will be staying there for good . 

Those map images are something. Not that all roads lead to Madonna, but gentle reminder that it was in just such an absolute morass where and when she began her work to make all of our lives better. Queen.

Can't stop thinking of the photos of Trump's return to the White House yesterday. Even the optics of his hat, white then instead of red, like a hopeless, failed matador wielding another kind of flag.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHWwCKfJkmf/?igshid=vnwhpmihxx7m

this sums it up perfectly what we r all thinking!  It’s hilarious watch it!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHWwCKfJkmf/?igshid=vnwhpmihxx7m

this sums it up perfectly what we r all thinking!  It’s hilarious watch it!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I missed it! 😭

Sorry, this page isn't available.

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Go back to Instagram.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, ULIZOS said:

That would be marvelous. His only purpose is to counteract trumps craziness because he’s the most meh person on the planet 

He kind of disappeared during the campaign.  Which was a good thing .

On 11/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, swimtoshore said:

If you take Pennsylvannia for example, they received over 2.5 million mail ballots. There is a State law in PA on the books that mail-in ballots cannot start to be processed until election day. The Democratic Governor and election officials in PA tried to have that law changed this year because of the anticipated high number of mail-in ballots due to Covid, but the Republican controlled legislature in PA blocked it. The Republicans did this for a very specific reason. Republican voters were mostly planning to vote in person on or before election day (Trump has been complaining about mail-in ballots all year and encouraged republicans to vote in person), while many Democrats had decided to vote by mail due to covid. Any in-person voting either done early or on election day is tabulated on voting machines and is reported out on election night. The voter verification for each person is done at the voting facility at the time the vote is made and that work is spread out over lots of voting locations. So on election night, all those votes were already tabulated. It was probably around 4-4.5 million votes, and Trump was way ahead (700K ahead in fact).

The processing of the 2.5 million mail-in ballots did not start in some places in PA until Election day and in other places in the State, the day after. It takes a lot of time to process them because each ballot has to be verified (signature verification, checking against voting registry to ensure a valid voter, and then they have to check that the person did not also vote in person already). Therefore most of the 2.5 million were not counted on election night (they had 2 million left to do Wednesday morning I think) and it has taken them days to get through the volume. I think they still have Provisional votes left - which have to go last because they are votes when people have requested a mail-in ballot but then turn up at the polling location on election day and ask to vote in person. 100K people in PA did that this year because the mail has been so fucked up (thanks DeJoy). If people were worried that their returned ballot wouldn't arrive in time to the electoral office, they might have gone to the voting booth and asked to do a provisional vote. It is counted last, so that if the mail-in ballot has already been received, the provisional vote is discarded. A lot of the remaining 100k votes will end up being discarded probably.

The red mirage of Trump being the winner on election night was entirely intentional from the Republicans. This was Trump's plan, so that he could subsequently claim fraud and bogus ballots because most of the mail-in votes are 'mysteriously' going to Biden.  There is of course no mystery to it, but when did that ever stop Trump from lying?

I think PA has been particularly slow as well due to the fact that this is the first major election where mail-in ballots have been such a big part of the voting percentage for them - so it has been a learning experience. States like Colorado, Utah and Oregon are already 100% mail-in ballots but have been for a long time so they have the experience now about how to deal with the volumes efficiently.

The same issue with not being able to start counting mail-in ballots until election day was also true in Wisconsin and Michigan (again allowing for starting processing earlier was blocked by Republican legislatures in each of those States). The same pattern of big lead for Trump on election night with Biden eventually catching up and winning, happened in both those places. They finished quicker because they had fewer mail-in ballots I think.

Other states like Florida were basically done on election night despite mail-in ballots, because they can start processing those ballots when they are received. In Florida it was Biden that had the early lead on election night due to mail-in ballots being counted first and then Trump overtook with day-of in person votes.

Sorry for the super long post. I hope that helps a bit...

Wonderful explanation @swimtoshore

Trump’s fraud theory is infuriating, completely inaccurate and manipulative. Well planned in advance.  Trump and his cult have tried to destroy America’s democracy and the damage they have done in dividing America so vocally is vicious and self serving. 

46 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Wonderful explanation @swimtoshore

Trump’s fraud theory is infuriating, completely inaccurate and manipulative. Well planned in advance.  Trump and his cult have tried to destroy America’s democracy and the damage they have done in dividing America so vocally is vicious and self serving. 

Agree with everything (as always!). More generally, the tactic of Trump has always been to say a hundred different things in the hope that one of them turns out the be true, so he can say "See I told you", ignoring the 99 other things he said that were complete BS. So even if it wasnt about counting (legal and valid) votes after Tuesday, he would have found some other thing to say "I told you it was the Russians" or "I told you it was fake media" or whatever. This is classic psychopath behaviour.

Finally! It is time for the media, both on the right and the left side, to responsibility for what has happened over the past 5 years. If they hadn't let this big shit and all its enablers lie 24/7 for 5 years in order to get ratings, we wouldn't be at this level of journalism discredit.

1 hour ago, runa said:

Trump's tweet, today, are completely insane. He's totally out of his mind, :banghead:

this guy is DANGEROUS.

Yes I just took a look. Deranged and desperate. Even the craziest satire  movies and tv shows of dictators pale in comparison to the daily diarrhea we’ve had the past four years.