So last year I bitched and bitched about Madonna's then upcoming duet with Anitta

The most instantly accessible and likable song on the incredible MADAME X (along with maybe Crazy and BIL).

FG>BIL>Medellin>Soltera

I think FG then BIL as the first two singles would have been dynamite. It would also have made people's heads explode and obviously wouldn't have properly represented her vision for the album's theme/visuals.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, Junior said:

I love blasting this and singing along. I always imagined a video with the two of them getting dressed up and then out dancing on the streets of Brazil.

This just pisses me off tbh because it really would have been amazing. MADONNA WHY 😭

On 8/24/2020 at 9:30 PM, boy skeffington said:

The most instantly accessible and likable song on the incredible MADAME X (along with maybe Crazy and BIL).

FG>BIL>Medellin>Soltera

I think FG then BIL as the first two singles would have been dynamite. It would also have made people's heads explode and obviously wouldn't have properly represented her vision for the album's theme/visuals.

Madonna sounded so sexy on Soltera. I would have liked a very colorful video with Madonna looking immaculate in all her cougar glory :dramatic: throwing that WAP all over Maluma :dramatic:

7 hours ago, Barbie said:

This just pisses me off tbh because it really would have been amazing. MADONNA WHY 😭

Not to blame others and blindly defend Madonna, but ... I think we can give most of the responsibility (for the lack of a video) to Anitta. Madonna posted several IG photos with the caption “Waiting for Anitta” ... these were the photos of the nighttime shoot with her IG photographer — wearing the eyepatch and a black trench. (Several of them were incorporated into the Levitating Remix and Club Future Nostalgia collage cover art.)

I think that was a pretty public way for Madonna to express what she wanted to happen. Guess Anitta wasn’t interested? Or was too busy with her own stuff to drop everything and fly off to a video shoot with Madonna. Such a shame, though. 

This was my friend’s favorite song on Madame X. She and I saw CT and S&ST together — and then we were able to see Madame X together, too. (We both saw MDNAT and RHT, but in different cities, sadly. Time, travel, babies’ due dates! It was crazy!)

This friend used to have a karaoke b-day party every year, and hadn’t been able to for the past few years ... but this year, her husband organized a big one for her b-day, and she wanted to do an elaborate song and dance extravaganza performance! It was a medley with several Madonna songs, one Robyn, one Deee-lite, and one Britney. (I think I’m not leaving anything out. Oh! A Bjork one!) Anyway, one of the Madonna songs was Faz Gostoso! That’s how much she loves it! Her sister-in-law and I were her back-up dancers — we had a day of rehearsal and everything. It was so much fun, and I really enjoyed dancing to Faz Gostoso! It’s a great song. I wasn’t all that fussed about the original, honestly... so I wasn’t expecting much from the cover — but it really works! 

Worst part was knowing Faz Gostoso wasn’t in the setlist for MXT — my friend enjoyed the show, but was just slightly disappointed by the lack of Faz Gostoso. Didn’t help that Madonna kept repeating the phrase the night we saw her — during the fado club section. Even I was wondering if she was gonna add it to the setlist by surprise or something. Alas, no. 

Great song, though. 

13 hours ago, peter said:

Not to blame others and blindly defend Madonna, but ... I think we can give most of the responsibility (for the lack of a video) to Anitta. Madonna posted several IG photos with the caption “Waiting for Anitta” ... these were the photos of the nighttime shoot with her IG photographer — wearing the eyepatch and a black trench. (Several of them were incorporated into the Levitating Remix and Club Future Nostalgia collage cover art.)

I think that was a pretty public way for Madonna to express what she wanted to happen. Guess Anitta wasn’t interested? 

Yeah I'm not blaming Madonna at all. I am mostly kidding in here. So many people take my posts COMPLETELY seriously for some reason :chuckle: and honestly Madonna should have been like "hey bitch, I'm about to shoot a video for FG if you wanna be in it get here on this date" she should have filmed a vid with or without Anitta.

They could have gotten any random Latina to stand in and sing Anitta's parts :lmao: nobody would have cared. TBH. She's not irreplaceable in the way Madonna is. That's why I'm still pissed about the Levitating video. Madonna was NEEDED. There is no suitable replacement for MADONNA. We needed her. 

12 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

🥰🤗  I’m back(ish).

Just returned from Brazil with Anitta & M: we had a last minute video shoot for Faz so yall be on the lookout!

The hottest rumour in the industry is that a new mix is being released by Warner as a late summer hit, tied with a Madame X deluxe reissue in colored 8-track tape.