Saudi crown prince sent hit squad to Canada to kill former spy

horn

Oops! He did it again?!

THIS IS SICK!!!

Will Dumpster keep silence again since they are FRIENDS? :rolleyes: 

Saudi crown prince sent hit squad to Canada to kill former spy, lawsuit claims
Civil suit filed in U.S. accuses Mohammed bin Salman of orchestrating attempts to silence Saad Aljabri
The Canadian Press · Posted: Aug 06, 2020 2:33 PM ET | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

1052814206.jpg

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia sent a hit squad to Canada in an effort to hunt down and kill a former top intelligence official who knows too much, a civil lawsuit filed Thursday in the United States asserts. 

The 106-page unproven complaint, which reads like a spy thriller, accuses Mohammed bin Salman of orchestrating attempts to silence Saad Aljabri, a permanent resident of Canada.

The document describes Aljabri as a 39-year veteran of the government of Saudi Arabia with expertise in national security and counter-terrorism.

As such, it says, few people know more about bin Salman than he does, including his allegedly corrupt business dealings and creation of a team of personal mercenaries called the Tiger Squad.

Those mercenaries, the suit states, were behind the killing and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Turkey in 2018.

Mercenaries behind killing of Khashoggi, suit claims
In addition, Aljabri says he had a close working relationship with American intelligence over the decades. He is, he claims, uniquely positioned to threaten bin Salman's standing in Washington.

"Few places hold more sensitive, humiliating and damning information about defendant bin Salman than the mind and memory of Dr. Saad — except perhaps the recordings Dr. Saad made in anticipation of his killing," the claim asserts.

"That is why defendant bin Salman wants him dead, and why defendant bin Salman has worked to achieve that objective over the last three years."

saad-al-jabri.jpg

Saad Aljabri, a dual citizen of Malta and Saudi Arabia, fled the kingdom in 2017, first to Turkey and then secretly to Toronto, where he now lives. (Olivier Douliery/Getty Images)

None of the allegations in Aljabri's claim for damages in United States District Court for the District of Columbia have been tested.

Officials with the Saudi Embassy in Ottawa did not respond to a request for comment.

Canada aware of incidents
Public Safety Minister Bill Blair would not comment on the specific allegations in the lawsuit but said the government was aware of incidents in which foreign actors have tried to monitor, intimidate or threaten Canadians and people in Canada.

"It is completely unacceptable, and we will never tolerate foreign actors threatening Canada's national security or the safety of our citizens and residents," Blair said in a statement. "We invite people to report any such threats to law enforcement authorities."

Blair repeated Canada's condemnation of Khashoggi's murder and its support for a proper international investigation, saying that's why Ottawa imposed sanctions on 17 Saudi nationals linked to the killing. 

Aljabri, a dual citizen of Malta and Saudi Arabia, fled the kingdom in 2017, first to Turkey and then secretly to Toronto, where he now lives.

Bin Salman repeatedly ordered Aljabri to return home and threatened via instant messaging to "use all available means" and to "take measures that would be harmful to you," the complaint states.

'We shall certainly reach you'
"We shall certainly reach you," bin Salman allegedly insisted. 

According to the suit, which also names several top Saudi officials, Tiger Squad members arrived at Toronto Pearson Airport on tourist visas in mid-October 2018, less than two weeks after Khashoggi was murdered.

"Bin Salman in fact dispatched a hit squad to North America to kill Dr. Saad," the claim asserts.

To cover themselves, they entered through separate kiosks but aroused suspicion after claiming they did not know each other, the suit states.

Agents with the Canada Border Services Agency denied all but one of them entry, a squad member travelling on a diplomatic passport, the claim says. 

In the lawsuit, Aljabri claims a former colleague, Bijad Alharbi, showed up at his Toronto telecommunications company office posing as an investor and tried to persuade him to go to Turkey to visit family.

Although Aljabri refused, Alharbi had succeeded in pinpointing his location so the Tiger Squad could find him, the suit states.

"Bin Salman now plans to send agents directly through the United States to enter Canada by land and, once and for all, eliminate Dr. Saad," the suit says.

As a pressure tactic, the claim asserts bin Salman has ordered the detention and kidnapping of Aljabri's family members. noting two of his children "disappeared" in mid-March and other relatives have been arrested, detained and tortured. The suit also says Saudi agents hacked Aljabri's smartphones and froze his bank accounts.

Bin Salman took power in Saudi Arabia in 2017, after then-crown prince Mohammed bin Nayef was ousted. Human rights groups accuse him of bloody ruthlessness, including the killing of Khashoggi, whose body has never been found. 

The lawsuit also names Bader Alasaker, the head of bin Salman's private office. It accuses him of recruiting, training and bribing U.S.-based employees of Twitter to obtain confidential information about critics of bin Salman in the U.S.

Aljabri's American lawyers would not discuss the case, saying they would make arguments in court.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/saudi-hit-squad-aljabri-1.5676650

1 minute ago, horn said:

Bin Salman took power in Saudi Arabia in 2017, after then-crown prince Mohammed bin Nayef was ousted. Human rights groups accuse him of bloody ruthlessness, including the killing of Khashoggi, whose body has never been found. 

Has Dumpster ever accused him due to human rights? Never! Dumpster would probably said it's a fake news!

On 8/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, horn said:

Has Dumpster ever accused him due to human rights? Never! Dumpster would probably said it's a fake news!

Neither will the Democratic Party, both parties love selling weapons there.

3 hours ago, GOD said:

What did Clinton call it when they sign a massive weapons deal with those monsters? A Christmas miracle? A Christmas surprise? Stupid bitch. 

19 hours ago, GOD said:

👍

It's embarrassing

China and Russia are the Devil but Saudi Arabia who openly sponsors ISIS and Al Qaeda and Wahhabism in general is fine, go figure

And it's not just the US, it's the UK and the EU too. Unacceptable hypocrisy

So let me get this right, those Saudi secret service pros can waltz in and out any international embassy and kill undisturbed? Oh right they're getting all those billions to kill poor innocent Yemeni children with internationally banned weaponry, so that feels like the least

Shame on the hypocrisy of "The Unquestionable West". Keep using Saudi Arabia and Israel to trigger Iran, China etc and then you'll see where we're heading down to

15 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

What did Clinton call it when they sign a massive weapons deal with those monsters? A Christmas miracle? A Christmas surprise? Stupid bitch. 

:chuckle:

Blasphemy!

On a Madonna forum!?

You HAVE TO blindly love her

2 hours ago, XXL said:

👍

It's embarrassing

China and Russia are the Devil but Saudi Arabia who openly sponsors ISIS and Al Qaeda and Wahhabism in general is fine, go figure

China and Russia are the devil. It’s simple but look at lgbtq rights there. Especially Russia where killings of lgbtq ppl are not even investigated. Plus Putin is united with conservatives from USA and both are funding anti liberal hybrid war in Europe. They are succeeding in Eastern Europe. They paint EU as decadent useless structure that is a weapon of Soros (Wtf that is, he is the face of liberals I guess) and is waging a lgbtq agenda onto the populace of Europe and Istanbul convention is an instrument for this. You won’t believe how stupid people are. It’s like Wahhabism for the Eastern Europe. Russia is far from great. They are harming EU big time. Look at Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria. Yes ppl are stupid, but those conspiracies are fed their throats.

5 hours ago, XXL said:

:chuckle:

Blasphemy!

On a Madonna forum!?

You HAVE TO blindly love her

I can basically describe my time here at this forum (or any Madonna forum) as my pre-Anti Hillary era and post. Before being vocally against that monster I seemed to be one of the cool kids. And now... :lmao:    

4 hours ago, elijah said:

China and Russia are the devil. It’s simple but look at lgbtq rights there. Especially Russia where killings of lgbtq ppl are not even investigated. Plus Putin is united with conservatives from USA and both are funding anti liberal hybrid war in Europe. They are succeeding in Eastern Europe. They paint EU as decadent useless structure that is a weapon of Soros (Wtf that is, he is the face of liberals I guess) and is waging a lgbtq agenda onto the populace of Europe and Istanbul convention is an instrument for this. You won’t believe how stupid people are. It’s like Wahhabism for the Eastern Europe. Russia is far from great. They are harming EU big time. Look at Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria. Yes ppl are stupid, but those conspiracies are fed their throats.

I'm sorry but you're missing the point of what's happening globally right now. 

End of the second world war, America takes over what was once Britain's role, a de facto global Empire. With the excuse of liberation in Europe (when it must be noted that Russia contributed to the defeat of Hitler too) Europe becomes a de facto US colony and every foreign office is subjected to and responding to Washington DC and the CIA, our own foreign offices in Europe are nothing but CIA branches

Anyway, in the past twenty years in particular US governments, utilizing 9/11 as an excuse to do so (there's a 2000 neocon  document detailing this word for word), have waged an aggressive and illegal war into the entire middle East region. When America didn't want to be seen as the hand, they allowed Britain, France and Italy to remove Gaddafi back in 2011 and look how just that has panned out, never mind it's the West that's kept him in power for 30 years

Among the Islam galaxy the West, US leading the pack, have wrongly favoured Sunni countries like the Gulf countries, and been furiously against Shiite countries like Syria and Iran. Why is that? It's done on purpose to create a state of permanent confusion and so called needed endless interventionism

Syria for instance, a secular Muslim country rich in art and history where 15 different religions coexist next to eachother. The problem with Syria? It's a passageway between China, Russia and Europe, hence the monster dictator has to go

In that 2000 neocon document of future American Foreign Policy, all of those countries, starting from Afghanistan, to Iraq, to the so called Arab spring of Northern African countries down to Libia are all immaculately pre listed, a regime change to do list so to speak

The dying Empire is desperate to save itself and its economy of selling arms and oil. Europe is not supposed to buy gas from Russia much cheaper, Europe is not supposed to be trading with a rising East

All the autocratic talk about Russia and China is fine, but the bigger picture is much more complicated than that. It's not Putin flooding EU borders with his troops, guess who it is, in an act of open and constant provocation, supposedly defunct NATO

All I'm saying is stop leaving fire powder all over the place or America will have a lot to respond of in the future history books

2 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

I can basically describe my time here at this forum (or any Madonna forum) as my pre-Anti Hillary era and post. Before being vocally against that monster I seemed to be one of the cool kids. And now... :lmao:    

:lol:

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, Django said:

Biden will do nothing but kiss saudi ass like the ones before him, and the ones after him.

The western media & EU must condemn Saudi for undermining human rights! 

But so far I have seen almost none.

6 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

He MURDERED someone, attempted to murder someone else, and will get away with it. People get years in prison for doing WAY less. 

Sick isn't it? When you have that much money and power you can literally get away with anything. 

DISGUSTING

US decision not to punish crown prince puts us in grave danger, Saudi exiles say
Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Washington | Thu, 4 March 2021

Exiled dissidents who have been warned about threats against them by Saudi Arabia said they have been put in greater danger by the Biden administration’s decision to forgo direct sanctions on Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – even as US intelligence agencies acknowledged that he was complicit in the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

The activists, including some who have previously been warned that they were possibly at risk of being hurt by agents of the kingdom, said in interviews with the Guardian that they believed the 35-year-old crown prince would be emboldened after the White House declined to sanction him.

“The Biden administration’s release of the ODNI report [into Jamal Khashoggi’s murder] is welcomed transparency, but the lack of direct accountability will give MBS permanent impunity, rendering him more dangerous,” said Khalid Aljabri, the son of a former senior Saudi official who is living in exile in Canada and whose siblings, Omar and Sarah, are being held in the kingdom.

“He is probably thinking he can get away with future assassinations as long as he doesn’t leave fingerprints,” Aljabri said.

The view was shared by a number of Saudis and others who are seen by Prince Mohammed as enemies of the kingdom.

In Norway, pro-democracy activist İyad el-Baghdadi, a Palestinian critic of the crown prince who is living under asylum protection, was rushed to a safe location in April 2019 following a CIA tip-off that he was facing a potential threat from Saudi Arabia.

“I am actually less safe now than I was before this. The combined facts of [the US saying] “Yes, he did it” and “No, we cannot do anything about it but sanction some of his henchmen” is very dangerous. What does this normalise?” El-Baghdadi said.

“In my mind, this cannot be it. It seems that people in the White House are thinking about conventional foreign policy and they need to wake the fuck up. They are bringing a knife to a gunfight.”

Another high-profile dissident, Omar Abdulaziz, who was a close associate of Khashoggi and was warned last summer by Canadian authorities that he was a “potential target” of Saudi Arabia, said it was evident the crown prince “can do whatever he wants”. :rolleyes: 

“No one is going to stop him, no one is going to punish him, they are going to call him a bad guy,” Abdulaziz, who is Saudi, and whose family and friends have been imprisoned in the kingdom, said. “I’m trying to be optimistic here, but justice has not been served.”

He also pointed with concern to a recent reported case of a Montreal-based Saudi activist, Ahmed Alharby, who sought asylum in Canada and has reportedly been returned to the kingdom under mysterious circumstances following a visit to the Saudi consulate in Ottawa. According to the Toronto Star, a new Twitter account belonging to Alharby has begun posting positive messages about Saudi Arabia, sharply contrasting with Alharby’s earlier previous criticisms.

Saudi officials in Canada have not responded to requests for comment.

In Washington, the Saudi academic and activist Abdullah Alaoudh praised the administration’s new “Khashoggi ban”, a policy the state department has said gives it additional tools to protect journalists and dissidents, but said Prince Mohammed was nevertheless being “let off the hook”.

Under the policy, the department said it would now be allowed to restrict visa issuance to any individual who, acting on behalf of a foreign government, engages in “serious, extraterritorial counter-dissident activities”, including suppression, harassment, surveillance and threats.

“This ban is meant to stop agents of foreign governments from carrying out another horrific murder like Khashoggi’s anywhere in the world,” a state department spokesperson said. But the US government has declined to comment on whether Prince Mohammed himself is one of the 76 Saudis who have been placed on the visa ban list.

Alaoudh, whose father is a prominent Saudi reformist and scholar facing the death penalty in a Saudi prison, said the new policy was a “big deal”, but did not represent “accountability or justice”.

He pointed out that, shortly after the administration released the report as well as sanctions against some Saudi officials, his colleague Sarah Leah Whitson, the executive director of Dawn, a pro-reform group started by Khashoggi, tweeted in Arabic about an op-ed the two had written together calling “MBS” – as he is known – a thorn in the side of the world, and the Saudi people.

“It was read by tens of thousands of people, but that tweet got almost 3,000 responses from Saudi bots, with attacks and smears against her,” he said.

“If the intention [of the administration] was to send this guy a message, well the mission has not been accomplished. This is the exact same environment, or worse, that led to the killing of Khashoggi,” Alaoudh said.

Hala Aldosari, another Saudi dissident in the US, who is focused of women’s rights, said she had been forced to cut her ties and her work with women in Saudi because they are surveilled at home, and have faced investigations and torture for associating with her.

“In the charges against [some women] activists, my name came up. I was considered a hostile agent,” Aldosari said.

The Biden administration has highlighted the case of the prominent activist Loujain al-Hathloul, who was recently released from prison but still faces severe restrictions and a travel ban in Saudi Arabia, as a sign of progress. But Aldosari said there was no sign that the Saudi regime is changing course.

“I don’t think the Saudi regime is amenable to compromise. Since Mohammed bin Salman has come to power, it has been about centralising power and becoming the de facto leader of Saudi Arabia. This is not something you can solve by making a classified report transparent,” she said. “There needs to be a visa ban, asset bans on Mohammed bin Salman.”

There are practical issues involved with the safety precautions Aldosari takes, like avoiding Saudi embassies and consulates, which has meant she has not been able to access an inheritance from her father.

“As a person of course I’m worried that I cannot see my family, I cannot contact them and talk to them freely. I always have this sense that they might be affected. And I think all of the activists in diaspora are having those sorts of issues and problems so they cannot actually be close to their own families,” she said.

Asked if she felt she could live with more ease now, given the new administration’s support, she said “of course not”. Even though she said she was grateful for Biden’s personal support for Loujain al-Hathloul – whose name he mentioned when she was released – she said it was important to remember that even this pressure did not ensure Al-Hathloul’s freedom or ability to get back to work as an activist.

“If that happens to someone whose name has been negotiated at the highest level, you can imagine what could happen to people like us,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/mohammed-bin-salman-crown-prince-saudi-exiled-dissidents-khashoggi-killing