Confessions Tour concert on NBC in November

Camacho

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800003889

NBC at TCA: Talent 2, Madonna and More

Ausiello just IM'd me live from the TCA Summer Press Tour that NBC entertainment president Kevin Reilly has ordered six scripts of Nobody's Watching, a quirky 2005 WB comedy pilot that recently resurfaced on YouTube.com and concerns two young sitcom fans who wind up on a reality show. Also per Reilly: A Madonna concert special is coming in November; Thief's Andre Braugher has been booked for a six-episode ER arc; and America's Got Talent will return with a second season in January 2007. [Cue the Regis overkill.]

Posted by: Matt Mitovich 07/21/2006 12:20 PM

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah978.shtml

NBC Gets Madonna's First Ever Network Special

PASADENA, CA (July 21, 2006) -- NBCwill broadcast "Madonna: The Confessions Tour Live" - a two-hour special set to air in November 2006, the network announced Friday.

The special will be taped this summer at Wembley Stadium in London, UK during the pop icon'sworldwide sold-out 25-city "Confessions Tour."

The special marks the first-ever broadcast network performance by the internationalsuperstar.

"Madonna is one of the greatest artists of our time and never fails to generate excitement," said Kevin Reilly, NBC Entertainment President. "We think this is going to be a big event for television."

The concert special will feature songs from Madonna's recent multi-platinum Warner Bros. Records release "Confessions On A Dance Floor," which debuted at No. 1 in 29 countries and has sold overeight million copies around the globe.

The broadcast will also include some of Madonna's greatest hits from her legendary career.

In the course of that career, thestar has racked up a staggering 35 No. 1 hits on Billboard's Dance charts.

The multi-Grammy winning artist, songwriter, producer, best-selling children's book author, video visionary and cultural icon has sustained an unrivaled reputation for astonishing stage spectacles and has made musical history many times over, including international record sales of over 200 million albums.

Well, if it airs with commercials that will suck. However, she is going to reach a much LARGER audience with a network television broadcast - which will mean more record sales (ideally) - and in the hot holiday shopping season of November that could translate BIG TIME.

MADONNA SELLS OUT INCOMPLETE WEMBLEY STADIUM THATS NOT EVEN BUILT SHOCK :wow:

I gues tehre will be CUTS a plenty then

I bet she will time this TV special (Neilsen sweeps month and Thanksgiving/Holiday season) with a re-release of CODF that includs HU/Sorry/Get Together/Jump....videos and 2 new tracks (maybe one of those from the Arthur movie)

Yuck indeed!

HBO would have been better!

And this tour is not full of her greatest hits, so that statement is wrong

I'll watch it but the DVD will be better!

I bet she will time this TV special (Neilsen sweeps month and Thanksgiving/Holiday season) with a re-release of CODF that includs HU/Sorry/Get Together/Jump....videos and 2 new tracks (maybe one of those from the Arthur movie)

:wow::wow::wow:

I can EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL that the CONFESSIONS TOUR will be eventually released in 18 years time...on BETAMAX

Guest dressUup

So, I assume we can say bye-bye to: Live To Tell, Sorry Interlude, Let It Will Be (hand in crotch)...what else?

However, a sanitized Madonna show that will give major exposure to a whole new TV audience may not be THAT bad....better than nothing. Just think of all the young people out there who have never Madonna the time of day. They will see what a real American idol is!

At least we having it aired and posible DVD released by xmas time (due the TV factor).

Guys, that's more than nothing and it's NETWORK TV. Potential new fans with a nice sales increase in that time .

You are so hard-to-please fans! Must be happy with this!

So, I assume we can say bye-bye to: Live To Tell, Sorry Interlude, Let It Will Be (hand in crotch)...what else?

However, a sanitized Madonna show that will give major exposure to a whole new TV audience may not be THAT bad....better than nothing. Just think of all the young people out there who have never Madonna the time of day. They will see what a real American idol is!

What's wrong with those? There is no nudity, and rarely any profanity.

From Madonnatribe:

First Look: Channel 4 filming the Cardiff gig?

Insiders in the UK report about Channel 4 getting ready to set up at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff at the end of the next week - apparently to prepare for filming the Madonna concert.

There is no news at the moment about a possible broadcast planned or how the footage will be used.

It will be great if both shows are broadcast, so we'll get an Arena show and a Stadium show! Hope it's true.

What's wrong with those? There is no nudity, and rarely any profanity.

Eh... it will be broadcasted in America where you can't offend anyone thus they will cut all those things

:zombie:

NBC brings in Madonna to put sizzle in new season

By Bob Tourtellotte

PASADENA, California (Reuters) - NBC on Friday said it plans to air a two-hour concert by global pop star Madonna this November as it struggles to climb from the basement of U.S. television ratings.

"Madonna: The Confessions Tour Live," is being taped this summer in London's Wembley Stadium, and will feature songs from the Material Girl's CD, "Confessions On a Dance Floor."

The pop singer's shows are notorious for their sexual content, and NBC said it will tape the concert and pick which songs and dances to edit from the network's broadcast.

"She is going to do her show, and we will decide which numbers are in the (TV special) and which are not, and that is whole numbers. We are not going to make piecemeal edits," Kevin Reilly, president of NBC Entertainment, told a gathering of TV critics.

NBC is mired in fourth place in viewership ratings among the four major U.S. broadcast networks, including ABC, CBS and Fox, and ratings success is critical for boosting advertising revenue. The Madonna special is expected to lure audiences who then may return to NBC to watch new shows.

The network's new programs this fall season, which begins in mid-September, include a drama that looks at the inner workings of TV called "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" from the producers of hit "The West Wing," Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme.

NBC also has a drama called "Friday Night Lights," which is based on the movie of the same name about a high school football team in a small Texas town.

Comedies include "Twenty Good Years," starring John Lithgow from "3rd Rock from the Sun," and "30 Rock," which is written and executive produced by "Saturday Night Live" comedian Tina Fey, who also stars.

Reilly acknowledged NBC's losing streak of previous seasons' new programs, but he likened the network's experience to sailing in rough seas. He said he felt confident that there was now a shift in the wind.

"I feel we are headed into the fall with a tailwind, and we are about to get this thing going again," Reilly said.

NBC is a division of the NBC Universal media wing of General Electric Co..

Damn, she should have followed the Drowned World Tour approach with this. A Madonna concert on a public channel, damn. Even VH1 would have been a better choice!

If some songs have to be cut from the Confessions Tour for the NBC broadcast, which ones should they be? Here are the ones I would most readily cut:

Like It or Not

Let It Will Be

Paradise (Not for Me)

I guess this a a decent outlet. The album will be long gone from the Billboard 200, and may not even re-enter once it airs (with sales higher at that time), but it definitely will provide a boost.

Songs that must NOT be excluded:

Like a Virgin

Live to Tell

I'd guess that the interludes won't be included.

If NBC airs Live to Tell I will have sex with a female! Thats how sure I am that they will not air it. The christian right and Catholics would be up in arms. There will be mass protests by these dumb shits and on and on. It will be great for sales though and if Jump becomes a hit maybe Confession could pass the 2 mil. mark.

Guest espio98
If NBC airs Live to Tell I will have sex with a female! Thats how sure I am that they will not air it. The christian right and Catholics would be up in arms. There will be mass protests by these dumb shits and on and on. It will be great for sales though and if Jump becomes a hit maybe Confession could pass the 2 mil. mark.

Are you female? Just wondering....

Guest Topaz Scorpio

A two hour concert will have about 30-40 minutes of commercials. Her show is about 1:50 minutes long I believe, which means approximately 20-30 minutes of cutting, or about 5-6 numbers.

I would assume it would go something like this:

Future Lovers

Get Together

(commercial)

Like A Virgin

Jump

(commercial)

Live To Tell

Forbidden Love

(commercial)

Isaac

Sorry

(commercial)

I Love New York

Ray of Light

(commercial)

Music Inferno

Erotica

(commercial)

La Isla Bonita

Lucky Star

(commercial)

Hung Up

(commercial and closing credits)

Based on the times of the audio recordings I've downloaded that would come to about 85 minutes of show time, which would mean 35 minutes of commercials.

We would lose Confessions Interlude, Like It Or Not, Sorry Remix Interlude, Let It Will Be, Drowned World, and Paradise.

And I know people will scream that Lucky Star and Hung Up need to be together, but I guarantee they would want to save Hung Up for the very last thing all on its own. I think the two together would run just a bit too long for the network not to throw a commercial in.

There are still a few things she would have problems with though such as her shooting the bird at the end of "Sorry", saying "fuck off" in ILNY, and the George Bush line in that song also, if she decides to sing it. Or if she throws in any other random swears. They would probably bleep or blur all those things.

I am shocked by this decision by Madonna though. I thought her big battle with CBS was over their wanting to censor the RIT and insert commercials. Now NBC is plainly stating that they will be chopping the show up. Strange that she would agree to that. Guess money does talk.

Guest Little Red

She may have realized that she has to conform if she wants to get some sort of exposure. For the RIT, she didn't budge in her negotiations with CBS and what did she get out of it? Nothing. sure she got to keep the money, big deal, like she needs it... but the show never aired. Zero exposure in the country where she needs it.