Anonymous is Back: Are The World's Most Famous Hacktivists Still Equally Feared?

https://www.news18.com/news/tech/anonymous-is-back-are-the-worlds-most-famous-hacktivists-still-equally-feared-2646191.html

Anonymous, the Batman-like vigilante of the internet that was once widely feared, now appears to be back in action. The claims have been put forth courtesy a viral video posted originally on Anonymous’ own Facebook page itself, where the once-feared silhouette of a black hooded jacket and the signature Guy Fawkes mask has appeared after years of relative inactivity. In the video, the figure speaks out against police brutality in light of the recent murder of George Floyd by ex-officer of the Minneapolis Police Department, Derek Chauvin.

The message

In the video, the figure says, “Police brutality and murder is a widespread problem in the United States, which has undoubtedly infected nearly every jurisdiction in the country. But, the Minneapolis police department is among the worst and has a horrible track record of violence and corruption. This week’s brutal killing of George Floyd, which has sparked protests and national outrage, is just the tip of the iceberg in a long list of high profile cases of wrongful deaths at the hands of officers in your state.”

The message highlights the inaction of US police officers who stand by perpetrators of violence and do nothing, thereby being complicit to such acts of violence as well. It ends with a resounding sentence, stating that beginning May 29, Anonymous will be exposing the “many crimes” of United States police departments. Earlier today, about a day after Anonymous posted the message, reports by US citizens started claiming that the website of the Minneapolis police department was pulled down, allegedly by Anonymous. While News18 could confirm that the police department’s website was indeed down as of 3PM IST, it could not verify if it was the work of Anonymous’ members.

The video message further states, “In the past two decades, 193 people have been killed by police in Minnesota, including the deaths of Jamar Clark, Philando Castle, Justine Damond, Thomas Blevines and Brian Quinones. These are only the cases that caught headlines, where videos and other evidence prove that the police are lying.” It eventually states that the “travesty has continued for far too long, and the people have had enough.”

Towards the end of the message, Anonymous says, “You may have fired the officer to save face, but it is obvious that this type of behaviour is condoned, if not encouraged in your department, as it is in others. Officers who kill people and commit other crimes need to be held accountable just like the rest of us; otherwise, they will believe they have the license to do whatever they want.”

The recent line of events

Chauvin has since been fired from his department, and charged with third degree murder and second degree manslaughter. However, this has not prevented protests that have also broken into riots in many areas. This is further combined with US president Donald Trump’s radical and incendiary opinions posted on Twitter, against which many including Twitter itself are speaking up against. Since earlier this week, Twitter began labelling Trump’s tweets as factually incorrect and inciting violence, marking the platform’s first major move against a political figure of power, after doling out similar labelling to Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro.

USA has been rocked by protests and riots across the country, fuelled by Chauvin’s heinous act and Trump’s tweets. While many took to Twitter to express awe upon discovering the Anonymous message, it remains unclear as to how much of its old power and threat does the hacktivist collective still carry. Over the past few years, noted Anonymous members such as Barrett Brown and Hector ‘Sabu’ Monsegur were rounded up by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, leading many to assume that Anonymous only remained a shadow of what it once was. The collective has its place etched in internet culture already, with its signature of the Guy Fawkes mask and the ending phrase of ‘We are legion, expect us’ being treated with considerable amount of caution by official departments.

Going forward, it remains to be seen how Anonymous eventually impacts the socio-political situation in USA right now. The collective’s online portals have been more active in recent times, and this may well be a sign of things to come.

they killed diana, they killed michael jakcson, kurt kovain, everybody is a pedho in hollywood, tom hanks...I don´t know what to believe about this

4 hours ago, T0pher said:

the episode where Kimberly blows up the apartment complex

and trump takes off his wig and has a lot of scars

9 hours ago, promise to try said:

they killed diana, they killed michael jakcson, kurt kovain, everybody is a pedho in hollywood, tom hanks...I don´t know what to believe about this

I've seen several times that Courtney Love supposedly killed Kurt. But yes, Hollywood etc is full of paedos. Both Trump and Clinton were regular visitors to Epstein's Island as well as many other big politicians.

It will be great if Anon kicks off again. Is this there account? They also said they've got an Instagram account so it will nice to see them at the beach, in a bar etc.

https://twitter.com/AnonNewz

Guest jamesshot
40 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I've seen several times that Courtney Love supposedly killed Kurt. But yes, Hollywood etc is full of paedos. Both Trump and Clinton were regular visitors to Epstein's Island as well as many other big politicians.

It will be great if Anon kicks off again. Is this there account? They also said they've got an Instagram account so it will nice to see them at the beach, in a bar etc.

https://twitter.com/AnonNewz

Epstein had a lot of big name friends but Clinton is not implicated in anything salacious, yet. I'm not sure if it has been proven he visited the island. I'm not seven sure Trump did. Trump, though, has been accused of raping underage girls. Clinton has not. If Clinton is involved, let him get busted. Until then, I am not going to both sides this. Trump has accusations from underage girl(s), Clinton does not. 

23 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Epstein had a lot of big name friends but Clinton is not implicated in anything salacious, yet. I'm not sure if it has been proven he visited the island. I'm not seven sure Trump did. Trump, though, has been accused of raping underage girls. Clinton has not. If Clinton is involved, let him get busted. Until then, I am not going to both sides this. Trump has accusations from underage girl(s), Clinton does not. 

I thought Clinton had visited the island as confirmed in Epstein's plane's log book? 

Guest jamesshot
7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I thought Clinton had visited the island as confirmed in Epstein's plane's log book? 

He rode on the plane many times. I don't think either went to the island. Point is, Clinton has been been implicated in any underage sex/rape in regards to Epstein. Nor does he have a video of him, as Trump does with Epstein, leering at young girls like lions watching young fawns being born. Lets not both sides this. Until Clinton has the allegations Trump has I think we should just state the facts about that. Conservatives love to try to negate any criticism of them by saying both sides do it or are to blame when the facts may be technically right but it isn't 50/50 but more like 99/1 or 90/10. 

Sooo is everyone in the "black book" and that went to the island necessarily even involved in child abuse of any sort? I find it hard to believe Joan Rivers or Barbra Walters would be but I guess stranger things have happened. I'm sure there was just a lot of straight up partying and elite schmoozing that went on as well. 

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Sooo is everyone in the "black book" and that went to the island necessarily even involved in child abuse of any sort? I find it hard to believe Joan Rivers or Barbra Walters would be but I guess stranger things have happened. I'm sure there was just a lot of straight up partying and elite schmoozing that went on as well. 

Same.

Being in the black book doesn't mean you're guilty. In what world are we living in? Guilty by association...

I'm horrified and disgusted that we've clearly had a system, for decades, where members of Royal families, members of the army, police forces, journalists, TV presenters, intellectuals, artists so on and so forth collude to cover up their shared passion for child abuse, rape and ultimately murder

I hope everything that remains to be revealed will be put out there or surface in full force soon enough

Persistent racism and power circles covering each other up on the most hineous of crimes are worse than the sick economy they have built to make inequality and exploitation of the masses the rule

Jimmy Savile was just the tip of a huge iceberg

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

It is proven. Witnesses there (workers and minors) confirmed. But everyone says they've never seen him do anything except meeting Epstein. So maybe those trips were business related

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I agree. I think he liked impressing celebrities and mixing in those circles and holding big parties. I expect that's how he found out who shared his passion for the younger types too. I sure many celebrities have been at parties and been aware of activities going on but not been part of them. 

It's funny how Ghislaine Maxwell has just managed to disappear.  She knows so much there must be a price on her head. 

Naomi!

https://en.as.com/en/2020/06/01/other_sports/1591000911_332154.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

I agree. I think he liked impressing celebrities and mixing in those circles and holding big parties. I expect that's how he found out who shared his passion for the younger types too. I sure many celebrities have been at parties and been aware of activities going on but not been part of them. 

It's funny how Ghislaine Maxwell has just managed to disappear.  She knows so much there must be a price on her head. 

Naomi!

https://en.as.com/en/2020/06/01/other_sports/1591000911_332154.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

There are some really fascinating/disturbing recent articles exploring who Epstein was. Not from the pedo angle, but from his professional and personal associations. Lots of the elite from all fields were targeted by him...many of whom may have attended one of his notorious dinners or shmooze events, but who often eventually walked away when they realized how bizarre he was...and that's not even getting into his predatory sexual practices. He was notorious for trying to get everyone into his hooks, in some way... Look into the conversations he was known for having at his dinner parties about social/political/economic ideologies and whatnot...guy was just straight up weird. The exposés on him read like a Bond villain.

7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

7 hours ago, runa said:

Same.

Being in the black book doesn't mean you're guilty. In what world are we living in? Guilty by association...

Thank you. So tired of people not waiting to see if all names mentioned are guilty of anything. Some are of course and should be named and shamed but to just taint people with accusations for being in someone’s contact list is counter productive and dilutes the seriousness of this issue.