Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Suedehead

There will be no "swiss deal". The EU has said so before. Not even the Swiss would get a "swiss deal" nowadays. The original agreement goes back to the 60s or 70s. Way too complicated for todays needs. The EU and Switzerland have negotiated for ages to get a more modern agreement. I think negotiations were stopped last year from the Swiss side. 

And as Karby mentioned, such deal would include all the things the UK wanted to get rid off. Especially freedom of movement. Do they realize that around 25% of the residents of Switzerland are not Swiss citizens. 25%! I mean, isn't that a horror scenario from the UK point of view. All those foreigners? But I guess, they would like to differ between good and bad foreigners? And since most of those 25% are from Germany, Austria and Italy, those are good foreigners? And Torys wouldn't mind having those in the UK as well. But please, no people from Eastern Europe. Too bad, this isn't pick and choose. When will they finally learn that lesson?

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

There will be no "swiss deal". The EU has said so before. Not even the Swiss would get a "swiss deal" nowadays. The original agreement goes back to the 60s or 70s. Way too complicated for todays needs. The EU and Switzerland have negotiated for ages to get a more modern agreement. I think negotiations were stopped last year from the Swiss side. 

And as Karby mentioned, such deal would include all the things the UK wanted to get rid off. Especially freedom of movement. Do they realize that around 25% of the residents of Switzerland are not Swiss citizens. 25%! I mean, isn't that a horror scenario from the UK point of view. All those foreigners? But I guess, they would like to differ between good and bad foreigners? And since most of those 25% are from Germany, Austria and Italy, those are good foreigners? And Torys wouldn't mind having those in the UK as well. But please, no people from Eastern Europe. Too bad, this isn't pick and choose. When will they finally learn that lesson?

It is funny too that some UK political figures think that the EU needs the UK. I wonder when will they open their eyes. 

At the very least, rejoining the single market is a no brainer. The UK economy is DEAD in the water and can't even trade properly with its closest neighbours.

Problem is all the English parties are terrified of even mentioning the B word... including terminally useless Labour... so on and on it trundles until everything's so unbearable that something is finally done and we end up with some shit deal in the EU miles worse than we had before.

All so utterly pointless.