Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

Channel 4 News on top form this week.  First Krishna Guru-Murthy calling Steve Baker a cunt off-camera.

And then this beautiful Liz Truss montage cut to Blank Space, her favourite song.

Nadine Dorries is apoplectic and losing her shit somewhere.  On that note, the possible return of Dorries, if the unthinkable happens, should be sufficient reason alone to halt any plans of Johnson’s return.

I don’t think they can escape the general election. Thing is the new politics are more social and the UK is totally stuck in the past. Things have changed a lot since 2012. Maybe with a Labour government the uk can move at the same path as the EU. Oh and I guess Italy will be taking notes.

I really don’t know about the likelihood of calling an early general election at this stage.  A new leader surely wouldn’t risk committing political suicide for the party based on the current polling?  I also can’t see the party voting against its own self-interest should a vote a no confidence be tabled.  The fracking vote was seen as a confidence vote and that was secured in the middle of the the utter shitshow of this week.

My guess is, if they call an early election, they’ll wait for the new leader to regain the confidence of the markets sufficiently for the polling margin to narrow and then gamble on an election to secure a mandate. But then, as with all of this, that’s pure conjecture based on a lots of ifs and buts.

8 hours ago, funkydita said:

I really don’t know about the likelihood of calling an early general election at this stage.  A new leader surely wouldn’t risk committing political suicide for the party based on the current polling?  I also can’t see the party voting against its own self-interest should a vote a no confidence be tabled.  The fracking vote was seen as a confidence vote and that was secured in the middle of the the utter shitshow of this week.

My guess is, if they call an early election, they’ll wait for the new leader to regain the confidence of the markets sufficiently for the polling margin to narrow and then gamble on an election to secure a mandate. But then, as with all of this, that’s pure conjecture based on a lots of ifs and buts.

That’s when social pressure comes. But then again it’s APPALLING that they got so much majority in last election that they can’t be outed with a Parliament voting. Those who voted for Johnson should be flagging themselves right now. Because it was CLEAR back then.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

So strange that a PM can simply quit in the UK and then some elitist members of a party can install a new one just like that without Parliament or the public voting on this. Meanwhile that new PM can introduce legislation which will have severe consequences for everyone down the road. 
How come people aren’t on the streets and protesting for a new general election? 

Oh they’ll be protests for sure.

It’s just been reported Borris has the backing of 100 MOs so he will be on the ballot paper next week if he wants it…

So that’s Mr.no tax paid for yonks or Mr. Overseeing boozy and nibbles in a lock down 

You have to love the tories……not!!!!

On 10/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, Confessit said:

It’s just been reported Borris has the backing of 100 MOs so he will be on the ballot paper next week if he wants it…

The BBC (another institution that's gone to shit) were premature in reporting that. We still don't know for certain, but he might scrape the 100 needed. I'm also seeing reports that if the members do vote for him the parliamentary group might just ignore the result.

Just now, Kim said:

The BBC (another institution that's gone to shit) were premature in reporting that. We still don't know for certain, but he might scrape the 100 needed. I'm also seeing reports that if the members do vote for him the parliamentary group might just ignore the result.

Let’s hope so but that snake won’t miss a sodding chance. 

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Couldn't get the numbers then :rotfl:

More like it !!

Looks like the path for fishy rishi is clearing oh God what bunch of muppets there are for this bloody contest.

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I guess he will only do what he’s told and will not dare to bring new psycho schemes. 

He'll just bleed the country dry for two years and leave the mess to be cleaned up by the terminal Labour party. Who are too busy wooing everyone with this shit ..

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Just the serious STATESMAN we need in such difficult times...

Why on Earth can't the UK find someone to be the leader of their party who at least seems intelligent and can converse properly ?  Being eloquent and an intelligent speaker was once something to aspire to but now it hardly seems remotely important. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Why on Earth can't the UK find someone to be the leader of their party who at least seems intelligent and can converse properly ?  Being eloquent and an intelligent speaker was once something to aspire to but now it hardly seems remotely important. 

Everything leads back to 23 June 2016. Nothing but chaos since.

I sometimes wish some of the little cunts crowing the next morning were still on here...

22 minutes ago, Kim said:

Everything leads back to 23 June 2016. Nothing but chaos since.

I sometimes wish some of the little cunts crowing the next morning were still on here...

Pretty much 

Sorry state of affairs since then.  I hope the fucktards everything they wished for.

ok, so they have a new prime minister, haven´t they? and I have already seen two images that I wasn´t expecting to see from two "serious" politicians". The first one is Biden joking about UK´s prime minister´s name. The second one, the prime minister dancing like crazy showing his hairty chest.