Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

11 minutes ago, LSD said:

Played the long game, successfully executed the assassination in week one, and left.

Kills the queen, wrecks the economy, leaves with 100k a year for life....

Not bad for a months work.

34 minutes ago, runa said:

Oh my god :dead:

keep it going ! Better than many tv show on Netflix :rotfl:

You are right. Would be even funnier if it wasn’t for: 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Kills the queen, wrecks the economy, leaves with 100k a year for life....

Not bad for a months work.

One of my all-time favorite TV show is Babylon 5 (don’t judge) and the more I think of the situation in the UK the more comes this to my mind: 

Famous last words but I just can’t see the Johnson thing happening, not so soon after being forced to resign in disgrace after his Cabinet ran for the hills. My bet at this point is that Sunak runs again and wins based on coming second last time and publicly calling Truss’ economic plans “a fairytale” during the leadership race. 

14 minutes ago, funkydita said:

Famous last words but I just can’t see the Johnson thing happening, not so soon after being forced to resign in disgrace after his Cabinet ran for the hills. My bet at this point is that Sunak runs again and wins based on coming second last time and publicly calling Truss’ economic plans “a fairytale” during the leadership race. 

Yeah I'm thinking Sunak. Seems they're going for 2 candidates only and an online vote from the entire membership - so Bozo would be in with a chance.

27 minutes ago, funkydita said:

Stranger things have happened with the tories!

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yeah I'm thinking Sunak. Seems they're going for 2 candidates only and an online vote from the entire membership - so Bozo would be in with a chance.

Trouble with Sunak is the public turned when we found out wifey hasn’t paid tax for yonks.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Stranger things have happened with the tories!

Trouble with Sunak is the public turned when we found out wifey hasn’t paid tax for yonks.

I’m not sure that matters right now. This is a single issue race, the economy and nothing else.

They’ll want to show that they have someone with a solid grasp and experience of the economy, rather than e.g. Braverman’s identity politics and immigration war or the untested inexperience of Mordaunt, Lewis or whoever else is in the running. Though Johnson, whilst of course possible, I just can’t see how they’d do it with a straight face when he’s been deemed unfit for office so recently. But who know?

4 minutes ago, funkydita said:

I’m not sure that matters right now. This is a single issue race, the economy and nothing else.

They’ll want to show that they have someone with a solid grasp and experience the economy, rather than e.g. Braverman’s identity politics and immigration war or the untested inexperience of Mordaunt, Lewis or whoever else is in the running. Though Johnson, whilst of course possible, I just can’t see how they’d do it with a straight face when he’s been deemed unfit for office so recently. But who know?

I still think it does matter.

Had the stuff about his wife not paying tax for years not been revealed and the public turning, he would of hands down won the leadership race not Liz truss. 

But the tories knew the bad press he had got because of it and it stinks of entitlement and a tad of corruption so it wouldn’t work for a PM……they were replacing Borris because of his behaviour so replacing with another who’s behaviour had been called so publicly into question (association wig no tax wifey) wouldn’t of made sense.

I don’t think it’s all forgotten now. I don’t think they will vote him in.

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

People should demonstrate asking for a general election. I mean, they are bordering the abyss. How can they endure more of these psychos? 

It’s just a joke. 

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

People should demonstrate asking for a general election. I mean, they are bordering the abyss. How can they endure more of these psychos? 

But aren't those the Torries faces anyways (Boris, Liz etc.). Even if there is a general election, those bitches are still heading the Torries and the Brits are voting for the Torries anyway so why bother? Boris may as well be reinstalled...

Surely the UK public will vote the Tories out in the next election ( which should be now )  Are we also now seeing the flat out rejection of the false ‘trickle down’ narrative and ideology ie giving the very wealthy pay rises and low taxes while the rest of the population are utterly screwed over.  It NEVER trickles down but only boosts the wealthy. 

Yes, the polls are finally showing Labour with a huge lead the last few weeks - once you start hitting people in the pocket, which Truss did with her disastrous budget that's raised interest rates, added hundreds onto some mortgages (if you can even get a mortgage now), impacted the cost of living even more, ppl start to take notice.

I think that's why some want Bozo back because they see his popularity (among the braindead) as the only thing that can save the Tories at this point.

So strange that a PM can simply quit in the UK and then some elitist members of a party can install a new one just like that without Parliament or the public voting on this. Meanwhile that new PM can introduce legislation which will have severe consequences for everyone down the road. 
How come people aren’t on the streets and protesting for a new general election?