Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

5 hours ago, Kim said:

Well that's Dizzy Lizzy the new PM.

Blessed be the Fruit...

truss.jpg

I hope she gives speeches as great as that one about the cheese. 

Anyway, when are the next general elections????? Nobody voted for this moron and it’s only fair that people vote.

When will Lizzy officially declare UK to be US's 52nd state?

PS: The "51st state" title has already been taken by Australia, all thanks to that fella down under (which Bidet couldn't even remember his name) :chuckle: 

On 9/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, Kim said:

Well that's Dizzy Lizzy the new PM.

Blessed be the Fruit...

truss.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 4:35 AM, karbatal said:

I hope she gives speeches as great as that one about the cheese. 

Anyway, when are the next general elections????? Nobody voted for this moron and it’s only fair that people vote.

My Goodness, she is so painful.  I can't believe the dreadful candidates England put forward as leaders etc.  This woman comes across as stupid, can't speak properly and like Boris, changes her views to suit herself or the current situation.  She is another massive embarrassment and even more alarmingly, is dangerous as has heartless policies and comes across as completely stupid.  

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

My Goodness, she is so painful.  I can't believe the dreadful candidates England put forward as leaders etc.  This woman comes across as stupid, can't speak properly and like Boris, changes her views to suit herself or the current situation.  She is another massive embarrassment and even more alarmingly, is dangerous as has heartless policies and comes across as completely stupid.  

Another misfit. Even her speech after Liz died was so shit and stilted. Far more worrying is that she's filled her cabinet with the biggest right wing lunatics going. 

• 2 weeks later...

So we're already seeing Truss doing the bidding of the cabal that made sure she got in. Tax cuts for the richest, cap on bankers bonuses lifted, ban on fracking lifted - all under the guise of kickstarting a dead economy. Ain't gonna end well...

1 hour ago, Kim said:

So we're already seeing Truss doing the bidding of the cabal that made sure she got in. Tax cuts for the richest, cap on bankers bonuses lifted, ban on fracking lifted - all under the guise of kickstarting a dead economy. Ain't gonna end well...

Conservative parties are now slaves of the billionaires. And I do believe that the super rich are playing with fire.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Conservative parties are now slaves of the billionaires. And I do believe that the super rich are playing with fire.

I feel like this current bunch know they ain't getting in again so they're just burning the house down - lining their own/donor's pockets for whatever time they have left, then complain when the next govt doesn't fix it all in time... then they get in again. Rinse and repeat.

32 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes they shorted the pound on purpose and all their hedge fund mates made a killing.

Betting against your own country's economic wellbeing... very patriotic, very Tory!

Nothing changes with the tories.

29 minutes ago, horn said:

Time to buy stuff from Amazon UK lol

True.

Back in the day I used to get all my DVDs and shit from Amazon US because it was soooo cheap with £ double the $ and now look at it, like some useless emerging market currency. Brexit and the Tories have done a right fucking number on us.

21 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh great...

The worst part of it all is that even if those announced a general election and another government is formed they will still have to face the high rates and to give back the 50 billion pounds debt these morons borrowed to cut rich taxes  (instead of investing in real economy). This will take YEARS to overcome. South EU countries are still facing the consequences of the cuts and high rates from 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

The worst part of it all is that even if those announced a general election and another government is formed they will still have to face the high rates and to give back the 50 billion pounds debt these morons borrowed to cut rich taxes  (instead of investing in real economy). This will take YEARS to overcome. South EU countries are still facing the consequences of the cuts and high rates from 10 years ago.

Well they're just putting into practice exactly what they proposed in their unhinged batshit book a few years ago. No one should really be surprised, but there's definitely a whiff of panic in the air with even terminally useless Starmer/Labour starting to look like a real possibility as they shift seamlessly into the centre-right traditional Conservatives once occupied while the more extreme Tories drift ever further to the far right. Rocky times ahead....

Fc8fZ5xWAAAkHoX.jpeg

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

But what "real economy" is left in the UK? The service sector is still huge despite banks and insurances in The City only having limited access to the European market. But the producing sector is declining for ages, well since Maggie Thatcher. Now with all the Brexit chaos making it extremely difficult to trade with the EU, no one will invest in those sectors. Produce for the local market? Hardly. But I have heard Bristish cheese is in high demand ever since that revolutionary trade deal with Japan. 

And the tax cuts for the rich? If this was France, the guillotine might be re-activated. But people in the UK seem to have a weird relationship with the rich and noble. No matter how bad the situation for the average citizen, the poor still believe that those privileged people somehow deserve their wealth and excemptions as if those rich must have done something right. Being born into a noble family with extreme wealth is hardly an achievement in my view. And don't get me started on the wealth showcased in certain parts of London. All the Russian and Arab money. Money laundering galore. Isn't there a specific term already? Londromat?

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

But what "real economy" is left in the UK? The service sector is still huge despite banks and insurances in The City only having limited access to the European market. But the producing sector is declining for ages, well since Maggie Thatcher. Now with all the Brexit chaos making it extremely difficult to trade with the EU, no one will invest in those sectors. Produce for the local market? Hardly. But I have heard Bristish cheese is in high demand ever since that revolutionary trade deal with Japan. 

And the tax cuts for the rich? If this was France, the guillotine might be re-activated. But people in the UK seem to have a weird relationship with the rich and noble. No matter how bad the situation for the average citizen, the poor still believe that those privileged people somehow deserve their wealth and excemptions as if those rich must have done something right. Being born into a noble family with extreme wealth is hardly an achievement in my view. And don't get me started on the wealth showcased in certain parts of London. All the Russian and Arab money. Money laundering galore. Isn't there a specific term already? Londromat?

Precisely they could have invested the 50 billion pounds in creating industry. Now that much technology is scarce because China is in shambles it’s an opportunity. Biden is doing it really well. No wonder the dollar is so strong nowadays. The EU is investing a lot in industry too, in this case related to renewals. UK decided to borrow 50 billion to give it to the super rich! 

I am more scared watching the UK than watching Italy to be honest. Because it’s very scary how a bunch of people from an officially non extremist party is destroying completely a prosperous and rich country. And I do think that it can happen to any country. And to come back from this mess could take decades if the worst scenario happens. I feel very sad.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, horn said:

When will Lizzy officially declare UK to be US's 52nd state?

PS: The "51st state" title has already been taken by Australia, all thanks to that fella down under (which Bidet couldn't even remember his name) :chuckle: 

well Biden has a hard time remembering his own name🤣