Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

Political Turmoil in Britain

To Pick Johnson’s Successor, Britain’s Conservatives Confront the Void He Leaves Behind

Despite Mr. Johnson’s missteps, there is no prospect of an imminent general election under Britain’s parliamentary system, leaving the ultimate choice of Britain’s next leader to the roughly 200,000 members of the Conservative Party.

“The extraordinary thing is that by the end of next week we could have no leader of the Conservative Party and no leader of the Labour Party,” said Peter Lilley, a Conservative member of the House of Lords and a former cabinet minister.

Full article: To Pick Johnson’s Successor, Britain’s Conservatives Have to Reinvent the Party - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

The chancellor's taxes being investigated by the UK government tax office, for those who are unaware of what HMRC is. The chancellor, of all fucking people. Disgusting.

The dirtier their dodgy dealings, the less involved in getting rid of them sleepy voters become. It's all part of a filthy class of country-ruining scumbags common people are desensitized about because they got used to them. As long as shallow uneducated little Britain can have the proverbial piss-up, waving flags at the sight of a bunch of overly privileged abhorrent perverts who don't give a shit about little Britain, watch Twats Island and Britain Has No Talent for further lobotomization, nobody cares about anything meaningful beyond their foamy bubble.

One scandal after another, over and over - a perpetual embarrassment, both nationally and internationally.

Dormant as ever the complicit so called "opposition", perennially divided.

Latest from Little Britain:

In the middle of a scorching heatwave hitting England with southern England baking worse than a turd in a hole, emergency government meeting supposedly held to discuss how to tackle the scorching heatwave  emergency, yet once again Bovril de Faff Chopson fucks offs somewhere else during a crisis. The Faff is having a goodbye party at Chequers this weekend instead, because not nearly enough parties were held already during his despicable tenure.

While de Faff Chopson is too busy stuffing himself with booze and cheese, his former party members have yet to decide which shithead is less deserving of replacing de Faff Chopson therefore ensuring he or she gets their vote.

Meanwhile Lurpak 500gr has reached a staggering £5 price, gas & electricity bill have gone horribly up (again), our tax contributions also have gone up, more public transport strikes are looming, airports caos, apparently Covid cases + deaths are once again reaching high peaks yet no government meetings or public announcements are being made on that, and there are still people convinced Bovril Chopson did a great job at delivering Brexit, and that he handled the Covid pandemic saga brilliantly. The infamous sinister "Let the bodies pile up high" must have been a soundbite of unidentifiable origin to their thick skulls.

Let them eat baked beans.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:39 AM, horn said:

Is this for real? :confused: 

Often humorous ones are hand written by TfL staff at some stations - the above one is probably a joke. 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:11 AM, Gaudet said:

Often humorous ones are hand written by TfL staff at some stations - the above one is probably a joke. 

Yes, they did one based around Madonna's lyrics a couple of years back.

4 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

She looks and sounds like Katie Hopkins.

Just as foul. Amazing how the type of views that used to be relegated to the dark corners of the National Front and BNP are now mainstream election winners in Little England. Truly vile.

7 hours ago, Kim said:

No one talking about the fact this THICK CUNT we took the piss out of a while back is favourite to become next PM?

How utterly depressing and embarrassing that she is even a politician. Just staggering in the most dreadful way that she is even remotely considered to be PM, yet alone a favourite :scared:

13 hours ago, Kim said:

Just as foul. Amazing how the type of views that used to be relegated to the dark corners of the National Front and BNP are now mainstream election winners in Little England. Truly vile.

Wow :confused: 

Whereas the other candidate adopts Morrison's strategy by playing the anti-China card :1251: 

It seems like none of them talk much about how to boost the economy or improve UK's infrastructure/welfare/healthcare etc that would benefit the British :dazed: 

21 hours ago, Kim said:

No one talking about the fact this THICK CUNT we took the piss out of a while back is favourite to become next PM?

The thing is that all are illiterate cunts 

6 hours ago, horn said:

It seems like none of them talk much about how to boost the economy or improve UK's infrastructure/welfare/healthcare etc that would benefit the British :dazed: 

That would mean admitting that the last 12 years of their own party in govt has been a colossal failure. Much better to whip up the thicko electorate about immigrants, trans people, trade unions etc. So thoroughly depressing.

"And I will not rest until the British apple is back at the top of the tree." :dead:

They're coming for you Barbara! (and Judy)

Which of course is also a cover for....

I'd say civil unrest was on the way, as it would be in any normal country...

or maybe ppl will just make a nice cup of tea (boiled on a homemade bonfire) instead.

I feel like I'm walking into a political landmine when I move to Scotland next month, but I sense their politicians do care about their constituents and TRY THEIR BEST with the funds they've got. Much more the case than in England and Wales. I love the Scottish freedom to roam (which is way more comprehensive than Canada's by the way even if you'd think we're all naturalists) and free uni tuition, prescriptions, etc. These are areas we've been lacking in for years. But all that Section 28 bullshit has to go and I won't be able to hold my tongue about it even if I'm a newbie in town. :bad:

2 hours ago, MadFan said:

I feel like I'm walking into a political landmine when I move to Scotland next month, but I sense their politicians do care about their constituents and TRY THEIR BEST with the funds they've got. Much more the case than in England and Wales. I love the Scottish freedom to roam (which is way more comprehensive than Canada's by the way even if you'd think we're all naturalists) and free uni tuition, prescriptions, etc. These are areas we've been lacking in for years. But all that Section 28 bullshit has to go and I won't be able to hold my tongue about it even if I'm a newbie in town. :bad:

I'd 100% wait until things are clearer constitutionally before moving anywhere! The UK economy is on the precipice of imploding when the cost of living crisis hits in the Autumn and with both PM candidates advocating a return to the very worst of Thatcherism, things are looking very bleak indeed.

Scotland wise, everything's stationary while the supreme court decides whether the SCOT govt has the legal powers to implement another referendum, but yeah, most people either want to go it alone or stay shackled to the rest of Hell Island - one side or the other. As it stands, we go down with the ship.

There's no Section 28 type stuff going on up here. SNP are a socially liberal left leaning party - the only (major) one left in the UK now that Labour are Tory-lite, but I became a bit wary of always putting "except Scotland" everytime I post about the wretched politics from down south, but those particular laws are devolved to the Scottish govt which is pressing on with gender recognition reform and banning all types of conversion therapy (much to the ire of Rowling and other Terfs) whereas England has weaponised it for their culture wars. Though there's been whispers that Westminster may somehow attempt to block it up here to keep both countries alligned....we'll see....

It strikes me the post above sounds overwhelmingly negative :chuckle: But I'm so annoyed at the shit going on. Every day some new bit of bare faced corruption.

Like 'prince' Charlie taking yet another bung of cash this time form BIN LADEN'S family, or Bozo filling one of the UK's legislative chambers with fucking RUSSIAN oligarchs/SPIES in return for donations...

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And what’s this story that William has a female prostitute lover because he is into pegging?????  Is this a smoke curtain to cover that Bin Laden mess? 

Wullie's many affairs aren't anything new, but the revelations of him taking big giant strap ons up the arse is! 😅

The Charlie stuff was conveniently released after Wills had been trending for days on end. The various PR teams in the palace hate each other almost as much as the family itself does!