Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Apples388

Cunto is getting away with this AGAIN isn't he? But that's what happens in a country of serfs obsessed with royalty and Love Island rather than things that matter. This dead thread - unlike say the passion of our Aussie and Euro members - saying it all really.

31 minutes ago, Kim said:

Cunto is getting away with this AGAIN isn't he? But that's what happens in a country of serfs obsessed with royalty and Love Island rather than things that matter. This dead thread - unlike say the passion of our Aussie and Euro members - saying it all really.

How does this corrupt stupid clown get away with everything ? It is an embarrassment to have him as a leader.  He is like a comedy character in a satire tv show.  

So to add to the policing bill that criminalizes forms of peaceful protest, the elections bill disenfranchising lower socio-economic voters, the attacks on the judiciary, the media, and the Euro court of human rights, the migration bill shipping legal asylum seekers to Africa... now that Bozo's under investigation for breaking the ministerial code, he just simply... changes the ministerial code. This isn't NORMAL. When are people gonna wake up to just what's going on under their noses?

It's strange to me that there's no push back, or am I mistaken? If that was going on here in Australia, people would be up in arms. The pressure to resign for any misstep is pretty overwhelming and mostly always happens eventually. Are the Brits MIA?

On 5/28/2022 at 1:27 AM, San said:

It's strange to me that there's no push back, or am I mistaken? If that was going on here in Australia, people would be up in arms. The pressure to resign for any misstep is pretty overwhelming and mostly always happens eventually. Are the Brits MIA?

I’ve seen in my country how incredibly vile things some government  can do and people do nothing because they hate the opposition party. It’s the “revenge politics”: they support whatever horrible only to enjoy the cries of the others in social media. 

Well, those of us who recently voted (local elections) have happily expressed our disdain at the catastrobollocks leading party - and guess what? For once it worked!

Historic Tory strongholds shifted over to Labour or Liberal Democrats for the first time, I know as I live in one of those.

Not that Labour under the leadership of inconclusive Starmer will do anything good, but it may be better than the Tories shit show we have endured for over 10 years, one catastrophic decision after another, disaster after disaster since that infamous hung parliament.

If the opposition forms an alliance, then there might be a chance next year to dislodge this disastrous embarrassment led by Faff 🚽son. 

Oh and finally there should be an electoral reform too, a proportional representation voting system, something that waffling Kier is not too keen on, because it's convenient to be the other major party in the country while pretending to be democratic.

A Labour, Liberal Democrats, Green coalition for example, would work to get rid of Faff & Co. (cabinet of sleeze), otherwise parties on their own will not secure a majority against the Tories, certainly not with their current mediocre leaders.

Oh and there is a further dirty manouvre by the usual suspect: the revision of the ministerial code recently announced by Faff to save his arse. Yep, diluting the ministerial code at Faff's advantage to avoid severe consequences on breaches, such has being forced to resign as he should but he won't.  Democracy? Yeah right. He has more in common with a certain Russian leader/dictator than he lets on. The irony of it all.

Local elections results has been a wake up call, nice to see the Tories shaking a little bit, but I am not sure if people have fully realized how big a catastrophe these Tories have been for the country. Maybe they will, if the opposing parties put out a strong enough campaign.

One can dream.

Tell you what, the capital without a mayor would be a lovely dream coming true. Better without than with the current "...people have to get used to terrorist attacks in big cities..." now totally devoted to liberalize his beloved ganja, because in a metropolitan area with alarmingly rising crime rates, legalizing certain drugs is very important, of course.

A laughter will bury us all. As long as people can celebrate in the next few days, stuffing their faces with cakes, smashing up 🍻🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾, everything is hunky dory.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:20 AM, Gaudet said:

Well, those of us who recently voted (local elections) have happily expressed our disdain at the catastrobollocks leading party - and guess what? For once it worked!

Historic Tory strongholds shifted over to Labour or Liberal Democrats for the first time, I know as I live in one of those.

Not that Labour under the leadership of inconclusive Starmer will do anything good, but it may be better than the Tories shit show we have endured for over 10 years, one catastrophic decision after another, disaster after disaster since that infamous hung parliament.

If the opposition forms an alliance, then there might be a chance next year to dislodge this disastrous embarrassment led by Faff 🚽son. 

Oh and finally there should be an electoral reform too, a proportional representation voting system, something that waffling Kier is not too keen on, because it's convenient to be the other major party in the country while pretending to be democratic.

A Labour, Liberal Democrats, Green coalition for example, would work to get rid of Faff & Co. (cabinet of sleeze), otherwise parties on their own will not secure a majority against the Tories, certainly not with their current mediocre leaders.

Oh and there is a further dirty manouvre by the usual suspect: the revision of the ministerial code recently announced by Faff to save his arse. Yep, diluting the ministerial code at Faff's advantage to avoid severe consequences on breaches, such has being forced to resign as he should but he won't.  Democracy? Yeah right. He has more in common with a certain Russian leader/dictator than he lets on. The irony of it all.

Local elections results has been a wake up call, nice to see the Tories shaking a little bit, but I am not sure if people have fully realized how big a catastrophe these Tories have been for the country. Maybe they will, if the opposing parties put out a strong enough campaign.

One can dream.

Tell you what, the capital without a mayor would be a lovely dream coming true. Better without than with the current "...people have to get used to terrorist attacks in big cities..." now totally devoted to liberalize his beloved ganja, because in a metropolitan area with alarmingly rising crime rates, legalizing certain drugs is very important, of course.

A laughter will bury us all. As long as people can celebrate in the next few days, stuffing their faces with cakes, smashing up 🍻🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾, everything is hunky dory.

Not entirely sure local election results with small turnouts and protest votes are a great indicator of much, and weren't enough to cause major ructions among Johnson loyalists, but it's heartening to see some changes in traditional Tory heartlands, if not in new Tory so-called red wall areas, which is still baffling.

I'm not sure who I'd have to hold my nose and vote for were I in England. Starmer is at best a centrist and pivots to the right in order to win votes. Up here, untrustworthy and unelectable Labour (and Libs) are currently doing deals and informal coalitions with Tories to take control of SNP won councils. Detestable.

In some ways maybe it's better just to know where you stand with a prick like Bozo who at least doesn't hide his corruption and incompetence. Slimy Sunak or Gove or whoever else will be no different, just able to hide it better, and in Labour you'd just have Tory-lite with a few nods to progressive social policies. Blair mk II, except he at least had a vision/plan unlike the wretched Starmer. There's no actual left wing alternative left in mainstream English politics, which is the problem.

Oh and bollocks to the jubilee. Country of cap-doffing serfs celebrating an inbred family of parasites... says it all really.

Anyway, I'm seeing that they may have enough letters in now to force a confidence vote in Bozo which he'll probably win and might, just might, result in him calling another general election.

I watched a documentary on German television (the streaming service of ZDF) in relation to the jubilee. It was about the contrast between rich and poor. Frankly I had no idea how bad the social system in the UK is. Yes, there is the NHS which is more or less comparable to other European universal healthcare systems. But I was shocked about the unemployment benefits the government pays. How does one survive on that ridiculous amount? There were other things. Of course the rich people celebrating their wealth without any kind of doubt or shame. As said above, I was quite unware how dire the situation for the poor and even the middle class in the UK is as I thought there was way more support from the government. But I guess that happens, when you only know about London (as a tourist). Obviously a bubble. 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Wow

So Madonna Eurovision aftermath 

Reminds me of when bozo turned up drunk to lay a wreath on remembrance sunday and they (BBC again) replaced the footage with that of a previous year in later news reports - "by mistake" apparently.

Anyone else have to put up with this shit from their supposedly neutral national broadcaster?

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Reminds me of when bozo turned up drunk to lay a wreath on remembrance sunday and they (BBC again) replaced the footage with that of a previous year in later news reports - "by mistake" apparently.

Anyone else have to put up with this shit from their supposedly neutral national broadcaster?

In a way or another most traditional media, not only public funded ones, have become totally Orwellian. They barely inform about the real scandals anymore because it affects their interests. BBC protects the Boris figure and others protect other things. Imo journalism is dead nowadays. 

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

In a way or another most traditional media, not only public funded ones, have become totally Orwellian. They barely inform about the real scandals anymore because it affects their interests. BBC protects the Boris figure and others protect other things. Imo journalism is dead nowadays. 

I first noticed it during the Scottish Indy ref - just non stop Brit propaganda being pumped out - it's only since Brexit (which has become almost a banned word on the BBC) that other parts of the UK have caught on. It's the older demographic that don't even realise it that's a real issue.

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

I first noticed it during the Scottish Indy ref - just non stop Brit propaganda being pumped out - it's only since Brexit (which has become almost a banned word on the BBC) that other parts of the UK have caught on. It's the older demographic that don't even realise it that's a real issue.

I think the main problem is that most people look for reassuring information nowadays. If they support brexit they don’t want to be informed about the consequences. In fact they rather feel it’s fake propaganda. But they don’t feel they’re swallowing propaganda when it suits their beliefs.

This phenomenon has always been part of society but nowadays it’s almost the common denominator in almost all issues. Maybe because their blind support would seem pointless if they faced they are backing the wrong party/politician/idea? 

And information being a product nowadays means that you get more profit if you feed that reassuring propaganda than being the impartial channel that you should be. 

Vote of confidence on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6pm - can't make it up!

To bozo or not to bozo? To Hunt or not to Hunt? To Shunak or not Shunak? 

They will keep him there till the next general elections, no change.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Didn’t Theresa May win that confidence vote but left anyway months later? You can’t really do anything when half your party thinks you are shit.

He did worse in that confidence vote than any prime minister before. Basically every journalist on scene commented about the fact and that all prime ministers that faced a confidence vote and survived it were stepping down shortly after. And yet, you had all his Tory MPs supporters celebrating this as a "win" of epic proportions and as a reassurance that people want him to continue the great work he has done for the country. 

Has there ever been such an unpleasant person as prime minister before? Sure, Maggie Thatcher was a complete c*nt but I don't think she ever did anything illegal. 

4 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

He did worse in that confidence vote than any prime minister before. Basically every journalist on scene commented about the fact and that all prime ministers that faced a confidence vote and survived it were stepping down shortly after. And yet, you had all his Tory MPs supporters celebrating this as a "win" of epic proportions and as a reassurance that people want him to continue the great work he has done for the country. 

Has there ever been such an unpleasant person as prime minister before? Sure, Maggie Thatcher was a complete c*nt but I don't think she ever did anything illegal. 

Sad thing is that instead of being kicked out because of their sociopath politics they are to be out because of parties. Illegal as they are, he should be out because of his horribly unfair and pro billionaire politics. 

Dead Clown Walking.

We'll probably see a racheting up of this culture war crap and whatever else they can use to shield his faltering leadership.

Have there been sexist reports in the tabloids though? Entitled 'Ugliest Man Alive' with just pictures of him and insiders claiming he's actually a failed abortion?

Just wondering. :fag:

On 6/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, karbatal said:

This is UK too. I post this because it’s important to remember that many many people in every country is very different from its government 

Yes it's vital to remember that it's not (all) the English people who are vile fascists, just the people they keep voting for.

Meanwhile, the first group of asylum seekers who came to the UK looking for safety and refuge are due to be flown to Rwanda (barring a court appeal) this week. Truly horrific.

45 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes it's vital to remember that it's not (all) the English people who are vile fascists, just the people they keep voting for.

Meanwhile, the first group of asylum seekers who came to the UK looking for safety and refuge are due to be flown to Rwanda (barring a court appeal) this week. Truly horrific.

The Rwanda mess is so incredibly heart breaking 

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The Rwanda mess is so incredibly heart breaking 

Bill also expected today to amend the NI protocol, ripping up the legally binding agreement with the EU with the potential of a trade war. Great week on Normal Island.