J.K. Rowling Faces Criticism for Transgender Comment

MadFan

12 hours ago, karbatal said:

I do believe that she has mental problems. 

I only really see whatever is trending but when i took a look at her twitter it's basicaly ALL she posts about. Full on rabbit hole conspiracy theory shit.

Anyway GRA reform WILL pass in Scotland and if she doesn't like it she can fuck off.

14 hours ago, karbatal said:

I do believe that she has mental problems. 

+1 her obsession is unhealthy and not normal.

Trans people do not affect her life in any way. Her interactions with trans people are either extremely rare or non existent. It’s just made up anger. 

14 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

+1 her obsession is unhealthy and not normal.

Trans people do not affect her life in any way. Her interactions with trans people are either extremely rare or non existent. It’s just made up anger. 

Maybe the love of her life ditched her for a trans woman? Can't see other logical explanation...

Sadly many important and even iconic feminists are obsessed with the idea of “woke” society erasing women and they blame the trans. Embarrassing themselves and even unconsciously or consciously aligning with far right media.  I think we need some sociology or psychology study about this issue because I find it frankly unbelievable. Especially because most were important allies for the gay community. I think the confrontation discourse doesn’t help either to find a common ground to understand and to bring clarity.

42 minutes ago, Kim said:

Maybe she's just an EVIL COW with too much time on her hands? Always radiated bad energy to me even before this obsession.

Really? I found her very inspiring through her books but also her support for unions and Labor party. She was an important leftist voice and she used social media wisely to slam some bigots. I am  extremely disappointed with her.

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Maybe she always intended to write Harry Potter as an anti-hero and secretly Lord Voldemort has always been her champion?
At this point nothing would shock me anymore …

Actually Harry is the most passive hero of all time. His main talent was resilience and the capacity to keep a good heart through adversity. It was Hermione who was talented and incredibly intelligent as a witch. I understand that the books were in her head during mid 90s but I do wonder why such a “feminist” as she claims to be puts the strong women as secondary character throughout the saga and the silly boy is the main character. THAT has erased women for millennia.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Really? I found her very inspiring through her books but also her support for unions and Labor party. She was an important leftist voice and she used social media wisely to slam some bigots. I am  extremely disappointed with her.

Her books were derivative nonsense full of racist tropes.

She was a supporter of NEW Labour (ie, centre right) she despised Corbyn and his left wing poilcies and actively participated in anti-semitic smears directed towards him, she's famous for manufacturing twittter pile ons against ppl she disagrees with, she donated one million quid to the NO campaign for Scottish independence while doing fuck all about Brexit. I don't know about unions in the past, but there are strikes going on all over the country right now and I don't see her doing/saying fuck all in support of them. Horrible woman, always has been.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Her books were derivative nonsense full of racist tropes.

She was a supporter of NEW Labour (ie, centre right) she despised Corbyn and his left wing poilcies and actively participated in anti-semitic smears directed towards him, she's famous for manufacturing twittter pile ons against ppl she disagrees with, she donated one million quid to the NO campaign for Scottish independence while doing fuck all about Brexit. I don't know about unions in the past, but there are strikes going on all over the country right now and I don't see her doing/saying fuck all in support of them. Horrible woman, always has been.

Wow I had absolutely no idea. I had this political image of her before brexit but I’ve never followed her in social media. 

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Wow I had absolutely no idea. I had this political image of her before brexit but I’ve never followed her in social media. 

Yeah I remember Jan saying the same thing back when she started being very anti Corbyn but I guess I saw more than just her cherry picked Twitter stuff (before it became deranged) on telly and in papers etc. 

Anyway I'm glad she went after Nic because it's given her the opportunity to become more vocal on the issue, and as always she's clever enough not to personalise it (towards Rowling) while still demonstrating proper allyship and getting much more positive exposure on the issue..

This diehard Tony Blair-worshipper had cornered herself into defending CHATTEL SLAVERY before she ever became a one-note zombie to TERF ideology, and almost before she'd ever commented on anything trans-related at all (the character of Rita Skeeter was her first take on a trans woman, in the year 2000).

I am so disappointed that JK Rowling has become so horrendously obsessed with her unfair and awful hatred for the Trans community.  The  reason I am so disappointed is I actually loved the Harry Potter books and the wonderful messages in them.  Found them very entertaining, well written and full of magic.  @karbatal  I know you loved them too.  (  I always loved the books far more than the movies )  I also used to like a lot of what she stood for.  So was initially a great surprise for me that she was so spiteful and hateful. Totally different to the things she stands up for in her novels.  She now is totally obsessed - almost like a mental obsession that she refused to see other sides.  

6 hours ago, LSD said:

This diehard Tony Blair-worshipper had cornered herself into defending CHATTEL SLAVERY before she ever became a one-note zombie to TERF ideology, and almost before she'd ever commented on anything trans-related at all (the character of Rita Skeeter was her first take on a trans woman, in the year 2000).

Rita Seeker trans? What do you mean?

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I am so disappointed that JK Rowling has become so horrendously obsessed with her unfair and awful hatred for the Trans community.  The  reason I am so disappointed is I actually loved the Harry Potter books and the wonderful messages in them.  Found them very entertaining, well written and full of magic.  @karbatal  I know you loved them too.  (  I always loved the books far more than the movies )  I also used to like a lot of what she stood for.  So was initially a great surprise for me that she was so spiteful and hateful. Totally different to the things she stands up for in her novels.  She now is totally obsessed - almost like a mental obsession that she refused to see other sides.  

Yes I agree with you in everything you wrote. 

Before Twitter turned in the boring algorithm that is today, I only got tweets from her very rarely. But most of them were powerful and positive. For example when lots of offended racists complained that Hermione was portrayed by a black actress in theater. She simply wrote “I don’t recall I’ve ever written that she was white” and afterwards several times she aligned to leftist ideas and I was happy that someone who was poor and celebrated diversity in her books was vocal against bigots. My disappointment is still very big because I still love her books very much. She is erasing herself from Literature.

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Rita Seeker trans? What do you mean?

EaBrDpUWsAENApD.png

Nowadays someone reading for the first time might wonder if a character described by J.K. Rowling as a masculine-looking woman with a garish overdone femininity would cross over with her other preoccupations and end up being some type of predator, as a joke, but then it's the actual plot twist and this character shapeshifts into an insect to creep around the school and spy on the children including in their bedrooms.