J.K. Rowling Faces Criticism for Transgender Comment

MadFan

2 hours ago, Paul Wade said:

It's a cruel irony that an author who made herself a billion dollar fortune writing about a character who was an outsider and was made fun in for being different, is now using her platform to put down a section of society who themselves are persecuted by people because they too feel like outsiders. 

I can't understand why she has chosen this battle to tarnish and ruin her once impeccable reputation.  Such a shame that a woman who inspired a generation of children to read and whos books taught the importance of  team work and recognizing each other's differences,will forever be tarnished by her outdated views. 

Yep.

The main message in Harry Potter is that outsiders are to be supported to defeat the dictatorship. Because in the end we are all part of a minority sooner or later.

And here she is, obsessed with the idea that the concept of woman is being erased. As if you could erase the concept of half the population of the world. She is simply not well psychologically.

6 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Maybe she can’t help herself because it’s sweeter and sweeter 😂

“All the little things you do will end up coming back to you….”

But she’ll call it “cancel culture “.

1 hour ago, Junior said:

You know you're wrong when Putin is the one standing up for what you're doing.

• 3 months later...

If the real problem of women were that they are being “erased”… Half the population being erased, mind you. Of course being called British instead of woman erase them? Or being called citizen instead of women…?

Anyway she’s a transphobic.

1 hour ago, acko said:

And how exactly was Bette being transphobic? 

For claiming women are being erased because of the new form that people are using as “people who menstruate” to difference when a woman issue involves women who were born with reproductive organs. For example the new anti abortion laws in USA  As opposed to trans, who are women but don’t have female reproductive organs.

Yes, the world has got this absurd. What’s the need to differentiate? NONE Making that difference erases women? NO. What’s the result? These TERFS claim that transgender women are not really women.

I'm afraid I have a hard time following the whole debate. But I think it's a given that when people say 'women' they are generally referring to biological women. That's just the way it is. Trans people just aren't delt the same stack of cards... I think on both sides people need to calm the fuck down Beyoncé. Is it possible that Bette was being facetious by reducing women 2 breeding machines in her choice of words? In light of the subject I don't see how this is for or against transwomen. 

52 minutes ago, acko said:

I'm afraid I have a hard time following the whole debate. But I think it's a given that when people say 'women' they are generally referring to biological women. That's just the way it is. Trans people just aren't delt the same stack of cards... I think on both sides people need to calm the fuck down Beyoncé. Is it possible that Bette was being facetious by reducing women 2 breeding machines in her choice of words? In light of the subject I don't see how this is for or against transwomen. 

Because the TERF discourse about women being erased is that trans are not women. 

It’s the same as the big replacement racist theory. Only bonkers think that.

Or the same as when cis men claim that feminists are emasculating manhood. Frankly I think all are cunts. Midler included.

I think much of it has to do with the whole "woke" movement. No one has a problem with being more sensitive towards certain issues and language used should reflect that. Nothing to argue about that. But when things will be pushed to the extreme, it will backfire on the efforts made. The "woke" people are often too sensitive and will go lengths to reprimand all offenders, no matter if the intention was good or bad. In result people are tip toeing around certain issues and are super careful about wording and you get all this ridiculous differentiation. At some point it is a fight all socially conscious people may lose because you will be instrumentalized by all parties. You say something "problematic", the "woke brigade" will rip you to shreds and the conservative side will celebrate you because you supposedly made a statement that could be easily miscontrued as support to their transphobic or racist or whatever ideas. It is very much a lose/lose situation. 

37 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Because the TERF discourse about women being erased is that trans are not women. 

It’s the same as the big replacement racist theory. Only bonkers think that.

Or the same as when cis men claim that feminists are emasculating manhood. Frankly I think all are cunts. Midler included.

I don't even know what a TERF is... I feel so behind... But let the records show that I HATE the vile Bette Midler... It's well documented. :fag:

33 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I think much of it has to do with the whole "woke" movement. No one has a problem with being more sensitive towards certain issues and language used should reflect that. Nothing to argue about that. But when things will be pushed to the extreme, it will backfire on the efforts made. The "woke" people are often too sensitive and will go lengths to reprimand all offenders, no matter if the intention was good or bad. In result people are tip toeing around certain issues and are super careful about wording and you get all this ridiculous differentiation. At some point it is a fight all socially conscious people may lose because you will be instrumentalized by all parties. You say something "problematic", the "woke brigade" will rip you to shreds and the conservative side will celebrate you because you supposedly made a statement that could be easily miscontrued as support to their transphobic or racist or whatever ideas. It is very much a lose/lose situation. 

Agree 100%

The sad thing is that transgender women have to face so many difficulties, that privilege women like Rowling or whoever could simply laugh at the woke language at home and focus the effort into more important causes. Instead of adding pain to a collective.

• 3 months later...

This PSYCHO is at it again. Imagine trying to pile on Sturgeon (for trying to make life a bit easier for trans folk) and having FUCK ALL to say about everything else going on.