Madame X album general discussion

OK, so I just listened to BATUKA in a long time and realized once more how prophetic and brilliant this album is. I mean, her singing "it's a long way" and "let me catch my breath" - seriously, I got chills listening ........

Riederer-Thompson02.jpg

I love the two headshot covers but really dislike the guitar one.

15 hours ago, nightcutter said:

I love the two headshot covers but really dislike the guitar one.

The main 2 album covers have so much meaning and thought put behind them and the guitar one was just...a nice photo

15 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Yeah me too it's pointless. 

I don't like this whole 3 album cover images thing since RH. 2 at most is enough.

And expensive if you are a completist! The guitar shot is on the super deluxe version, but imho has the least deluxe cover of them all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 8:18 AM, mtsanis said:

Looking for Mercy is filler imo, so that can just be gone.

What?! It's my favorite song of the whole album! I'm shocked it wasn't on the regular edition.

9 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

What?! It's my favorite song of the whole album! I'm shocked it wasn't on the regular edition.

Still my favourite as well. Her vocals are so beautiful on this track too. The chorus is too repetitive but I do adore “ Looking for mercy “ 

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Still my favourite as well. Her vocals are so beautiful on this track too. The chorus is too repetitive but I do adore “ Looking for mercy “ 

Is it bad that it's my least favourite? It could have been one of the RH demos imo.

18 hours ago, acko said:

Is it bad that it's my least favourite? It could have been one of the RH demos imo.

No, not bad at all. I don’t agree but good to hear different opinions. Always like reading your thoughts on songs.  

The song personally moves me greatly and I think the verses are beautiful . Chorus could of been less repetitive but I connect so much to this song. It has always been my favourite from this album. 

LFM and Funana remain standouts on this album.  They have a warmth and nostalgia that's missing from the rest of the clinically cold album.  I hope the tour film isn't dubbed over too much because the LIVE VOCALS were what really brought those songs to life in live performance.

I immediately liked Looking For Mercy, i've always loved Madonna's adult ballads and the tone of her voice in them but have to say that from that moment on my interest in the song has constantly decreased and i started to prefer other ballads on the album.
Now i think it's a nice and pleasant track but not one of her best... it's Extreme Occident that truly deserved its place in the standard edition not Looking For Mercy.

I had no idea Extreme Occident wasn't on the abortion edition... Imagine Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band well without... SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND  

19 hours ago, acko said:

It could have been one of the RH demos imo.

As in it has a pleasing melody. natural vocals and the germ of a classic MADONNA song?

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Looking for Mercy is dull. 

Yeah but you're probably one of those "IDSIF is straight off Erotica"  "Bitch i'm Loca is a bop" and "Extreme Occident is lyrically profound" TYPES....

giphy.gif

It’s honestly such an amazing album that I appreciate more and more as time goes on and as we get more and more releases from other “artists” that just serve to remind us how brilliant it is in comparison. There’s things that I love and appreciate about every Madonna album but it really picks up where the amazing ROL-Music-AL-COADF run left off in terms of its untouchable overall musical depth and quality imo...

On 7/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, rebelvvv said:

LFM and Funana remain standouts on this album.  They have a warmth and nostalgia that's missing from the rest of the clinically cold album.  I hope the tour film isn't dubbed over too much because the LIVE VOCALS were what really brought those songs to life in live performance.

Yes. That's it. I really like Madame X but it's lacking warmth. Looking For Mercy stood out to me because of that.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:07 PM, rebelvvv said:

6 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yes. That's it. I really like Madame X but it's lacking warmth. Looking For Mercy stood out to me because of that.

To me personally, her vocals on most of Madame X lack the usual emotion and warmth that is so special and incredible. I think she is easily one of the most naturally emotive and clear singers ever. Her voice is beautiful and full of emotion and feeling without any hysterics or going wildly off melody. Why I have not loved this album as much as previous Madonna albums because I don’t get that emotion in a lot of the songs that I usually do. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

To me personally, her vocals on most of Madame X lack the usual emotion and warmth that is so special and incredible. I think she is easily one of the most naturally emotive and clear singers ever. Her voice is beautiful and full of emotion and feeling without any hysterics or going wildly off melody. Why I have not loved this album as much as previous Madonna albums because I don’t get that emotion in a lot of the songs that I usually do. 

Madame X >>>>>>>>>>>> Rebel Heart

On 7/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, Kim said:

Yeah but you're probably one of those "IDSIF is straight off Erotica"  "Bitch i'm Loca is a bop" and "Extreme Occident is lyrically profound" TYPES....

giphy.gif

2 out of three ain't bad bitch! 

On 7/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

No.