Madame X album general discussion

35 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

It's too repetitive, too long and the autotune is more than annoying for me. But I love the ending of the song and the video is brilliant... Almost teary eyes at the end of the video + the message.

Speaking of repetitive, I often hear songs that are extremely repetitive. Like Roxanne. Same chorus, over and over. Some of these songs are are so bad, I stop everything I’m doing and wonder if the damn song is ever going to end. I don’t understand how people are able to enjoy repetitive songs. So I get it.

But when it comes to Batuka, it’s one time you can make an exception, because that’s the whole point of the song. It’s not repetitive in terms of singing the same chorus over and over, rather it’s story telling in a form of a CHANT. It’s supposed to be like that because that’s the style of batukadeiras, where one lead singer tells a story in short phrases and the rest of the women sing along. I think it’s beautiful, because it’s like the women agree with what the lead singer is telling by singing along with each phrase. So yes, Batuka is more of a chant than a song. That’s why it deserves a pass. Calling it repetitive means you’re missing the whole idea, the whole point of it. 

Edited by Katypatra

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Speaking of repetitive, I often hear songs that are extremely repetitive. Like Roxanne. Same chorus, over and over. Some of these songs are are so bad, I stop everything I’m doing and wonder if the damn song is ever going to end. I don’t understand how people are able to enjoy repetitive songs. So I get it.

But when it comes to Batuka, it’s one time you can make an exception, because that’s the whole point of the song. It’s not repetitive in terms of singing the same chorus over and over, rather it’s story telling in a form of a CHANT. It’s supposed to be like that because that’s the style of batukadeiras, where one lead singer tells a story in short phrases and the rest of the women sing along. I think it’s beautiful, because it’s like the women agree with what the lead singer is telling by singing along with each phrase. So yes, Batuka is more of a chant than a song. That’s why it deserves a pass. Calling it repetitive means you’re missing the whole idea, the whole point of it. 

I didn't miss anything. Yes, it's a chant, It's beautiful, I understand the message, but it's too long. It's not repetitive in terms of chorus and verses. And I am sure I would have liked it more if I would hear Madonna and not a robot.

11 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I didn't miss anything. Yes, it's a chant, It's beautiful, I understand the message, but it's too long. It's not repetitive in terms of chorus and verses. And I am sure I would have liked it more if I would hear Madonna and not a robot.

She sounds amazing in this song! There isn’t even that much auto tune. Her voice sounds a bit nasal but in my opinion it just makes the song that much more eccentric and interesting. The drums always put me in a trance and I never want it to end. But to each their own I guess. I’m just sharing my perspective with you why I like this song so much. 

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Repetitive Madonna is the best: Sorry, Batuka, Future Lovers, Music, etc...

I agree. I never get tired of Madonna’s use of repetition in songs. Somehow she makes it organic and natural. Not even MJ could do it. “Wanna Be Starting Something” anyone? Lol 

9 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

She sounds amazing in this song! There isn’t even that much auto tune. Her voice sounds a bit nasal but in my opinion it just makes the song that much more eccentric and interesting. The drums always put me in a trance and I never want it to end. But to each their own I guess. I’m just sharing my perspective with you why I like this song so much. 

...and my perspective with you why I don't like it very much and I skip it. I like the message, the instrumental, the video and the ending, I just don't like hearing 6 minutes of the same thing with a robotic voice. If you would hear the original voice in the song, you would hear the difference. Batuka and Future have the most auto tune on the album. That's all. :brenspin:

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

...and my perspective with you why I don't like it very much and I skip it. I like the message, the instrumental, the video and the ending, I just don't like hearing 6 minutes of the same thing with a robotic voice. If you would hear the original voice in the song, you would hear the difference. Batuka and Future have the most auto tune on the album. That's all. :brenspin:

I’d love to get my hands on the demos from Madame X 

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

Comparing this with Batuka is... no comment 😐 Music is in my top 5 M songs ever. And it's actually A SONG, unlike Batuka.

Interesting but Music is my least favorite Madonna song. I dont like the melody, nor the lyrics or the production. But I’m happy that general public recognizes and loves it. Batuka is the weird kind of Madonna that I totally dig. Awesome that Madonna’s candy shop got all kinds of flavors for all of us. 

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Interesting but Music is my least favorite Madonna song. I dont like the melody, nor the lyrics or the production. But I’m happy that general public recognizes and loves it. Batuka is the weird kind of Madonna that I totally dig. Awesome that Madonna’s candy shop got all kinds of flavors for all of us. 

See? Matter of tastes. I'd love to hear Madame X demos, too, especially Medellin and IDSIF.

15 minutes ago, acko said:

THIS ALBUM THOUGH.

STILL.

Listening to my vinyl in preparation for seeing her in Lisbon next week! Ive lost cout of how many plays its had start to finish - more than any album of hers in years! It really is flawless in many respects. A powerful album for her to have in her catalogue, even if its not been a commercial success.

57 minutes ago, Crozzauk said:

Listening to my vinyl in preparation for seeing her in Lisbon next week! Ive lost cout of how many plays its had start to finish - more than any album of hers in years! It really is flawless in many respects. A powerful album for her to have in her catalogue, even if its not been a commercial success.

U know it. I'm having the same experience. 

I am forever grateful she created this album. A fuck you to the Kylie loving, poppers sniffing mafia who jumped ship as soon  as there wasn't a track they could get their feather boas out to.

Everything about this album is genuinely genius and I'm so glad she stayed true to her vision.

4 hours ago, stevo208 said:

I am forever grateful she created this album. A fuck you to the Kylie loving, poppers sniffing mafia who jumped ship as soon  as there wasn't a track they could get their feather boas out to.

Everything about this album is genuinely genius and I'm so glad she stayed true to her vision.

🌟💯

5 hours ago, stevo208 said:

THIS. THIS.         THIS&THIS

I had it on repeat @work today. It's currently in my top two of ALL TIME with a BULLET. EXTREME OCCIDENT JUST HIT A NEW PEAK... God Control is already among her 20th century Classics. Oh Madonna what r u doing 2 me :dramatic: 30 plus years in ur career. OMG I HAVE CRY. @Suedehead 

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Still shaking & crying violently in the corner after Madame X - Live! From Lisboa 18th Jan. 

Tempted to post track by track review of setlist

Yes no one has done it 4 this tour!