Madame X album general discussion

Lately I just can’t stop listening to Medellín, it has a lovely/fresh vibe/melody, the video is cool, and it reminds me of my trip to Italy and dancing.

Medellin is her best first single since Hung Up and one classic, ugh her mind.

11 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Lately I just can’t stop listening to Medellín, it has a lovely/fresh vibe/melody, the video is cool, and it reminds me of my trip to Italy and dancing.

Medellin is her best first single since Hung Up and one classic, ugh her mind.

I agree. Love Medellín so much. 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, mtsanis said:

Looking for Mercy is filler imo, so that can just be gone.

Looking for Mercy is one of the best songs in the album,  if not the best.

Weird.

I loved Looking For Mercy when I first listened to the album but now whenever it shows up on Spotify I can't even play it. This doesn't happen to me with other album tracks such as God Control or Crazy. 

I think for me the biggest reason why I listen to it less is because she doesnt perform it on the tour. The same thing happened with me and Inside Out and Best Night on RH. Lost interest after she ignored them on tour. 

46 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I think for me the biggest reason why I listen to it less is because she doesnt perform it on the tour. The same thing happened with me and Inside Out and Best Night on RH. Lost interest after she ignored them on tour. 

Best night is still my favourite track from RH and the demo is even better.

As for LFM, I find the chorus too repetitious. I don't like the clip clip sound on come alive either but I'm hoping I'll love it after the live show as many people have said it's a highlight.

^^ Inside Out is still one of my very favorite RH tracks, and among my all-time favorites in her entire oeuvre.

Have not tired of any Madame X tracks, tbqh? Aren’t really any low points for me. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, peter said:

^^ Inside Out is still one of my very favorite RH tracks, and among my all-time favorites in her entire oeuvre.

Have not tired of any Madame X tracks, tbqh? Aren’t really any low points for me. 

+10000000000000

No low points. Even "Bitch I'm Loca" is necessary to make the whole thing complete. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, dollhouse said:

How many Grammy nods MX got?

On 11/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, Shaun said:

One in every major category. You know she’ll win. QUEEN!

On 11/21/2019 at 11:01 PM, Butter9 said:

Honestly I have NO IDEA why people would lose their shit over THE GRAMMYS . 

:yes: Well, @I Don’t Search I Find, sorry but was just thinking, maybe like "B-ible", the word "Grammy" should also be censored on this forum. Just a suggestion! 

On 1/4/2020 at 7:32 PM, mtsanis said:

Let me first start off by saying that I love Madame X as is, and as much as I am thankful for volume of quality songs, I enjoy making my own edits of her recent albums to re-examine their focus. Sometimes I remove songs, sometimes I add bonus tracks into the proper sequence, etc., and with Madame X, I messed around with the sequence a little and I was surprised how much I prefer it to the original....

I did omit some biggies tho, so don't shoot me, but i think it's tighter and packs more of a punch....

1. Come Alive (would've loved a slightly extended intro for the first song, but this is still great as is)
2. Crave
3. Future
4. Batuka
5. Killers Who Are Partying
6. Crazy
7. MedellĂ­n
8. Extreme Occident
9. Faz Gostoso
10. Bitch, I'm Loca
11. I Don't Search I Find
12. God Control

Bonus Track:
13. Ciao Bella

You should check it out... i think it's pretty dope.

In this alternate reality, I think I Rise could've been a Pride50 exclusive digital/vinyl release, and Dark Ballet a post-album/tour single and video. Looking for Mercy is filler imo, so that can just be gone.

I tried this sequence and it really works. I do cherish all the tracks on Madame X though.

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I want her next album to be even BOLDER than Madame X :wow: 

I’m really hoping that the positive critical response this album got will inspire her to strive to do so

5 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I’m really hoping that the positive critical response this album got will inspire her to strive to do so

She should keep challenging the way people think how music should sound - turning things upside down is very her...the world's biggest cult artist :bow: And the hatred she receives from certain sections are a part of her Legendary status.

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I want her next album to be even BOLDER than Madame X :wow: 

This!

I don't know what to expect about her next album but I hope she'll follow her instinct and do whatever she wants to do.

2 hours ago, strictmachine said:

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

👍🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Mr.X said:

This!

I don't know what to expect about her next album but I hope she'll follow her instinct and do whatever she wants to do.

Simple-minded listeners (fans and GP alike) may have a hard time wrapping their head around songs like "Dark Ballet", "God Control", "Killers Who Are Partying" and even the house jam "I Don't Search I Find" but that's their problem (to quote her British Vogue interview). The boundary-pushing force must continue to work - that's what we need, at this point where the mainstream stuff out there can hardly be called "music". The situation has gone THAT BAD. The task to bring the light is on her. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Simple-minded listeners (fans and GP alike) may have a hard time wrapping their head around songs like "Dark Ballet", "God Control", "Killers Who Are Partying" and even the house jam "I Don't Search I Find" but that's their problem (to quote her British Vogue interview). The boundary-pushing force must continue to work - that's what we need, at this point where the mainstream stuff out there can hardly be called "music". The situation has gone THAT BAD. The task to bring the light is on her. 

Amen.

Seriously, it completely beyond me that some supposed fans do not consider Madame X as a important album in her discography and especially as being the way to follow for the end of her career. This album represents her at her most uncompromising and fearless. Two major qualities of her personality and her career. Madonna must take advantage of the fact that the commercial portion of her musical career is over to follow her muse and produce daring material that will benefit her legacy.

Mainstream pop is in its most dismal state EVER. However, there is excellent pop in the margins but it never comes to the fore. Even today, Non-entity Gomez is everywhere with her new album of boring faceless pop while Georgia offers at the same time a much better album which will not be know outside of a small group of insider. 

On 1/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, Martin B. said:

Amen.

Seriously, it completely beyond me that some supposed fans do not consider Madame X as a important album in her discography and especially as being the way to follow for the end of her career. This album represents her at her most uncompromising and fearless. Two major qualities of her personality and her career. Madonna must take advantage of the fact that the commercial portion of her musical career is over to follow her muse and produce daring material that will benefit her legacy.

Mainstream pop is in its most dismal state EVER. However, there is excellent pop in the margins but it never comes to the fore. Even today, Non-entity Gomez is everywhere with her new album of boring faceless pop while Georgia offers at the same time a much better album which will not be know outside of a small group of insider. 

Madonna has done enough 4 to 5 minute-bops. So I want long songs on M15. Perhaps too much to ask for but you know, at least two epic songs of around 7 to 10 minutes. Think of the long-ass version of "Love Hangover" (Diana Ross), "It Seems to Hang On" (Ashford & Simpson), "Love to Love You Baby" (Donna Summer), "Station to Station" (David Bowie)...one can hope! 

On 1/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, peter said:

Yes!! Inside out is a masterpiece, especially the demo. I made my own edit where most of it is the demo version and only replaced the instrumental parts after each chorus with the album version. It turned out amazing. 

After months listening to the album, I can confirm that I always skip 'Bitch I'm Loca', sometimes 'I don't Top I bottom', and also 'Faz Gostoso'. I Rise is a really good closer. 

17 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I almost still listen to it everyday. I only skip Batuka, Bitch I’m Loca and I Rise.

Don’t skip Batuka! Let the drums connect you to the earth and put you in a trance! 

Edited by Katypatra

6 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Don’t skip Batuka! Let the drums connect you to the earth and put you in a trance! 

It's too repetitive, too long and the autotune is more than annoying for me. But I love the ending of the song and the video is brilliant... Almost teary eyes at the end of the video + the message.