Madame X album general discussion

15 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Future was my most played song of the year, followed closely by crave.   Some years I didn't have any Madonna songs in the top 100!

Two of my three favorite songs on the album, 🙂

Madame X is at 45 on The 50 Best Album of 2019 by NME. Not one of the highest pop records there but better than nothing.

https://www.nme.com/features/the-greatest-albums-of-2019-2586777

"In a nutshell: The ultimate pop icon taps into the Latin pop zeitgeist

On her best album in years, Madonna returned under the guise of ‘Madame X’, an alter-ego that encompassed roles of a mother, child, teacher, spy, nun, saint, and more. The album that shared her new pseudonym was similarly imaginative, pulling together inspiration from the Latin-pop and Batuque music she’d been exposed to since moving to Lisbon, Portugal. Ultimately, ’Madame X’ represented an eclectic, masterful new phase that stood tall amid her inimitable back catalogue.

Key track: ‘Medellín’.

Best moment: The glittery pop waltz of ‘Crazy’’s chorus."

Edited by stevenflowers

Seems like the album is managing to appear on this year best lp lists. Its quite an achievement having in mind how little attention it got. Quality matters.

MOST SEARCHED ALBUMS OF 2019

The end of the year is closing in, with many reflecting on the biggest records of 2019. There's been talk of a rock and metal surge in 2019, and according to trends data provider SEMrush, both Tool and Slipknot are leading the way.

Taking a closer look at what people Googled this year and analyzing search volume, SEMrush determined that both Tool's Fear Incoculum and Slipknot's We Are Not Your Kind were among the 10 Most Searched Albums of 2019.

That puts them in lofty company with Taylor Swift's Love, Kanye West's Jesus Is King, Madonna's Madame X and Post Malone's Hollywood's Bleeding among others.

The top 11 Most Searched Albums can be viewed below:

Taylor Swift – Lover
Kanye West – Jesus Is King
Tool – Fear Inoculum
Melanie Martinez – K 12
Madonna – Madame X
Ed Sheeran – No. 6 Collaborations Project
Chris Brown – Indigo
Slipknot – We Are Not Your Kind
Drake – Care Package
Chance the Rapper – The Big Day
Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding

https://loudwire.com/slipknot-tool-most-searched-albums-2019/

On 12/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, elijah said:

Seems like the album is managing to appear on this year best lp lists. Its quite an achievement having in mind how little attention it got. Quality matters.

Totally agree. 

On 12/20/2019 at 4:46 PM, Gus said:

MOST SEARCHED ALBUMS OF 2019

The end of the year is closing in, with many reflecting on the biggest records of 2019. There's been talk of a rock and metal surge in 2019, and according to trends data provider SEMrush, both Tool and Slipknot are leading the way.

Taking a closer look at what people Googled this year and analyzing search volume, SEMrush determined that both Tool's Fear Incoculum and Slipknot's We Are Not Your Kind were among the 10 Most Searched Albums of 2019.

That puts them in lofty company with Taylor Swift's Love, Kanye West's Jesus Is King, Madonna's Madame X and Post Malone's Hollywood's Bleeding among others.

The top 11 Most Searched Albums can be viewed below:

Taylor Swift – Lover
Kanye West – Jesus Is King
Tool – Fear Inoculum
Melanie Martinez – K 12
Madonna – Madame X
Ed Sheeran – No. 6 Collaborations Project
Chris Brown – Indigo
Slipknot – We Are Not Your Kind
Drake – Care Package
Chance the Rapper – The Big Day
Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding

https://loudwire.com/slipknot-tool-most-searched-albums-2019/

This is head scratching - how does all this not translate into album sales/singles chart placings?

maybe the issue is that Warner’s was such an omnipresent multimedia juggernaut that being signed to them provided the marketing push M needed.

i know artists like Prince have rallied against the big labels & their control but maybe the labels do make the artist...

18 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

This is head scratching - how does all this not translate into album sales/singles chart placings?

maybe the issue is that Warner’s was such an omnipresent multimedia juggernaut that being signed to them provided the marketing push M needed.

i know artists like Prince have rallied against the big labels & their control but maybe the labels do make the artist...

Several key factors at play, her key demographic aren't that big at streaming, promotion was limited, Eurovision was off-putting and supply of physical copies was poor.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Several key factors at play, her key demographic aren't that big at streaming, promotion was limited, Eurovision was off-putting and supply of physical copies was poor.

oh well

• 2 weeks later...

Let me first start off by saying that I love Madame X as is, and as much as I am thankful for volume of quality songs, I enjoy making my own edits of her recent albums to re-examine their focus. Sometimes I remove songs, sometimes I add bonus tracks into the proper sequence, etc., and with Madame X, I messed around with the sequence a little and I was surprised how much I prefer it to the original....

I did omit some biggies tho, so don't shoot me, but i think it's tighter and packs more of a punch....

1. Come Alive (would've loved a slightly extended intro for the first song, but this is still great as is)
2. Crave
3. Future
4. Batuka
5. Killers Who Are Partying
6. Crazy
7. Medellín
8. Extreme Occident
9. Faz Gostoso
10. Bitch, I'm Loca
11. I Don't Search I Find
12. God Control

Bonus Track:
13. Ciao Bella

You should check it out... i think it's pretty dope.

In this alternate reality, I think I Rise could've been a Pride50 exclusive digital/vinyl release, and Dark Ballet a post-album/tour single and video. Looking for Mercy is filler imo, so that can just be gone.

4 hours ago, mtsanis said:

Let me first start off by saying that I love Madame X as is, and as much as I am thankful for volume of quality songs, I enjoy making my own edits of her recent albums to re-examine their focus. Sometimes I remove songs, sometimes I add bonus tracks into the proper sequence, etc., and with Madame X, I messed around with the sequence a little and I was surprised how much I prefer it to the original....

I did omit some biggies tho, so don't shoot me, but i think it's tighter and packs more of a punch....

1. Come Alive (would've loved a slightly extended intro for the first song, but this is still great as is)
2. Crave
3. Future
4. Batuka
6. Crazy
7. Medellín
8. Extreme Occident
9. Faz Gostoso
10. Bitch, I'm Loca
12. God Control

Bonus Track:
13. Ciao Bella

In this alternate reality, I think I Rise could've been a Pride50 exclusive digital/vinyl release, and Dark Ballet a post-album/tour single and video. Looking for Mercy is filler imo, so that can just be gone.

Looking for Mercy is not filler but the best song on the album.  Faz Gostoso and Bitch I'm Loca are fillers.  And Madame X without Dark Ballet is an apostate.  

6 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Looking for Mercy is not filler but the best song on the album.  Faz Gostoso and Bitch I'm Loca are fillers.  And Madame X without Dark Ballet is an apostate.  

to each their own, i guess. the chorus for LFM is tuneless and unimaginative at best.

3 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Faz Gostoso slaps hard you dumbazz phags!

Tell it like it is!!! They arrested Bobby Brown for fucking on stage!! They arrested him for fucking on stage !

22 hours ago, mtsanis said:

2. Crave
3. Future
4. Batuka
6. Crazy
7. Medellín
8. Extreme Occident
9. Faz Gostoso
10. Bitch, I'm Loca
12. God Control

Bonus Track:
13. Ciao Bella

i really liked this edit. good job!