Madame X album general discussion

On 11/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, Mr.X said:

Madame X is such a brilliant album. Thanks to it, I can literally transpose my joyful or sad memories into every song. The melancholy is present in the whole album, which allows us to remember different moments of our life. I think it's a special album. You have to be in a certain mood to be able to listen to it but once you do that, it's amazing!

👍👍👍 well said.

So still no clues from the insiders about the Madame X unreleased tracks ... I'm curious to know how many songs are approximately still out there and if they're fado or afro oriented, too. I'd also like to hear some clues about possible titles. And is it true a few tracks are already in store for a future release, connected to a compilation project? Can anybody help please?

Edited by Stefo

6 hours ago, Stefo said:

So still no clues from the insiders about the Madame X unreleased tracks ... I'm curious to know how many songs are approximately still out there and if they're fado or afro oriented, too. I'd also like to hear some clues about possible titles. And is it true a few tracks are already in store for a future release, connected to a compilation project? Can anybody help please?

Where did you get this info from? I’d love to read more about it

8 hours ago, sillynate said:

Where did you get this info from? I’d love to read more about it

Just some supposed insider rumour, that's why I was checking the attendibility here. The possible arguments in support are basically two, but really don't know if it has to be considered a reliable news:

• it's the end of the Live Nation collaboration and releasing a compilation with new tracks and a deluxe with some bonus is something they could consider to do, especially with the long pause she will take to direct the future movie.
  • there are a few tracks from the Madame X session we heard about she never released, especially the one written with the piano palyer who performed with her at the Met Ball, reported to be the author of a track for the new album, and the one she collaborated with Nakhane to.
Edited by Stefo

5 hours ago, Stefo said:

Just some supposed insider rumour, that's why I was checking the attendibility here. The possible arguments in support are basically two, but really don't know if it has to be considered a reliable news:

• it's the end of the Live Nation collaboration and releasing a compilation with new tracks and a deluxe with some bonus is something they could consider to do, especially with the long pause she will take to direct the future movie.
  • there are a few tracks from the Madame X session we heard about she never released, especially the one written with the piano palyer who performed with her at the Met Ball, reported to be the author of a track for the new album, and the one she collaborated with Nakhane to.

Are you saying she needs to release one more album as final part of the live nation contract or the contract is finished so she's looking to put something out separately before she does a film?

Either way, yay if we get more music, probably the end of the tour!!!

22 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Are you saying she needs to release one more album as final part of the live nation contract or the contract is finished so she's looking to put something out separately before she does a film?

Either way, yay if we get more music, probably the end of the tour!!!

I'm saying that it's possible that, finished the three albums contract with Live Nation, she could release an album with the best tracks from the last decade.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, lasky said:

The atrocity that True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer was over overlooked for the 80s!! That said pretty much... As much as they denied "Take A Bow" for Record and Song of The Year that year, I just want to punch the academy in their face!!! 

But then, its throughout these snubs year after year that I've now became - the academy can award whoever they see fit with their gold - a meaningless, totally biased award show under the disguise of being a peer voting award show.... yeah, when those peer of yours are all towards teenage music!!! 

Lady gaga can now get 9 awards throughout her short lifespan of 10 years, shamelessly campaigning for that grammys/oscars.... to me, the once coveted now becomes covered with shit and dust - and this is by no means of sour grapes... just that it made me open my eyes - witnessing the industry manipulating people for these awards or vice versa... there's no merit or validity anymore.... all just goes down the drain....

Madonna and Like A Virgin would easily get Record, Song and Album of the year by todays standards..

And she would be named Best New Artist twice in a row..

2 hours ago, sotos8 said:

So far it's the only list it Madame X is featured . Rolling stone named Ariana ' s album as the best of the year .Weird times , very weird

That’s what they named best album? More so than Madame X, Titanic Rising, Norman Rockwell, Magdalene? That’s definitely a choice... 

Madame X is certainly one of the best albums of 2019, yeah. Its musical variety is unique and so much better than what some pop artists did this year imo (boring songs with basic productions).

Edited by Mr.X

According to Metacritic, Madame X was the 4th most discussed album of 2019.

#1 Lover
#2 Norman F*cking Rockwell!
#3 Romance
#4 Madame X
#5 thank u, next
#6 The Lion King: The Gift
#7 Jesus Is King
#8 Dedicated
#9 Fear Inoculum
#10 Charli
#11 Fine Line
#12 IGOR

14 hours ago, trevorhog said:

According to Metacritic, Madame X was the 4th most discussed album of 2019.

#1 Lover
#2 Norman F*cking Rockwell!
#3 Romance
#4 Madame X
#5 thank u, next
#6 The Lion King: The Gift
#7 Jesus Is King
#8 Dedicated
#9 Fear Inoculum
#10 Charli
#11 Fine Line
#12 IGOR

what is "romance"? 

Are we all listening to the album as it is, or rearranging the track list?

For me it flows so much better like this:

1. Dark Ballet

2. God Control

3. Extreme Occident

4. I Don’t Search I Find

5. Killers 

6. Come Alive

7. Crave

8. Crazy

9. I Rise

10. Looking For Mercy

11. Future