Madame X album general discussion

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

Her goal isn't Grammy awards and acclaim. We got 5 amazing videos and actual promotional strategy until the tour. It SUCKS she doesn't get accolades but it's likely she never will again. She knows this. I'd hate to see her campaigning. If Bruce isn't getting nominated there's no way she will. That ship has sailed for now. 

Madonna makes the decisions, so hating Guy is fine but really. She just put her music on Stranger Things and it did exactly what it was supposed to do...promote her to new audiences. It wouldn't have made any Madame X song more of a hit.

What promotional strategy? This is one of her least promoted albums ever

Barely any magazine covers, no interviews for the tour or tour rehearsals, nothing

A dinky 30 minute documentary just tossed , without promo, on Amazon.  She could have done a major two hour documentary film and promoted it's release as well

Rebel Heart had an EXCELLENT promo campaign

Hell even MDNA had a better promo push than MX

I still have yet even really SEEN all those MX personas she was carrying on about

Well you barely do any photo shoots anymore...

For such a so called visual album

A huge fail...

6 hours ago, ROCKERITO_MX said:

Zero nominations for Bruce Springsteen as well. The Grammies are the new mtv awards🤷🏻‍♂️ Some of the nominations are ridiculous😑😑

Precisely. It's all about them chasing ratings with the youth who aren't interested in watching anyway.

3 hours ago, Samo said:

Barely any magazine covers, no interviews for the tour or tour rehearsals, nothing

A dinky 30 minute documentary just tossed , without promo, on Amazon.  She could have done a major two hour documentary film and promoted it's release as well

I still have yet even really SEEN all those MX personas she was carrying on about

A huge fail...

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Samo said:

A huge fail...

Please. MDNAs "promo" was atrocious. I remember everyone saying how it needed promotion because it was just thrown out to drop of the charts. Hard Candy same as well after the first week of release. Nothing.  Madame X had tons of promo. If it had worked you wouldnt be saying anything about the amount of promo.

Also, magazine covers dont sell albums. She did interviews and they did nothing. Promo is different now. Get used to it.

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Please. MDNAs "promo" was atrocious. I remember everyone saying how it needed promotion because it was just thrown out to drop of the charts. Hard Candy same as well after the first week of release. Nothing.  Madame X had tons of promo. If it had worked you wouldnt be saying anything about the amount of promo.

Also, magazine covers dont sell albums. She did interviews and they did nothing. Promo is different now. Get used to it.

Hard Candy got promo and spent like 37 weeks on the charts, which is more than her last 3 albums COMBINED

It did well, #9 top selling album of 2008 worldwide of course it was coming off the COADF high

9 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

And another thing, since YOU brought up Hard Candy

Warner's pushed the hell out of 4M at radio and Madonna gave DOZENS of US radio interviews for it, she gave like 3 I think for MX, so Madonna didn't have to do a million live performances, not to mention the song was used in Sunsilk commercials, one that premiered during the 2008 Superbowl and it worked and received 3 Grammy nominations, the album did

Knowing that radio won't touch her new stuff and her so called label won't push her , you would think that would push her to PROMO like crazy

Where's the Sunsilk commercial type tie in, where's the radio deal, where is Madonna giving radio interviews to EVERY major radio station that could potentially play her?

She did it for 4M

That drive is no longer there

6 minutes ago, Samo said:

And another thing, since YOU brought up Hard Candy

Warner's pushed the hell out of 4M at radio and Madonna gave DOZENS of US radio interviews for it, she gave like 3 I think for MX, so Madonna didn't have to do a million live performances, not to mention the song was used in Sunsilk commercials, one that premiered during the 2008 Superbowl and it worked and received 3 Grammy nominations, the album did

Knowing that radio won't touch her new stuff and her so called label won't push her , you would think that would push her to PROMO like crazy

Where's the Sunsilk commercial type tie in, where's the radio deal, where is Madonna giving radio interviews to EVERY major radio station that could potentially play her?

She did it for 4M

That drive is no longer there

And since you brought up 4 Minutes. It was already a hit from the moment it was released. It had Justin Timberlake. She was 49 years old and digital sales were on her side. Also as you said, she was coming off COAF.  Its 2019 and none of the older females artists are getting hits or selling well.  Madonna already did 10x more promo then Mariah, Celine, and Barbra.  No one cared. They pushed Medellin it just didnt catch on. 

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Nothing but positive things to say about this extraordinary body of work and tour this era! We don’t deserve her. She knocked it out of the park.

I'm with you on that!

6 hours ago, TiagoRodrigues said:

You can't really have such heartfelt messages and Portuguese sounds with sound effects like Batuka and most Mirwais songs.

Yes you can, as made evident on brilliant tracks like God Control, Batuka, and Killers.

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

And since you brought up 4 Minutes. It was already a hit from the moment it was released. It had Justin Timberlake. She was 49 years old and digital sales were on her side. Also as you said, she was coming off COAF.  Its 2019 and none of the older females artists are getting hits or selling well.  Madonna already did 10x more promo then Mariah, Celine, and Barbra.  No one cared. They pushed Medellin it just didnt catch on. 

Where was this promo?  ONE US tv performance and ONE in Europe, 2 talk show spots WITHOUT performing, 3 radio interviews and a handful of TV interviews during a press junket...  Oh a British Vogue cover and a free , insert New York Times magazine cover....

That's considered  10  times promo?

How, where???

4 hours ago, Samo said:

A huge fail...

Without a traditional record company backing her up, veteran artists will never ever have a chance... 

1 minute ago, lasky said:

Without a traditional record company backing her up, veteran artists will never ever have a chance... 

Yup

Imagine if Ray of Light had the same "promotional strategy" (cough, cough) as MX?

Just drop the album after a handful of TV interviews and two performances WORLDWIDE on TV and then immediately go to your rehearsals and not give a single interview or photoshoot for the remainder of 1998....

No TV specials, big magazine covers, awards appearances, etc

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

Madame X was supposed to be a visual album? That’s news to me. @Samo can you point me to where this was confirmed?

I said it's a visual album just as Madonna is a visual artist in that, she's playing different personas on the album, that make up Madame X, not in that she was gonna make a video for every song type visual album...

It's all pointless now anyway, 98% of the general public have no idea about the album or that she's even on tour, her career, legacy and lack of PR push has been an absolute DISGRACE in the last 10 years

There's no other way to put it

It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from

Ashame because RH and MX are good albums

Just now, Samo said:

I said it's a visual album just as Madonna is a visual artist in that, she's playing different personas on the album, that make up Madame X, not in that she was gonna make a video for every song type visual album...

It's all pointless now anyway, 98% of the general public have no idea about the album or that she's even on tour, her career, legacy and lack of PR push has been an absolute DISGRACE in the last 10 years

There's no other way to put it

It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from

Ashame because RH and MX are good albums

You’re so overdramatic, it’s ridiculous. All I asked for was for you to back up your claim that it was a “so-called visual album.” You can’t, got it. Do you ever get tired of complaining? Because we’re tired of reading your moaning about magazine covers FIVE months after the fact.

We got nineteen new songs, five music videos, and a critically-acclaimed tour. Her artistic passion is unmatched and we’re beyond lucky that she’s so engaged nearly 35 years into her career. What a waste of energy to continually bitch about the commercial aspect of this inspired project.

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

You’re so overdramatic, it’s ridiculous. All I asked for was for you to back up your claim that it was a “so-called visual album.” You can’t, got it. Do you ever get tired of complaining? Because we’re tired of reading your moaning about magazine covers FIVE months after the fact.

We got nineteen new songs, five music videos, and a critically-acclaimed tour. Her artistic passion is unmatched and we’re beyond lucky that she’s so engaged nearly 35 years into her career. What a waste of energy to continually bitch about the commercial aspect of this inspired project.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yes but what's the point of working hard for your art, when you don't get it out to the masses?

Imagine all the iconic moments of her career, WITHOUT the masses picking up on it and without that great promo that she USED to have

They wouldn't be iconic

The end

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

And I backed up my claim that it's a "visual album" in that the album's success lie in the visual MX personas, you know that except for that damn eye patch, we never get to see any of them, so the point was Madonna?

It's her job to get it out , her music that she worked so hard on, to as many people as possible

The Madonna of 83/84 would have never allowed this, she made sure everyone knew her

And I stand that she needs to fire Guy, get actual publicity team (this Novak person that was suppose to rehabilitate her PR , hasn't done jack shit) and invest her OWN MONEY in the future of her career if she wants to be thought of as current, who h according to the Billboard interview, she doe

Oh and get back on a real record label

And stop releasing albums in the Spring and going into tour rehearsals right away, PROMOTE it for months, release I October/November, start the PR the summer before, promote until March the following year and then begin tour rehearsals

Basically the COADF, 2005-2006 promo strategy

15 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Thank you from everyone for calling out the insanity. Because that's what it is, insanity.

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

And I backed up my claim that it's a "visual album" in that the album's success lie in the visual MX personas, you know that except for that damn eye patch, we never get to see any of them, so the point was Madonna?

It's her job to get it out , her music that she worked so hard on, to as many people as possible

The Madonna of 83/84 would have never allowed this, she made sure everyone knew her

And I stand that she needs to fire Guy, get actual publicity team (this Novak person that was suppose to rehabilitate her PR , hasn't done jack shit) and invest her OWN MONEY in the future of her career if she wants to be thought of as current, who h according to the Billboard interview, she doe

Oh and get back on a real record label

And stop releasing albums in the Spring and going into tour rehearsals right away, PROMOTE it for months, release I October/November, start the PR the summer before, promote until March the following year and then begin tour rehearsals

Basically the COADF, 2005-2006 promo strategy

There are plenty of other commercially successful artists that you can follow, if you can't deal with the fact that Madonna is not in her 20s or 30s anymore and that her imperial phase has been over for years.

You should be proud that no other pop artist sounded in 2019 like Madonna. 

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

There are plenty of other commercially successful artists that you can follow, if you can't deal with the fact that Madonna is not in her 20s or 30s anymore and that her imperial phase has been over for years.

You should be proud that no other pop artist sounded in 2019 like Madonna. 

Ok well since everyone is a above charts and awards, then the chart section should be removed on here

Since we're so hip and "above it all"

8 minutes ago, Samo said:

Ok well since everyone is a above charts and awards, then the chart section should be removed on here

Since we're so hip and "above it all"

I never cared about charts and awards. Charts and awards cannot influence my taste, believe it or not. 

1 hour ago, Samo said:

Where was this promo?  ONE US tv performance and ONE in Europe, 2 talk show spots WITHOUT performing, 3 radio interviews and a handful of TV interviews during a press junket...  Oh a British Vogue cover and a free , insert New York Times magazine cover....

That's considered  10  times promo?

How, where???

I said 10x more when compared to the other older divas who released albums. Please show me all the promo Celine, Mariah, and Barbra did? Where are the tons of live performances of their songs? Where is the radio push for their songs? Where were their songs on major playlists?

MTV pushed Medellin in the US. It had no effect. She had spotify playlist support for alll of the prerelease tracks.  Faz Gostozo was on that Brazilian playlist with 2.5 million followers. Crave became her highest charting song on AC in while. Which I am willing to bet was because of some behind the scenes push. 

There was a lot of promo. Just because you dont feel satisfied doesnt negate the fact that there was a lot of promo. 

37 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Can we please take a moment? Where it all began! :wow:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPcYnNhVvz/?igshid=1s0w2ro9d6ftp

Amazing. And she more than delivered with everything that followed. I was not prepared! Another era of killer material, stunning visuals, and out-of-the-box creativity. Madame X has been everything.

5 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I said 10x more when compared to the other older divas who released albums. Please show me all the promo Celine, Mariah, and Barbra did? Where are the tons of live performances of their songs? Where is the radio push for their songs? Where were their songs on major playlists?

MTV pushed Medellin in the US. It had no effect. She had spotify playlist support for alll of the prerelease tracks.  Faz Gostozo was on that Brazilian playlist with 2.5 million followers. Crave became her highest charting song on AC in while. Which I am willing to bet was because of some behind the scenes push. 

There was a lot of promo. Just because you dont feel satisfied doesnt negate the fact that there was a lot of promo. 

I don't follow those acts so I wouldn't know

I still don't feel she did enough for the album

I'm not being overdramatic, I'm passionate, like when the Cowboys, my favorite football team, lost that game they should have won two weeks ago and I was posting, "Fire Garrett" , their head coach all over social media

Same with Guy O.  Fire him

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

I don't follow those acts so I wouldn't know

I still don't feel she did enough for the album

I'm not being overdramatic, I'm passionate, like when the Cowboys, my favorite football team, lost that game they should have won two weeks ago and I was posting, "Fire Garrett" , their head coach all over social media

Same with Guy O.  Fire him

Also Medellin was A list on Radio 2 for multiple weeks. 

I dont think Guy O has much say. Madonna  said Guy tried to get her to sing the hits and she said "shes not an artist whose artistry has died" or something like that. Guy also joked on instagram that she should be getting ready for a show instead of being on Instagram. Plus, one of the MX shows Madonna said her manager wasnt speaking to her. So he is doing something. Its Madonna who no longer has the drive to be number 1.