Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Favorite Madame X Video   

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Music video from the Madame X Era?

God Control

Crave

Medellin

Batuka

Dark Ballet (could have been my number one if Madonna portrayed the part of Mykki Blanco)

I Rise (how i wish madonna incorporated the Bounce magazine look wherein she was dancing like Martha Graham and inserted in the video during the chorus parts)

Medelin . It's a proper old school music video .

49 minutes ago, the-queen said:

She really went all out with that video. Good choice.

It reminds me of the old Madonna's video that I grew up with . Lots of outfits , a good story line and great cinematography . 

It’s been years since she’s given us such back-to-back Madonna-caliber, high quality videos that it’s hard to pick, probably since the Music era.

But I picked Medellín. Batuka would be a close second.

21 hours ago, Shaun said:

I’m trying to decide between Batuka and God Control. She fucking knocked it out of the park with this album and the visuals attached.

I can’t decide either between these two

It’s indisputable that the visuals for this era are some of the best she’s done in the last 20 years. So much thought was put into each and every one of these videos that it’s no wonder she took her time with this project. 

I have to go with Medellín. The video makes me want to GO to Medellín. Just a sweeping opus of grandeur that harkens back to a time when videos told a story. When they were fun and bright and quirky. The chemistry between Maluma and Madonna is so palpable that it practically hits you in the face.  I love everything about it. It’s absolutely in my top 10 fave Madonna music videos. 

God Control is a close second. On another planet or in a different time this would be another Like A Prayer moment. 

All of them are just stunning. 

I just watched the World of Madame X documentary again and there are still so many visuals!! There is no way she went through all that trouble creating different looks just for a documentary. I’m convinced there will be more videos! 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

I just watched the World of Madame X documentary again and there are still so many visuals!! There is no way she went through all that trouble creating different looks just for a documentary. I’m convinced there will be more videos! 

That's my hope too.  😉  But I think we would have known since we pretty much knew about all the other videos being shot. 

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

That's my hope too.  😉  But I think we would have known since we pretty much knew about all the other videos being shot. 

This Madame X album is screaming for a Eurythmics type Savage video album. I like how the dark haired Madame is more serious and grounded while the blonde haired Madame is more flirty and flighty.

Voting for Batuka as my first choice....

2.God Control, 3. Medellin, 4. Crave, & 5. Dark Ballet, & finally 6. I Rise

Top absolute favorite God Control. The one that will continue to stand out years, decades to come. The most powerful video since Like A Prayer to me. Along with festive Medellin, the two that I love the most. The rest, no comment.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:31 PM, Ghost Town said:

This Madame X album is screaming for a Eurythmics type Savage video album. I like how the dark haired Madame is more serious and grounded while the blonde haired Madame is more flirty and flighty.

With everything digital/streaming, I don't see a physical format happening. I think we are just going to get what she puts out there.  But it would be awesome if she wraps up the tour and releases a Blu-ray of the concert and all the videos and any extras.  I know, I know, don't hold my breath. She's hardly known for putting anything significant on her concert videos. LOL! 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:13 AM, Crystal Coffin said:

FAZ GOSTOSO

But to be serious, "Medellín" is still the best one. 

Where's the video? 😋

Medellin....It's so great to see Madge being all carefree & fun..God Control was cute too..But it lacks Medellin's replay value

Batuka > Crave > God Control (minus points for being too long) > Madellin (minus points for bad intro) > Dark Ballet (minus points for you blink, you miss Madonna > I Rise (for very obvious reasons)